• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Squawk Summer Draft

AHF

• Moderators

You guys interested in doing it again this year?  If so, please post your interest (or lack thereof if you have participated in the past and don't want to this year) in the thread and we'll do it or not based on what people are thinking.  It's been a good time during the dog days of summer in the past but figure we may be down some good posters having come back up.

• Like 4

• AHF pinned this topic

My picks last year:

Lebron - INJ ( 1/3 season ) . . actually had an outstanding season ( outside of being hurt )
Porzingis - INJ ( 100% season ) . . traded to Dallas
Cousins - INJ ( 1/2 season ) . . provided midseason spark, but was at 50% of his effectiveness
Lonzo - INJ ( 1/4 season ) . . slight improvement, traded
Kuzma - scoring increased, efficiency didn't
Tyreke Evans - rapid decline, worst season of his career
Bagley - 1st team All-Rookie
Carter - INJ ( 1/2 season ) . . didn't make a rookie team
Lou Williams - 6th man of the year, excellent the entire season
Ingles - no improvement
Howard - INJ ( 100% season ) . . butt hurt . . . literally 
Coach Casey - led Detroit to get swept in the 1st round by Milwaukee
Jordan Crawford - DNP . . ( will be on Boeheim's Army during The Basketball Tournament ) . . he's also doing real estate now in Detroit
Joe Johnson - BIG3

Overall, a pretty disappointing draft last year, especially with the young players ( outside of Bagley ).  The best thing I did was execute about 10,000 trades.

I'll pass this year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

My picks last year:

Lebron - INJ ( 1/3 season ) . . actually had an outstanding season ( outside of being hurt )
Porzingis - INJ ( 100% season ) . . traded to Dallas
Cousins - INJ ( 1/2 season ) . . provided midseason spark, but was at 50% of his effectiveness
Lonzo - INJ ( 1/4 season ) . . slight improvement, traded
Kuzma - scoring increased, efficiency didn't
Tyreke Evans - rapid decline, worst season of his career
Bagley - 1st team All-Rookie
Carter - INJ ( 1/2 season ) . . didn't make a rookie team
Lou Williams - 6th man of the year, excellent the entire season
Ingles - no improvement
Howard - INJ ( 100% season ) . . butt hurt . . . literally 
Coach Casey - led Detroit to get swept in the 1st round by Milwaukee
Jordan Crawford - DNP . . ( will be on Boeheim's Army during The Basketball Tournament ) . . he's also doing real estate now in Detroit
Joe Johnson - BIG3

Overall, a pretty disappointing draft last year, especially with the young players ( outside of Bagley ).  The best thing I did was execute about 10,000 trades.

I'll pass this year.

You write all that and ur gonna pass? Sounds like a smokescreen. I think you’re in? 😆 

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Let’s get this thing rolling to see who wins the Zion sweepstakes 😆 

We're at 6 people right now.  Probably should get a few more on board!  I know you are desperate to get Luka so you can double up by replicating your avatar in your sig but we'll get there.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, AHF said:

We're at 6 people right now.  Probably should get a few more on board!  I know you are desperate to get Luka so you can double up by replicating your avatar in your sig but we'll get there.

If I’m at a place to take Luka, I’d have to trade down...too much squawk drama and pressure to take my avatar love.. ugh 😑 

• Like 1

I had a pretty nice squad last year.  Got Kawhi Leonard at pick # 11 , due to everyone passing on him because of injury concerns. 😁

PG: Kyrie Irving / Eric Bledsoe / Elfrid Payton

SG: Luka Doncic / Nicolas Batum

SF: Kawhi Leonard / Michael PorterJr / Jabari Parker

PF: John Collins /Kevin Love  /Harrison Barnes

😄 Andre Drummond / Nikola Vucevic

Coach: Mike D’Antoni

• Like 3

On 6/24/2019 at 2:12 PM, AHF said:

You guys interested in doing it again this year?  If so, please post your interest (or lack thereof if you have participated in the past and don't want to this year) in the thread and we'll do it or not based on what people are thinking.  It's been a good time during the dog days of summer in the past but figure we may be down some good posters having come back up.

I am in.

My decent picks were KAT, Turner, Beal, Hield, and Shai. I still need to see more from my SF spot: Ingram, Fournier, OG and PG Dennis Smith Jr.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

If I’m at a place to take Luka, I’d have to trade down...too much squawk drama and pressure to take my avatar love.. ugh 😑 

That avatar is one ugly looking mug.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/26/2019 at 12:51 PM, pimp said:

I had a pretty nice squad last year.  Got Kawhi Leonard at pick # 11 , due to everyone passing on him because of injury concerns. 😁

PG: Kyrie Irving / Eric Bledsoe / Elfrid Payton

SG: Luka Doncic / Nicolas Batum

SF: Kawhi Leonard / Michael PorterJr / Jabari Parker

PF: John Collins /Kevin Love  /Harrison Barnes

😄 Andre Drummond / Nikola Vucevic

Coach: Mike D’Antoni

Your starting 5 probably wins a title.

3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The true test of the dynasty draft, would be to go back to 2015 or 2016, and see who you guys took then, and see if your team would still be viable.

Ya aren’t they in the dynasty section? Now I wanna check cuz I think I did it that year in 2015 or 16. For the love of God I hope 🤞🏽 I didn’t take Wiggins. 😏 

• Haha 2