• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Agency 2019

JayBirdHawk

25 minutes ago, sturt said:

You mean this guy?

129646334b5c497034e73b309810b20d.jpg

Just an absolutely beautiful reference guy. Maybe the biggest non sports fun times of my mid nineteen seventies years. Sorry if that sounds way too boring. It wasn't. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/4/2019 at 3:45 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

:good: They never are and should never be.  Sometimes, just sometimes I prefer to believe what my lying eyes tell me about a players play on the court and how it impacts other players.

Kinda lets you know who watches more than a handful of our games at the very least.

25 minutes ago, sturt said:

Yes, yes.  And in observance of the sabbath he won't announce on Saturday.

And so as to not take attention away from the USWNT or USMNT teams he won't announce on Sunday during the Women's World Cup and Gold Cup finals.

And so as to not take attention away from the MLB Home Run Derby and All Star Game he won't announce until next Wednesday at the earliest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Did you vet that "source"?

Probably nah.

I'm really not sure how much trust I put in Cris Carter, seriously. But a lot of people seem to be persuaded he has some insight, and what the heck, no one else seems to be as confident of their reporting on Kawhi.... not like I'm sending anyone to a link for a re-hash story or as-if, for that matter, I'm accepting his word as gospel that I, in turn, can use to advance my theories on Schlenk's future decision-making.

Right?

• Haha 1

Kawhi is a typical greedy athlete.  Just wants all the spotlight on him for as long as he can.  People want to say he’s different, but at the end of the day he’s not.  Just self absorbed and grossly overpaid like everyone else.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Kawhi is a typical greedy athlete.  Just wants all the spotlight on him for as long as he can.  People want to say he’s different, but at the end of the day he’s not.  Just self absorbed and grossly overpaid like everyone else.

Sadly, comes from the top. Even if Kawhi’s true personality would want to announce on the 30th If June, Adam Silver wouldn’t allow it. He’s a snake 🐍 that needs to milk every penny. I mean that’s how businesses work and the NBA is nothing but that. You may be right or not we will never know as long as it’s a structure system in the NBA..always will be moving forward.

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

grossly overpaid

Uh, think the Raptor fans would disagree whether he does bolt or not. Their place in NBA history was cemented in very, very large part by Kawhi.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Did you vet that "source"?

Probably nah.

Lol.

So Kawhi is concerned about 'leaks' right. If Carter is in his inner circle shouldn't he be concerned. Or is it just team related leaks?

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Lol.

So Kawhi is concerned about 'leaks' right. If Carter is in his inner circle shouldn't he be concerned. Or is it just team related leaks?

I think Kawhi is tired of Carter and Jalen Rose. Rose 🌹 is hilarious I’m sorry I can’t watch him without giggling 🤭 

15 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Noon is when the league new year starts

The problem is, if LAL is still waiting on Kawhi, they need the trade(s) to be delayed.  Without their trades (and, by extension, our trade), they don't have the space to sign him.

I've been trying to figure out what happens if he doesn't decide by noon.  We may be screwed.  At best, it's temporary.  At worse, someone of the 6-7 teams could presumably pull out of the deal and everything falls apart.

Why's nobody talking about this?!

Eta: I have no idea if I'm reading the situation correctly but it seems clear they need him to decide by noon.  Where's the cap nerds?!

Edited by kg01

3 hours ago, Alex said:

He’s making a huge life decision and we’re only 5 days into free agency. This is how the process is supposed to work. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, kg01 said:

The problem is, if LAL is still waiting on Kawhi, they need the trade(s) to be delayed.  Without their trades (and, by extension, our trade), they don't have the space to sign him.

I've been trying to figure out what happens if he doesn't decide by noon.  We may be screwed.  At best, it's temporary.  At worse, someone of the 6-7 teams could presumably pull out of the deal and everything falls apart.

Eta: I have no idea if I'm reading the situation correctly but it seems clear they need him to decide by noon.  Where's the cap nerds?!

There's an 11M difference in salary over 4 years between LAL signing KL before AD trade vs after. The folks on the jump seemed to imply that the deal would be done tomorrow when other teams are expecting to complete their  transactions. If KL wants LAL he either commits early and gets 11M more or waits and takes 11M less.

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, kg01 said:

There's like almost 9 teams involved in this circus. I don't see how it's fair that all those teams are being held up by the Lakers. They can't back out of the AD trade, cuz Kawhi's definitely not going there if they do.

As first reported, the AD deal is to be consumated on the 6th when the moratorium is lifted. As I understand it, Deals are agreed to prior, just cannot be signed until the 6th.

• Thanks 1