• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Are the Hawks on Amar'e Stoudemire's Radar?

Blunt91

I am watching First Take on ESPN.  Amar'e is the Guest for today.  One of the Guys asked him "what team right now in the NBA would benefit most from having you?"  He stated the young teams that have the next wave of Great Players.  He said he thinks he could mentor them a lot and does not mine being the 9th or 10th player off the bench.   You ask me that sounds like Atlanta.  Your thoughts on adding Amar'e?

First, I think it's best the phrase it "Is Amare on the Hawks' radar".  Not like he's got many choices so it doesn't matter who's on "his radar".

To answer the question, I do recall hearing the Hawks were among the teams that viewed his workout so maybe that's where the connection was?

4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

No thanks.   Is there evidence that Amare is a good leader?

Is there evidence he isn't?  Seems like a flaky guy in general but I hadn't seen anything that would make me vehemently opposed to having him around.  I imagine, via his Nash connection, CLP has an idea if he's a fit personality-wise.

I’m kind of good on Amare. He keeps saying he will be good for the young guys cuz that’s what’s gonna get him paid.

In reality, here is how it will go.

Amare: Ey yo Trae let’s F with Quavo tonight?

Trae: Bro, we got practice tomorrow. What’s wrong wit u kid.

Amare: Practice? We talkin bout..

(all goes downhill from there)

NO! NO! NO! No bad influences around these kids. Let them stay focused.

• Like 1

He seemed like a pretty Mature Guy during the interview, he said all the Right things.  Stated he could mentor and also show the Young Guys how to work hard.   Also be fore he left the Guy who asked the question about the teams gave him 3 teams he think are up and coming and Atlanta was on of them.   Stoudemire was very Coy when he responded he just said Atlanta was a Good team but did not say anything else.   The other 2 teams were Indiana & Dallas.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Hawks don't those type of mins or it would bring VC back

If VC could play center he probably would be signed already. We have minutes there. I don't know if we want to give them to a guy who has been out of the league for a few years, though. 

5 minutes ago, High5 said:

If VC could play center he probably would be signed already. We have minutes there. I don't know if we want to give them to a guy who has been out of the league for a few years, though. 

That's true, we do got C mins

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

He’s a veteran big that will be cheap who’s had some success in his career. I think it’d be a good addition to the team..

All things being equal, I agree.

I'm just not inclined to add another big who doesn't qualify as a stretch player.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

I believe I understood ATL was one of the teams present for the Amare/Monta workout recently.

Was it Paul Crane who tweeted that there was actual legit interest on ATL's part?

• Moderators

VC coming back is all up to VC I thought?   Who was the last player to be out of the league 2+ years and come back to contribute to an nba roster.  I can't think of any and if there are any they probably weren't 35 years old.   

• Like 1

6 hours ago, macdaddy said:

VC coming back is all up to VC I thought?   Who was the last player to be out of the league 2+ years and come back to contribute to an nba roster.  I can't think of any and if there are any they probably weren't 35 years old.   

The only one that comes to mind would be MJ😉

Edited by enrique
I have no clue how to put a table into a post:(
  • Like 1

On 7/14/2019 at 10:23 PM, Blunt91 said:

Never mind getting Stoudemire, this fool was trying to fight someone who made him mad on IG.

https://www.opencourt-basketball.com/amare-stoudemire-wants-to-fight-fan-over-instagram-post/

Was this person a fire extinguisher?

• Haha 1