• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks sign G Brandon Goodwin to a two-way deal

GrimeyKidd

• Moderators

Pretty sure this is the signing that will light a fire under the Hawks fan base.  When you have the chance to get a small score first point guard who will be 24 when the season starts and sports a 26.1% FG% for his career you have to move quickly.  

(In fairness to Goodwin, he did pretty well in the G-League last season.)

• Haha 1

• Moderators

https://nugglove.com/2019/07/22/summer-league-notebook-brandon-goodwin-denver-nuggets/

Goodwin played just under 1,000 minutes in the NBA G League last season, playing for the Memphis Hustle and Iowa Wolves franchises. He averaged 21.3 points, 6.8 rebounds, and 5.1 assists per game, an impressive all-around stat line for such a diminutive guard (compared to the rest of the league). He took charge of any offense he was a part of last season (24.6 percent usage rate) but he took that to another level in NBA Summer League and it piqued my curiosity. After digging deeper into the numbers, Goodwin definitely had a great summer and deserves another shot at the league.

Goodwin can be a solid secondary playmaker at the NBA level

You can look at Brandon Goodwin’s numbers at any level of basketball and see that he is clearly a capable passer. Over the 2019-20 NBA Las Vegas Summer League, he showcased that not only has he improved his ability to hit the open man, but he has also learned not to force passes he simply can’t make at his size

More aggression as a (perimeter) scorer

For a player whose value in the NBA will be tied to his ability to score in bunches, Goodwin wasn’t committing nearly hard enough to a shoot-first mentality in Summer League. That wasn’t a problem for Goodwin over the course of the 2019-20 Summer League.  [He shot 30% from 3pt range]

Getting to the charity stripe

[He had a high free throw rate in Summer League.]

• Like 1

• Premium Member
55 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

He ain't getting more minutes than Turner at PG. So we shall see.

I'm looking for Turner and Crabbe to get plentiful minutes on the chance one or both can be marketed for a trade deadline deal.

Then, assuming we could move Turner, the two-way PG would be signed to a minimum contract for the balance of the year... similar to Adams

• Like 1

Just now, sturt said:

This almost certainly means Shaun's let Colonel know he's crossed ATL off the list of potential places to land.

I think so. Probably not personal. Shaun has been on the west coast as a permanent resident for quite some time; not to mention playing for championships.

• Moderators

If there was any doubt left, I am now 100% certain that Schlenk has no interest in us improving our record this season except through the draft and player development.  I think he wants one more dip in the lottery.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

If there was any doubt left, I am now 100% certain that Schlenk has no interest in us improving our record this season except through the draft and player development.  I think he wants one more dip in the lottery.

I said this 3 weeks ago and you got mad at me for saying it!  It is shocking that he went this route.  I hope he knows what he's doing.  I just pray his core doesn't get use to accepting losing.

Colonel Schlank signs a 3rd string PG to a 2-way contract and y’all got us back in the lottery. Because 3rd string PGs have always been the difference in 29 and 42 wins. PSH!

• Haha 2