• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Same Ole Falcons 2019

PSSSHHHRRR87

• Moderators
Just now, Thomas said:

You stated you saw the Falcons won the game on Twitter.

I saw that (hilarious) comment on Twitter.   But not matter how satisfying the wins I don't like the possibility that Quinn could still be our head coach next year because we 'finished strong'.   We've gotten worse every season.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I saw that (hilarious) comment on Twitter.   But not matter how satisfying the wins I don't like the possibility that Quinn could still be our head coach next year because we 'finished strong'.   We've gotten worse every season.

Not disagreeing with that. Quinn's lifeline I believe was dependent on taking over the defense which failed badly and his assistants somehow rectified a good bit of it. Don't see how Quinn stays after those points are examined at the end of the season. Am not Blank though but think he will move on for those obvious reasons. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Quinn will be our HC next season.  He still has the backing of Arthur.  I mean look how long he's been loyal to Dimitroff and how long Mike Smith was here.

32 minutes ago, Thomas said:

sarcasm on our win by some

Not me. I was genuine. I hate the Niners. They are overrated and will hopefully get taken down by Russell Wilson, although I’m kind of tired of that dude too 😆 prolly cuz he’s not the Lions QB and he seems like he has a thing for winning. He reminds me of Trae actually. Just an undersized dude with heart 💜 for days.

ps They owners are too frickin loyal to their coaches. 

Detroit- Forget the loyalty there our owner is horrid. It’s not even a coach thing. It trickles down and we will suck forever with the Fords. I’m actually debating switching teams no joke. I’ve put in my 31 years of loyalty. The default team would be the Falcons. I mean, they are the sibling Hawk/Braves it only makes sense. Anyways I have my foot 🦶 halfway out the door. I never even said that during our 0-16 campaign. No 💡 at the end of the tunnel. 

Cowboys- weird owner/coach relationship. Garrett shoulda be fired about 7 years ago.

Falcons- So they are keeping Quinn? Maybe I’ll pick another team 😊 They can’t keep him. Ugh 🤢 

@Thomas any suggestions for stable franchises in the NFL who make reasonable smart decisions? I’m a fan FA soon.

• Like 2

Do see the fear here. Blank said fix the O-line and when Lindstrom actually played we look pretty legit even with that chump Wes at LG. The rookie from Washington at RT is a slowly progressing project though drafted too high. Think that there is maybe more safety for Dimitroff than Quinn because he did exactly what Blank wanted after all those sacks on Ryan last season (43 of them I think). So Blank's trigger is "The Joker is Wild" right now but do see the severe problems folks are worried about.   

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

@Thomas any suggestions for stable franchises in the NFL who make reasonable smart decisions? I’m a fan FA soon.

Steelers are a weird example to me but I like that they honor a contract and discipline when warranted, pretty or not. Kinda stuff that doesn't really win SB games because look at the Patriots and the shit they pull and just don't care about the penalties of it all. Snowplows are the comical part but of course there is so much more. Done ranting now. To your real question....never been a Raven fan but Lamar has sold me big time, love the guy, fun as heck....KC and Mahommes, enough said there....Aaron Rodgers gets good and bad press, he is a fraking winner to me, fun to watch. Got me some teams plus the Falcons you know.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Not me. I was genuine. I hate the Niners.

The only time I remember pulling for the Niners was when they knocked the Cowboys off their enduring pedestal. Montana to Clark. Crazy clutch stuff.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Steelers are a weird example to me but I like that they honor a contract and discipline when warranted, pretty or not. Kinda stuff that doesn't really win SB games because look at the Patriots and the shit they pull and just don't care about the penalties of it all. Snowplows are the comical part but of course there is so much more. Done ranting now. To your real question....never been a Raven fan but Lamar has sold me big time, love the guy, fun as heck....KC and Mahommes, enough said there....Aaron Rodgers gets good and bad press, he is a fraking winner to me, fun to watch. Got me some teams plus the Falcons you know.  

That’s a solid list. Almost became a Steelers fan back in the day when they had Rod Woodson before I went Barry and the 🦁. Cowher..Tomlin. Always liked a lot of their guys too from Greg Lloyd to Joey Porter. Very stable and successful franchise.

KC & Ravens are crazy fun to watch and Mahomes and Lamar are definitely the future. I thought maybe Mahomes was THE guy but I’m thinking Lamar now.

Falcons- Again...sibling and I almost went trifecta in 1990 and just went all ATL but held on to Barry Sanders. Deion, to Rison..to Jamal Anderson. I’ve always kept a close eye. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Steelers

I liken them to the Heat of the NBA. A military no nonsense approach. I know it doesn’t work for the personality of players today but I kinda dig it. I keep thinking we are getting that soon with Lloyd and our young guns 💪🏾.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

That’s a solid list. Almost became a Steelers fan back in the day when they had Rod Woodson before I went Barry and the 🦁. Cowher..Tomlin. Always liked a lot of their guys too from Greg Lloyd to Joey Porter. Very stable and successful franchise.

KC & Ravens are crazy fun to watch and Mahomes and Lamar are definitely the future. I thought maybe Mahomes was THE guy but I’m thinking Lamar now.

Falcons- Again...sibling and I almost went trifecta in 1990 and just went all ATL but held on to Barry Sanders. Deion, to Rison..to Jamal Anderson. I’ve always kept a close eye. 

OK, agree with all of that a lot....of course Barry was just a damn gymnast as well as a running back so just great fun to witness, often just incredible. Thought I should add to the list...though inconsistent...Watson for the Texans can pretty much blow my mind often so he is a lot of fun as well at QB. So now its your turn unless I scooped them all up. By the way did you see any clips from the end of the Raider's last game. Jeepers man what a shit fest.

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Watson for the Texans

I don’t dig on Watson as much. He reminds me of Cam Newton a bit. Oh man that Raiders thing was sad 😞 and I’m not even a fan. 🤦‍♀️ Although at the same time the fans do have a right to be angry. Then it makes me think, if they get to be angry having won titles, why can’t us Hawks fans being 😜 angry 😠? 😆 

• Sad 1

• Moderators

I was a Niners fan back when I was a kid because I idolized Steve Young and Jerry Rice.  I even dressed up as a Niners player for Halloween one year... helmet, jersey, football, pads, and all... then I realized that Atlanta had a team and I'll always support my city.

23 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Oh man that Raiders thing was sad 😞 and I’m not even a fan.

Couple of years from now it may be even sadder for some individual Raiders. You know those gambling debts and all. Knee injuries don't always occur on the field of play I have heard. Yeah, I love those Scorsese flicks you know. Anyway, overall it just seems like such a bizarre move to me for them.

• Thanks 1

On 12/17/2019 at 12:59 PM, Spud2nique said:

So I received a letter from the Lions 🦁 

Its kinda funny 😄 and sad 😢 all at once. I may seriously be looking into that switch @Thomas. 🤦‍♀️ 

https://www.detroitlions.com/news/open-letter-martha-firestone-ford-rod-wood-sheila-ford-hamp?fbclid=IwAR201YKFyPiEK-ybklioKnqqlwDKpxXg8p5N4u9svto1tWwEBlf49nrES_U

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

So I received a letter from the Lions 🦁 

Its kinda funny 😄 and sad 😢 all at once. I may seriously be looking into that switch @Thomas. 🤦‍♀️ 

https://www.detroitlions.com/news/open-letter-martha-firestone-ford-rod-wood-sheila-ford-hamp?fbclid=IwAR201YKFyPiEK-ybklioKnqqlwDKpxXg8p5N4u9svto1tWwEBlf49nrES_U

And yet I do believe everyone was retained. Is that correct? Pretty sure the GM and your Coach are for sure. Patricia sorta in a way reminds me of Quinn in that you "Need to know your limitations". Both DC material at some level but tried to swim the English Channel. Stuff does indeed sink. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Thomas said:

And yet I do believe everyone was retained. Is that correct? Pretty sure the GM and your Coach are for sure. Patricia sorta in a way reminds me of Quinn in that you "Need to know your limitations". Both DC material at some level but tried to swim the English Channel. Stuff does indeed sink. 

Everyone was retained. We have 2 more games to go and already got the letter I was expecting in two weeks. 😃 Patricia...Stafford... 😩 Ya..

Yes Patricia is like Quinn in a lot of ways that’s why I was hoping you guys would fire your coach too. These situations can’t end well.

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Everyone was retained. We have 2 more games to go and already got the letter I was expecting in two weeks. 😃 Patricia...Stafford... 😩 Ya..

Yes Patricia is like Quinn in a lot of ways that’s why I was hoping you guys would fire your coach too. These situations can’t end well.

Your parallel universe is our parallel universe. Weird. Super Bowl DC coaches that left their realm of comfort. Would they do it again with some 20/20? Testosterone has no sanity don't think. So yeah they foolishly would am thinking.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Your parallel universe is our parallel universe. Weird. Super Bowl DC coaches that left their realm of comfort. Would they do it again with some 20/20? Testosterone has no sanity don't think. So yeah they foolishly they would am thinking.

Oh ya. 10 times over. I think we are the top 3 dumbest teams out there over the last 30 years or so. The Browns are there with us... Miami is knocking hard. 

• Sad 1