• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Same Ole Falcons 2019

PSSSHHHRRR87

So am assuming that when we play the Jags on Sunday Magnum P.I. will indeed be playing qb for them? If nothing else (meaning there is not a very high ceiling for Minshew don't think) believe he will help make it an entertaining three hours anyway. Have seen him bounce around the backfield like there is no playbook and still complete a clutch pass a few times but really would be pretty surprised if he has a starter's career long term.  

So Devonta is forcing me to eat some crow right now. Has scored two touchdowns and actually had a big back side block for a long Ryan pass to Hooper in the first quarter. Good job. I will stop complementing because it probably would be jinxing the Falcons.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Thomas said:

Devonta

Up down I’m not sure what kind of a season he had I just know that I like it and I like that style of running back. He’s aggressive and he hits holes hard and runs through people. Contracts aside, I like this guy as a football 🏈 player a lot.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Up down I’m not sure what kind of a season he had I just know that I like it and I like that style of running back. He’s aggressive and he hits holes hard and runs through people. Contracts aside, I like this guy as a football 🏈 player a lot.

Blank's homerism might keep that contract next year but personally I would be comfortable with so much less money and still have Ito, Hill and Ollison. Ollison is indeed our third and one or third and goal back now. Hill showed again yesterday that he is tough breaking through between the tackles and is faster outside than I had thought before. Liked him the little we saw of him last year. We will know either way next summer about Devonta's status.

• Like 2

Well they are both back. Quinn and Dimitroff. Ugh. Am fairly OK with Morris coming back on the defensive side just not sure about him running the entire DC position. We will see how he does. He was calling just the third down plays from my understanding but has been a part of that 5-2 record doing that.

Arthur M. Blank, Atlanta Falcons owner and chairman, announced on Thursday that general manager Thomas Dimitroff and head coach Dan Quinn have been retained and will both now report directly to Falcons President and CEO Rich McKay. Blank will retain oversight of the football operation, with McKay reporting directly to him on all football matters. Additionally, Raheem Morris has been named Falcons defensive coordinator, effective at the conclusion of the 2019 season.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Like a few have said before....Blank needs to stay up in that Falcon's suite of his and not mingle on the sidelines. Clouds his judgement am thinking.

I agree. Us Hawks fans have experience with owners who want to be active from the top down and how it affects the players, coaches, and fans. Ressler has been a great owner for the Hawks so far and big part of that is because we only hear from him when things are going terribly. He's also in a position to make the tough decisions because he keeps it business.

Owners just need to stay in their suites and pay the bills. It's cool for the camera to pan over during the game and see the owner happy or upset, but that's all the fans need to see or hear from them. Let people do their jobs and hold them accountable when they don't. I like that the Falcons have this family environment and the whole "Brotherhood" thing, but the Pats have the opposite of this culture and have won six Super Bowls, so maybe there needs to be less friendly and more bidness in Flowery Branch. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Owners just need to stay in their suites and pay the bills. It's cool for the camera to pan over during the game and see the owner happy or upset, but that's all the fans need to see or hear from them.

Perfectly stated.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 12/18/2019 at 6:12 PM, Thomas said:

Your parallel universe is our parallel universe. Weird. Super Bowl DC coaches that left their realm of comfort. Would they do it again with some 20/20? Testosterone has no sanity don't think. So yeah they foolishly would am thinking.

Make it parallel universe to parallel universe to parallel universe. The resemblance of the Broncos season to the Falcons is uncanny.. the similarity also in that they are playing well to end a season in which many of the fans thought their franchises would tank.

• Like 2

The Lions 🦁 are the stupidest franchise to ever exist. How do you suck all year and show up on the last day. Martha Ford, Aaron Rodgers, I take my 🧢 off to you. Tremendous owner and GM tandem. Rodgers is laying down and ensuring we get a worse draft pick and keeping us down for the next 5 years. 

Great job guys! 🙌 🥳 

Hawks front office >>>> 🦁 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, turnermx said:

Well, Falcons finish off the Bucs in OT 28-22 to go 7-9 for the season.  Where does that put them in the draft?

Assuming still up for grabs with other results coming in. Good luck!

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

The Lions 🦁 are the stupidest franchise to ever exist. How do you suck all year and show up on the last day. Martha Ford, Aaron Rodgers, I take my 🧢 off to you. Tremendous owner and GM tandem. Rodgers is laying down and ensuring we get a worse draft pick and keeping us down for the next 5 years. 

Great job guys! 🙌 🥳 

Hawks front office >>>> 🦁 

Yessss phew 😅 we did our part. Let’s go Skins!!!!

• Like 2

Think maybe Quinn paid off the Buc's kicker to throw this game so Blank can give coach that pat of confidence on the back. Money talks you know. I understand it affects our draft status but seeing Crab Legs choke in overtime is really warm and fuzzy stuff for me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
58 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Think maybe Quinn paid off the Buc's kicker to throw this game so Blank can give coach that pat of confidence on the back. Money talks you know. I understand it affects our draft status but seeing Crab Legs choke in overtime is really warm and fuzzy stuff for me. 

:laugh1: Crab Legs...this will never get old.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2