• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Series: How Good Could John Collins Be?

Diesel

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

No one said that he is soft... just that he gets beaten up and push around due to his slender frame.

So he isn't a center!  Duhhh!  Get an enforcer to play along side of him.  Isn't that the simple solution?

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

No one said that he is soft... just that he gets beaten up and push around due to his slender frame.

I'm sure someone called him soft in the Knicks game thread.

Besides, John still hasn't gotten his man strength yet. He's still growing into his body.

• Like 4

Randle, doing his King James impersonation, tried, and, for the most part, successfully made all the Hawks look kinda week.  I don't know if anyone else noticed.  

Dead man walking helped and, Capela, when he gets to play, will shore up our weakest spot.

:sun:

• Like 4

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

So he isn't a center!  Duhhh!  Get an enforcer to play along side of him.  Isn't that the simple solution?

...we said those exact words about Horford for years.  We signed Milsap to be the "bruiser" as he went on to shoot a career-high in threes. Point is playing style and strategy has a lot more to do with it than just personnel. Collins's game is rebounds and attacking the basket, so he's gonna take a beating.

Schlenk traded for Capela and Ded, so that should limit the abuse that Collins takes, but the man will have to deal with Randle-types at PF and needs to beef up or have a short career.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm sure someone called him soft in the Knicks game thread.

Besides, John still hasn't gotten his man strength yet. He's still growing into his body.

My brother is built like Collins and weighs the same as he did when he graduated high school... 12 years ago. Some people have high metabolisms and are built to be lean. No matter how hard my bro tries to gain weight, he loses it just as quickly.

• Premium Member
46 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

...we said those exact words about Horford for years.  We signed Milsap to be the "bruiser" as he went on to shoot a career-high in threes. Point is playing style and strategy has a lot more to do with it than just personnel. Collins's game is rebounds and attacking the basket, so he's gonna take a beating.

Schlenk traded for Capela and Ded, so that should limit the abuse that Collins takes, but the man will have to deal with Randle-types at PF and needs to beef up or have a short career.

My brother is built like Collins and weighs the same as he did when he graduated high school... 12 years ago. Some people have high metabolisms and are built to be lean. No matter how hard my bro tries to gain weight, he loses it just as quickly.

There's a difference between weight and strength.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I will say Collins looks a little skinnier than at the start of the season.  I don't know if it's related to his supplements or not.  All i do know is he's absolutely ballin out there and should keep doing whatever he's doing now.  

Thought JC looked skinner to start this season than he did the end of last season really. Was surprised then and of course even more surprised a couple of weeks later.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2