• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let 2020 FA speculation begin! Jaylen Brown comes home???

sturt

He’s one of my fav guys and a Cal guy I saw play live. I always wanted Kawhi and him to be a Hawk (and Stanley Johnson.. oops 😬).

Having said that, we now seem to have a deep roster of our own. 

I will put this out there. If some of you Bruno fans really believe in his defense, can you imagine our wing defenders consisting of with him at center swatting things.

Jaylen/Hunter/Cam

Bruno

All coaches by our D guru Lloyd.

I’ll leave the door open on this one.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Since we're talking 2020 FA speculation......

Pascal Siakam can be a star or trade chip for the Raptors. Which will it be?

Siakam is full of possibility, in Toronto or elsewhere.

The Atlanta Hawks could be a very aggressive suitor, too.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2019/9/24/20880730/pascal-siakam-trade-rumors-toronto-raptors-rebuild-contract-extension

What would it mean for Collins? since Pascal is a PF. JC moves to Center?  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2019/9/24/20880730/pascal-siakam-trade-rumors-toronto-raptors-rebuild-contract-extension

I'll be curious to see how he plays this year now that he's at the top of scouting reports.  I'm eggspecting a dip from him unless he's put in massive offseason work.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Not a FA but trade idea....

Batum has $27 mil left on his deal in 2020/2021. 

Making this trade would drop our potential capspace for the 2020 offseason from $70 mil to $43 mil.(still enough for a max deal if someone wants/deserves it from us).

Batum is still a serviceable player, more so than Parsons. He can be a playmaking PF, 35% from 3 last year. 

For a very lightly protected future 1st from Charlotte (for 3 years), I'd seriously think about this deal.

• Like 3

• Moderators
11 hours ago, sturt said:

Why do we need another 6'7" wing player? We don't need Brown. If anything, we need a couple PF/C for the bench and a veteran backup PG. I'd be interested in stealing Drummond and moving Len to the bench.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

For my part, not advocating anything, just noting that the 2020 FA speculation season has already begun before training camp.... I dunno, I find that chuckle-worthy.

Truthfully, we can't even barely know what needs for the season *after* next season will be most prominent at this stage. Who might sustain some long-term injury in 2019-20, who might be underperforming or even busting, or who might be overperforming and becoming elite right before our eyes.

It's a fun but pointless discussion.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Not a FA but trade idea....

Batum has $27 mil left on his deal in 2020/2021. 

Making this trade would drop our potential capspace for the 2020 offseason from $70 mil to $43 mil.(still enough for a max deal if someone wants/deserves it from us).

Batum is still a serviceable player, more so than Parsons. He can be a playmaking PF, 35% from 3 last year. 

For a very lightly protected future 1st from Charlotte (for 3 years), I'd seriously think about this deal.

I doubt they are interested in trading a lightly protected 1st as a rebuilding team they are but they are right. This is an ideal trade partner

4 hours ago, MaceCase said:

I'm banking on the current wing crop to both collectively and individually exceed whatever Jaylen has to offer especially at whatever price he's looking for/Boston won't match.   Maybe he contracted Kyritis the last season but it sure looked liked he suffered from a lot of the same warts that we saw in Prince: trying to play at a level that exceeds his skill set. 

I don't expect that to change this season either given that Kemba has a similar score first mentality to Kyrie, he can't rely on Al feeding him for cuts to the basket anymore, and is gunning for a new deal.  He just hasn't demonstrated an ability to create offense or even dribble the ball at an average level yet still burrows his head down and charges towards the basket.

I don't think he offers anything more than Hunter whom the Hawks already spent a bit of draft capital to attain.  I'd hope Schlenk eyes a Drummond waaaaay before he looks at Brown and for nothing more than to just get a feeler on what Tatum's like....then hangs up the phone.

Ya but the Lions still beat the crap 💩 outta ur Eagles 🐦 ‘s. You know what, they don’t even deserve the 🦅, your gonna get this 🐦.

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Dime a dozen Pascal. Pass.