• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Media Day 2019

JayBirdHawk

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I love to hear Hunter was killing in the summer pickups. All I kept hearing was everyone is impressed in the organization but what does that really mean, it means you got game in the case of DeAndre

He is going to have a significant impact on our defensive metrics. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Why is it that when I see Hunter I can visualize him being an absolute dog 🐕 on superior wings in the league but I can’t see Cam doing this even though it’s been noted several times by scouting reports, media and even himself that he’s a really good defensive player? 

I don’t wanna get into metrics but isn’t Cam the longer guy too? 

Does Cam seriously defend like a Paul George? 

17 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Parsons is not 6'10, not even close. These listed heights are absolutely laughable, and media takes them as gospel. Players can literally put whatever height they want for their listed height. I give Kevin Durant props for being the only player in NBA history to make himself shorter than he actually is in his listed height, which is why he is listed at 6'9".

There have been more than a few Forwards in NBA history that listed themselves as shorter so that they wouldn't have the label of being able to play Center.  You can start with Anthony Davis who says 6'10" is the "perfect" height for him and go to Kevin Garnett who joked that he was "6'13", maybe 6'14", but not 7'"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I heard 'Dre Doh'.

My interpretation is 'Deux' as in french for #2.... as in Dre #2.:thinking: (I'm prolly wrong :laugh1:)

These Millennials!!:hehe:

I heard "Dreidel". Figured he converted.

27 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

There have been more than a few Forwards in NBA history that listed themselves as shorter so that they wouldn't have the label of being able to play Center.  You can start with Anthony Davis who says 6'10" is the "perfect" height for him and go to Kevin Garnett who joked that he was "6'13", maybe 6'14", but not 7'"

Yes youre right. KG did make his height shorter than he actually was. Does any player have an accurate listed height?

I have something to say that may shock and amaze some ... I think we need new uniforms.  Calm down, @Sothron, I'm not saying get rid of volt.

I just think our uniforms are visually ... just, meh.

That white uniform is horrible.  Looks washed out.  The red-on-white should look good but ours just doesn't.  The color doesn't 'pop' the way it should.

The black -er- granite one looks faded too.  Ashy looking.

The reds look good.  I actually do like the red one.

And, although I like volt, maybe we should've gone with gold to honor all the local teams the way the Failcons original helmet did.

What?  It's still the offseason.  What else you jerks wanna talk about?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cam was a beast in the passing lanes and playing M2M in the 2nd half of the season on D. Cam is an excellent defender in his own right but let's not compare the levels and gaps between him and Hunter at this stage. Hunter would be a redshirt junior in the NCAA and Cam would be a true sophomore 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Collins needs to grow his hair back out.

🤣 I read:

Collins needs to grow his back hair out. 

Me: 😐 what are we doing?

BTW, a lil chest hair is now in so you can start wearing ur dad’s 70’s vintage shirts again cage!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

🤣 I read:

Collins needs to grow his back hair out. 

Me: 😐 what are we doing?

BTW, a lil chest hair is now in so you can start wearing ur dad’s 70’s vintage shirts again cage!

Bro it's not called "a little chest hair", it's called "taco meat".

As in, "I'm walkin' around everyday with my taco meat hangin' out."  Translation: I got the top 3 buttons undone so's my chest hair's a-showin'

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I have something to say that may shock and amaze some ... I think we need new uniforms.  Calm down, @Sothron, I'm not saying get rid of volt.

That white uniform is horrible.  Looks washed out.  The red-on-white should look good but ours just doesn't.  The color doesn't 'pop' the way it should.

The black -er- granite one looks faded too.  Ashy looking.

The reds look good.  I actually do like the red one.

And, although I like volt, maybe we should've gone with gold to honor all the local teams the way the Failcons original helmet did.

What?  It's still the offseason.  What else you jerks wanna talk about?

Ya when we unveiled our current look I was disappointed and wanted more. The black/grey ashy ones are the best, I mean between the home white and alternate red but the whole color scheme to logo design isn’t who are are or were in my mind and it doesn’t capture the essence of you dad’s old Hawks. I want that. 

They need to get some creative people involved in this thing. We can do a whole lot better. Our current uniforms are a C- half ass effort in my opinion.

AND YES COLLINS BRING THE DAMN FLAT TOP BACK! The flat top has an iconic meaning in this city. 😊 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Bro it's not called "a little chest hair", it's called "taco meat".

As in, "I'm walkin' around everyday with my taco meat hangin' out."  Translation: I got the top 3 buttons undone so's my chest hair's a-showin'

So glad taco 🌮 Tuesday was yesterday. I can’t imagine eating that for at least another 6 days now. 😐 

I feel bad for the dudes that got their taco 🌮 hair lab 🔬 lasered, now when it’s in, they got nuttin! 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I like that @kg01 thinks that this is the kg post that will shock and amaze Squawkers.  :no:

• Haha 2

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Whaaa?  I think, if you really look at things, not much of what I say is outrageous.

Look at it this way.  Asking to spiff up the uniforms doesn’t make a top 10 list of “most shocking Squawk posts” in any given week!