• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Preseason Game #4: Hawks at kNicks 10/16/19

JayBirdHawk

Could it be that Huerter is injured - hurting more than we've been led to believe?  I wasn't worried about him at first.  Now I am.  Seems that he's not going to be well enough to play in the season opener.  Last season the Hawks lost a lot early because Collins was out with an injury.

Seems that we are in for much the same thing happening this season with Huerter.  Our second unit struggles.  Huerter being out, along with Crabbe, sure messes that unit up a lot.  How long until we're healthy? 

:ahf:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Could it be that Huerter is injured - hurting more than we've been led to believe?  I wasn't worried about him at first.  Now I am.  Seems that he's not going to be well enough to play in the season opener.  Last season the Hawks lost a lot early because Collins was out with an injury.

Seems that we are in for much the same thing happening this season with Huerter.  Our second unit struggles.  Huerter being out, along with Crabbe, sure messes that unit up a lot.  How long until we're healthy? 

We are much younger than last year. Last year, the only new starters were Collins and Trae. This year, a lot of young guys. It will take some time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

Not sure Huerter and Crabbe will improve the defense. 

37 minutes ago, AHF said:

Haven't watched enough of Crabbe to know but Huerter strikes me as having reasonable potential on D.  Held his own better there last season than I expected.

The data says Crabbe does. Kevin is unit based. He played on half of our best defensive units last year but whenever he shared the floor with Trae and John, he was a part of all of the worst ones as well. 

Kevin is our most lineup diverse player. Fits a lot of pairings. He is a lineup utilizer

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

I hope Len at least gets some serious minutes. I am tired of seeing Jones play. Pierce though is not about winning the preseason so if its Jones and Bruno for over 30 minutes again, I expect the Knicks will go off in the paint with all their bigs.

Man I want to see Huerter and Crabbe play. Of all the positions, I thought SG was our deepest.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If we don't, that's a problem.

I hear you, but I'm thinking "problem" might be a little skrong.  Losing would be mildly annoying imho.

I think the Nix are going all out in preseason games on their tour of trying to convince folks they meant to sign all these bums instead of Kyme/Durant.  They want to win more than we should, at this point.

Again, jmho.

It's not like we're the Cavs who just went out and got whupped by the Selltics minus they're top 6-7 guys.  Sexton played all game.  Love played.  Yikes.  CLE gonna stink hard this year, folks.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
59 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I get it.

I just want to see us put a complete game together, more than anything.

Limits TOs, play defense, get the 3ball going, our rookies play well, our bench look halfway defense, rebound, etc.

I agree...this shit show can't continue in the name of experimentation! No more Charlie Brown and Lucie show. Time to have a sound basketball game plan in place.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

I hope Len at least gets some serious minutes. I am tired of seeing Jones play. Pierce though is not about winning the preseason so if its Jones and Bruno for over 30 minutes again, I expect the Knicks will go off in the paint with all their bigs.

Man I want to see Huerter and Crabbe play. Of all the positions, I thought SG was our deepest.

Jones isn't a great defender, but I feel like he's better than Len. I've noticed some solid defensive possessions at least that I wouldn't expect from Len.