• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Preseason Game #4: Hawks at kNicks 10/16/19

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

First time I've seen Goodwin live.

Listed at 6-2 180lbs, but that seems awfully, awfully generous on both counts. My guesstimate goes more like 5-11, 165.

Loved his quickness, and gave me hope that he could be a real defensive pest.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, sturt said:

Sticking point, from all I ever read, is that there's a $6m price tag on keeping him for 2020-21 (team option), and an $8m QO after that.

Found these:

Bondy reported Tuesday that Knicks general manager Scott Perry gauged the Atlanta Hawks' interest in Ntilikina before the Feb. 7 trade deadline. However, Atlanta was not open to a move.

The Knicks talked to at least one team about a trade involving Ntilikina and the return of an early second-round pick prior to the NBA Draft. They also discussed deals around the return of a late first-round pick. Some teams considering Ntilikina were wary of making the trade before the draft because his $5 million salary would impact their cap space in free agency and they couldn’t be sure of what they were getting in Ntilikina.

Because he makes $5 million next season and still hasn’t proven himself durable or productive enough for a mid-lottery pick, the Knicks had entertained offers for the French point guard on draft night and at February’s trade deadline. But the offers weren’t deemed worthy of a player who is a known stout defender and still has upside as an offensive player if he can improve upon his 3-point shooting (career 30.5 percent).

• Like 1

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He's not making them 3pt shooters. They just need to be effective shooting from 3 in their limited attepts to force defenses to adjust and see them as a reluable threat, ala Dedmon.

John can't be unstoppable in the paint if Len and his man is in ther clogging it up.

Trae can't get in the paint if both Collin's and Len's defenders are in the paint.

The Trae/JC PnR/easy lob has been scouted so teams have been defending it really well. Reliable shooters on the wing creates more spacing needed for it to be effective. 

Len has struggled, Jones can't, Bruno is learning.

We'll need to see more of this from John:

Umm.........if I remember correctly Isiah Thomas had a big defensive center that played in the lane and it worked out pretty good.