• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Preseason Game #4: Hawks at kNicks 10/16/19

JayBirdHawk

2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

You have to give Trae all of the credit in the world...Here is this little guy that has to carry the offense while the other team's best defender is hounding him from the moment he touches the ball and then he get blitzed by a second guy once he crosses half court and he still out scores everyone else.  Amazing!  Toughest guy on the team!

And he’s only entering his second season..the kid is the real deal.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

It's a shame Turner and Bembry are redundant on offense. I was actually lovin the defense with both of them on the floor. 

Bembry gives me a headache. His ill timed fouls and turn overs, along with the poor shooting nights are to much of a negative for me to deal with. If he could just stop the stupid shit when things are not going well for him; he would be a solid.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Bembry gives me a headache. His ill timed fouls and turn overs, along with the poor shooting nights are to much of a negative for me to deal with. If he could just stop the stupid shit when things are not going well for him; he would be a solid.

Bembry has so many bad plays and so many good plays but his energy and effort is legit. To me, him and VC must be in the rotation 

• Like 4

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Bembry has so many bad plays and so many good plays but his energy and effort is legit. To me, him and VC must be in the rotation 

Most of his misses were layups.  There was one possession in the first half that he had three missed layups and two rebounds. I do not expect this play to continue for him. He's a hustler.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Most of his misses were layups.  There was one possession in the first half that he had three missed layups and two rebounds. I do not expect this play to continue for him. He's a hustler.

He's been blowing bunnies at the rim his entire career. Why would it stop now?

• Premium Member

I wish Pierce would quit trying to make Len and Collins 3 pt shooters.  Collins is unstoppable in the paint.  Making him a 3pt shooter takes him away from the offensive rebounds he has scored on in the past.   Just makes no sense.  Let Len stay underneath on defense and guard the basket.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Is anyone worried about John Collins?

I'm not.  He looks heavier, had the hip injury so to me dosen'tlook as 'springy' all the time, is he fully recovered?

Teams are really guarding against the Trae/JC PnR and if we keep getting nothing from the Center position it'll be a long season for him.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I wouldn't say 'worried' is the right word. Maybe, "mildly concerned".  And it's not that I think JC is going to regress, it's more that I'm just not sure I see how he's going to flourish without a 5 that can stretch the floor and provide spacing.  I'm more concerned about how Len / Jones / Fernando will impact JC than anything else. I thought Len could step in and duplicate what Dedmon did last year but he's been garbage so far for spacing. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, Cwell said:

He's been blowing bunnies at the rim his entire career. Why would it stop now?

Hey, don't kill my optimism here. I'm trying not to think about that. lol

This is a make-or-break season for Bremby. We'll be drafting a backup PG or keeping Turner if he doesn't.

• Like 1

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I'm not. He's got more talent around him now, so he's not going to get as many opportunities as he did last season. He'll get his when the opportunity arises. He had a few put backs and I believe a 3-pointer last night. I'd rather see him play stellar defense and get 8 rebs a night.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

And Reddish/Jabari. So thats 9..TUrner makes 10. 10 man rotation?

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

I wish Pierce would quit trying to make Len and Collins 3 pt shooters.  Collins is unstoppable in the paint.  Making him a 3pt shooter takes him away from the offensive rebounds he has scored on in the past.   Just makes no sense.  Let Len stay underneath on defense and guard the basket.  

He's not making them 3pt shooters. They just need to be effective shooting from 3 in their limited attepts to force defenses to adjust and see them as a reluable threat, ala Dedmon.

John can't be unstoppable in the paint if Len and his man is in ther clogging it up.

Trae can't get in the paint if both Collin's and Len's defenders are in the paint.

The Trae/JC PnR/easy lob has been scouted so teams have been defending it really well. Reliable shooters on the wing creates more spacing needed for it to be effective. 

Len has struggled, Jones can't, Bruno is learning.

We'll need to see more of this from John:

• Like 3