• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young: Sprained Ankle (Reportedly back for SA gm TUE)

NBASupes

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm not saying you didn't trash him, I'm just disagreeing with your point regarding Monday morning QBing because of Trae's injury.

He's a Hawks, I'm rooting for his success, but I still want a different back PG - Trae injury or not.

That’s fair. I’m just wondering how many viable options we had at backup point guard as far as free agency to go and get one? Surely we didn’t want to include any young players or prospects as we build for the future.

I agree though Turner isn’t the guy at pg. Not sure but in the predictions of players who play fewest minutes I think I took Turner. 

I kinda want an Earl Watson type of 10 years ago to be my backup to Trae. Somebody that is solid, can get the team into sets and shoot from The perimeter. That’s it.

Oh, I wil say Earl baby Wat wasn’t my prototypical backup pg as far as outside shooting but he held his own late in his career as he got much better.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

That’s fair. I’m just wondering how many viable options we had at backup point guard as far as free agency to go and get one? Surely we didn’t want to include any young players or prospects as we build for the future.

I agree though Turner isn’t the guy at pg. Not sure but in the predictions of players who play fewest minutes I think I took Turner. 

I kinda want an Earl Watson type of 10 years ago to be my backup to Trae. Somebody that is solid, can get the team into sets and shoot from The perimeter. That’s it.

Oh, I wil say Earl baby Wat wasn’t my prototypical backup pg as far as outside shooting but he held his own late in his career as he got much better.

We shoulda kept Isaiah Taylor. 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

It’s easy to play Monday morning QB soth Comon now. And how do the Nuggs lose to the Mavs. Damnit Soth have a talk with ur boy Yolk!

Mavs are much better.  Nuggs are not that good.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Stahhhhp it. Ur better than that and the Nuggs would kill the Mavs. Mavs are fluff. Wonder boy 👦 going down!

Im just spelling out the Mavs won IN Denver 109-106.   I don't like the Mavs or their stupid owner.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Could it be - - Maybe - - That the Hawks have found a gem in the rough to be our back up PG?  With the peak preview that we've had, Wallace looked pretty good.  And, he's already a Hawk!

Cam played PG in high school, we've been told.  Then, he played one on TV for the Hawks.  That's two chances to make good.  Maybe they split the back up minutes.  Our "other" PG was unable to go.

Growing!  Growing!  Growing!  When all our current Hawks play together long enough to really get to know each other, look out!  Get well soon to all our injured Hawks! 

:wild:

He played one on TV :laugh1:. Good one Gramps

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Could it be - - Maybe - - That the Hawks have found a gem in the rough to be our back up PG?  With the peak preview that we've had, Wallace looked pretty good.  And, he's already a Hawk!

Agree, think his defense gives him some extra room on the roster because he can play both guard spots on the defensive end. Like that Wallace kid a lot.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FrankWhite said:

I’m always amazed ESPN employs Zach Lowe. Someone who understands the game and evaluates players objectively? A true unicorn in Bristol.

He is the best NBA writer, no doubt. Most just give predictable analysis, or sanctimonious diatribes on some controversy du jour. Lowe actually talks about on the court subtleties. 

• Like 3