• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do you think this garbage ass team would be better with Luka?

NBASupes

3 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Yes.  Luka is going to be that generational star for years to come.  He is on another level.   Plus he has competent coaching.  We are a dumpster fire top to bottom.  

See..This is true and wasn’t what I was trying to dispute when his jock riders came out of nowhere to defend him. What I’m saying is his fan boys over at 2K are jumping the gun rating him at a level typically reserved for guys who are more PROVEN superstars. I actually watch Luka and he is very nice and the way he plays literally remind me of the snippets of Larry Bird I’ve seen. How he creates space and the level of confidence he plays with is absolutely surreal. But what is saying after 2 months is that he’s a Top 3 player in the league and he isn’t.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Rick Carlisle aka Jim Carrey yes. He’s a top 5 or 6 coach for sure. Adelman was a good one with the Blazers for sure too.

Carlisle is better than Pop IMO. Didn’t he knock off the “Bad Guy” Heat their first year with old ass Dirk and old ass JT ?

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Trae is by faaaaaaarrrr the better passer and it’s not even close. Passing savant my a$$. Take ur Luka love to the 🗑. 

I usually try to ignore your Luka love but not when you spout out bullshit. That’s when I gotta call you out and put you in your place right quick.

Trae is not a far better passer. Trae's passing might have more flair with the nutmegs and such, but as far as effectiveness goes Luka's passing is excellent. He makes the right read consistently, like LeBron. Trae does not elavate his team enough, he didn't at Oklahoma and he hasn't in the pros. Luka had a 15 assist game last night in just 30 minutes. His third 15 assist game this year. Trae hasn't had a single game with 15 assists or more this season.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Yes.  Luka is going to be that generational star for years to come.  He is on another level.   Plus he has competent coaching.  We are a dumpster fire top to bottom.  

The Mavs have consistently played well without him both of his 2 seasons and much better without him his rookie year whereas the Hawks are much worse without Trae this season (they lost one game without him last season), the Mavs are just a well coached team of veteran players that can all still play at a high level.  Trae has no veteran support this year and weak veteran support last year.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I think Trae thinks he has to carry the team in scoring.   I think if the Hawks actually ran screens for Hunter, Crabbe, and Huerter our offense would be much better.  We just have a free Lance offense.  We have zero post game also.  This is the coaching staff's responsibility.  

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, turnermx said:

The Mavs have consistently played well without him both of his 2 seasons and much better without him his rookie year whereas the Hawks are much worse without Trae this season (they lost one game without him last season), the Mavs are just a well coached team of veteran players that can all still play at a high level.  Trae has no veteran support this year and weak veteran support last year.

I watched the Mavs the other night against the Spurs and there was a difference when he wasnt on the floor.  He is the focus of their offense, he makes the right passes.   I agree their coaching staff is far superior to what Trae has.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

No he isn’t. Trae is clearly better. It’s like comparing Steve Nash (Trae) and LeBron (Luka).

FTR, Someone has already de-bunked his rebounding numbers and that Mavericks team kept rolling pretty smoothly without him. 

Eye test says he’s a Top 10-ish player in the league while his numbers say he’s the best in the league.

LeBron is a better player than Steve Nash. I know it's not an apples to apples comparison, but there is evidence to suggest the Luka archetype (6-7 point forward) is more likely to succeed than the Trae archetype (6-1 point guard) over the long term. True superstars do not go 6-27, this team is crap but Trae is not getting a complete pass from me.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I don't disagree that Luka is better than Trae, the question is simple. If Luka replaced Trae and Cam right now, would this team be better in it's current state?

It's hard to answer a hypothetical question like that. It would be the Luka and JC show for sure. It's hard to go much worse than 6-27. 

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Stop being in denial.  That dude is the real deal.  Top 10 player already in the league. 

• 29 ppg
  • 10 rebs
  • 9 asst
  • 32.1 PER
  • in only 32 minutes per game

And he's only shooting 33% from 3.  If he gets to the point where he becomes a 40% 3 point shooter, he becomes literally unstoppable.

Thank you. He's clearly better than Trae. It isn't up for debate. He's also several inches taller and can play multiple positions. He plays better defense than Trae. There's no question who is better.

I love Trae Young but this is like listening to Pacers fans telling themselves Reggie Miller was better than Jordan.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Yay or Nay? 

I don't. I keep hearing we past on Luka as if Luka is LeBron and would turn this trash into contender status. 

I say Yay....How much better? Who knows. But wed be better ..Hes a much more versatile player than Trae..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, turnermx said:

Not even Lebron could win with with the same "supporting cast" around Trae or Luka. If we took Luka we also wouldn't have Cam, so we would still be in worse shape on the wing for the future.

We still had 2 picks last year even with LUka..Couldve grabbed a wing or two still..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

You'll be the last person alive to believe that. Sorry, Luka is the better player. Trae is not better at anything except three point shooting, and even in that their percentages aren't that far apart. Luka has the size and strength to negate traps and double teams, Trae does not. 

I have to agree. Sorry Trae..

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Thank you. He's clearly better than Trae. It isn't up for debate. He's also several inches taller and can play multiple positions. He plays better defense than Trae. There's no question who is better.

I love Trae Young but this is like listening to Pacers fans telling themselves Reggie Miller was better than Jordan.

Or Hawks fans saying that Dominique was better than Jordan.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Luka has 15 assist games and Trae does not.  True.  But, what does this mean?  That Luka is better than Trae?  No.  What it really means is, Luka makes a pass and his teammate scored.  Trae makes a pass and his teammate missed their shot.

Luka has better shooters to pass the ball to.  If these two swapped teams, the assists would go with them...

:stirthepot:

Beautiful post Gramps. Well stated.

• Like 1