• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020 Hawks Speculations and Musings!

JayBirdHawk

On 1/5/2020 at 6:22 PM, kg01 said:

diint.gif

No, no kg.  He was clearly hacked.  The real doubting Thomas worships the ground you walk on.

You are clearly ready for a political career kg. Got that delusional thinking and attitude thing down pat. 

• Thanks 1

The perfect storm of a off season by the Buzzard:

Draft Wiseman, I watched some of this kids three games with Memphis. I want him. Body wise, he looks like a lean and mean clone of the Admiral himself.

Sign role playing big extraordinaire Montrezel Harrell. Trade for Jrue Holiday, soak up his contract with our cap and send the Pelicans a future 1st.

We need some decent vets, this gives us two. One on the perimeter and one to do the dirty work.

Go Hawks!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Draft Wiseman, I watched some of this kids three games with Memphis. I want him. Body wise, he looks like a lean and mean clone of the Admiral himself.

Sign role playing big extraordinaire Montrezel Harrell. Trade for Jrue Holiday, soak up his contract with our cap and send the Pelicans a future 1st.

We need some decent vets, this gives us two. One on the perimeter and one to do the dirty work.

Go Hawks!

When I watched Wiseman I too saw all the possible great potential BUT this kid is so raw right now he’s a good 3-4 seasons away from making actual on court impact in my opinion.

Anthony Edwards on the other hand could have some immediate scoring impact from day 1! Especially paired along with trae sometimes on the floor.

i do like Wiseman but then there’s some things I don’t like RIGHT NOW about him that we need. One major thing that would be a concern is his willingness to get physical in the paint , he tends to shy away from it right now on whet I’ve seen.

• Like 3

Perfect offseason for me would be:

draft Wiseman, killian Hayes or RJ Hampton

sign Noel, Ibaka, Bertans or Crowder (reasonable contract, I think Bertans could be too expensive), Joe Harris.

Young/Hayes/Goodwin

Huerter/Harris/ Reddish

Hunter/Bertans/Reddish

Collins/Ibaka/Bertans

Noel/Wiseman/Fernando

13 guys with Fernando been odd man out. We could sign another 2 players to round the team. A wing and a Big. 

if we cannot land Wiseman I would be all in for Drummond

• Admin
8 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Go Hawks!

Holiday would be a great addition next to Young ... a little injury prone but he plays excellent D, good 3 point shooter, quality ball handler and distributor and plays bigger then his 6'3.  Would cost a lot to get 

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 1/12/2020 at 10:14 AM, kg01 said:

Dream off season #1: Embiid demands trade, Hawks trade their useless 2020 pick to the thirsty Sixers.

Wiseman's multiple years away.  Edwards is a dime-a-dozen prospect.  Yawn

Philly isn't trading Embiid for anything I think.  He is the foundation for that team.

• Like 3

Hawks interested in Jakob Poeltl

i_78_1d_e6_jakob-poeltl.png?w=60

Atlanta was interested in reacquiring Dedmon in a potential salary dump for Sacramento after he publicly demanded a trade from the Kings after being benched. The Hawks also expressed trade interest in Spurs center Jakob Poeltl earlier this season, Bleacher Report has learned.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Hawks interested in Jakob Poeltl

i_78_1d_e6_jakob-poeltl.png?w=60

Atlanta was interested in reacquiring Dedmon in a potential salary dump for Sacramento after he publicly demanded a trade from the Kings after being benched. The Hawks also expressed trade interest in Spurs center Jakob Poeltl earlier this season, Bleacher Report has learned.

Is this guy any good?  What is he, a poor man's sabonis?  Anybody ever seen him alive?  Why would the Spurs make him available unless he sucks wind?

These are the questions, folks.  The questions!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Is this guy any good?  What is he, a poor man's sabonis?  Anybody ever seen him alive?  Why would the Spurs make him available unless he sucks wind?

Trae can make him better than he is but he is what he is. A big 7 footer who protects the paint and has a nice little touch both with passing and around the basket. Not a good outside shooting big But neither is Drummond, Adams, etc.

He will come in here and lead us in rebounding I’ll say that. We are bad on the boards.

I do hesistate about this because Pop couldn’t make him better than what he was coming from the Raptors and that’s not a great sign.

Ah whatever lol

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Trae can make him better than he is but he is what he is. A big 7 footer who protects the paint and has a nice little touch both with passing and around the basket. Not a good outside shooting big But neither is Drummond, Adams, etc.

He will come in here and lead us in rebounding I’ll say that. We are bad on the boards.

I do hesistate about this because Pop couldn’t make him better than what he was coming from the Raptors and that’s not a great sign.

Ah whatever lol

As long as the cost isn't prohibitive, why not brang him in.  The Spurs don't let good players go though.  See one SplittingHeadache, Tiago.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

As long as the cost isn't prohibitive, why not brang him in.  The Spurs don't let good players go though.  See one SplittingHeadache, Tiago.

I’ll throw a 2nd rounder Pop’s way and he can fetch it if he wants.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

They let Bertans go for free.

We should look to see if Wiz wanna trade him.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

The only question I wanna know is....does he have better hands than Len.

We get to see him tomorrow when we play the Spurs.