• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020 Hawks Speculations and Musings!

JayBirdHawk

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Wait.  Before I click this, are we comparing him to fultz?

Click bait. Don’t do it. Every click earns that those bastards a treat for their cats 🐈...

Chris Haynes...Fultz...it’s all kitty kibble.

🐕 > 🐱 

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Wait.  Before I click this, are we comparing him to fultz?

No, the article draws data from many players, comparing how stars vs busts performed early in their rookie year. Early rookie performance level is not insignificant, and cannot be dismissed. Like anything though, it's a generality. 

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

No, the article draws data from many players, comparing how stars vs busts performed early in their rookie year. Early rookie performance level is not insignificant, and cannot be dismissed. Like anything though, it's a generality. 

I actually don't disagree with that but I also don't cap peoples development. 

Even if he ends up being lopsided as a player to the defense side of things, it wouldnt be great but it'd be fine.

I just reject people suggesting he's trash.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I'm not saying his story is written. All I'm saying is very poor numbers early in your rookie season is a more alarming sign than some are willing to admit. 

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2017/11/15/16654232/how-to-identify-an-nba-draft-bust-markelle-fultz

I actually browsed that article. These are some names. I'm sensing an over riding theme on a lot of these player archetypes. Can you guess what that is?

Nikoloz Tskitishvili, Adam Morrison, Bobby Hurley, Jonny Flynn, Chris Washburn, and Rafael Araujo. 

Tyrus Thomas, Joel Przybilla, Jonathan Bender, Rafael Araujo, Anthony Bennett, George McCloud, DeSagana Diop, Mike Sweetney, Doug Smith, Darko Milicic, Mouhamed Sene

Shawn Respert, Patrick O’Bryant, Chris Washburn, Jan Vesely, Hasheem Thabeet, Luke Jackson, Rodney White, and Nikoloz Tskitishvili.

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I actually browsed that article. These are some names. I'm sensing an over riding theme on a lot of these player archetypes. Can you guess what that is?

Nikoloz Tskitishvili, Adam Morrison, Bobby Hurley, Jonny Flynn, Chris Washburn, and Rafael Araujo. 

Tyrus Thomas, Joel Przybilla, Jonathan Bender, Rafael Araujo, Anthony Bennett, George McCloud, DeSagana Diop, Mike Sweetney, Doug Smith, Darko Milicic, Mouhamed Sene

Shawn Respert, Patrick O’Bryant, Chris Washburn, Jan Vesely, Hasheem Thabeet, Luke Jackson, Rodney White, and Nikoloz Tskitishvili.

Just a very sad list right there. My word. Names you tend to forget years after the bust. The only reason I have even thought of Hurley lately is that he coaches ASU and the Dawgs lost to them a couple of weeks ago. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Hahahaha

Kevin Love, ladies and gentlemen...

https://mobile.twitter.com/ScoutWithBryan/status/1213638332565139456

That's the IDGAF 'tude

He was trying to show ur boy how to pass the rock... 😐 Sexton dribbles 🏀 the air out...

I will say K Love needs a good dose of Lebron to shut him up a bit.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

He was trying to show ur boy how to pass the rock... 😐 Sexton dribbles 🏀 the air out...

I will say K Love needs a good dose of Lebron to shut him up a bit.

EmoLove is done with it all in Cleveland. 

Sexton is destined to be the next monta ellis

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, bleachkit said:

I'm not saying his story is written. All I'm saying is very poor numbers early in your rookie season is a more alarming sign than some are willing to admit. 

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2017/11/15/16654232/how-to-identify-an-nba-draft-bust-markelle-fultz

So let's run the numbers.  We'll look at Game Score, I'll list the average Game Score of the top 11 players drafted through their first 10 games ( seeing that Zion hasn't played any this season )

( 2nd pick ) Morant:  12.12 

( 9th ) Hachimura: 10.41

( 3rd ) Barrett: 8.74

( 7th ) White:  7.73

( 8th ) Hayes: 6.86

( 11th ) Johnson:  5.53

( 4th ) Hunter: 5.09

( 5th ) Garland:  4.34

( 6th ) Culver: 2.57

( 10th ) Reddish:  2.13

Notable average first 10 game game scores of drafted Hawks players

Young:  13.12

Collins:  9.19 ( non-lottery pick )

Horford:  8.35

Terry:  7.93

Childress: 7.77

Huerter: 5.78 ( non-lottery pick )

S. Williams:  4.33

M. Williams: 4.18

Fernando:  3.78  ( 2nd rd pick )

Law:  2.75

J. Smith: 2.61 ( non-lottery pick )

Teague:  1.96 ( non-lottery pick )

Bembry:  1.85 ( non-lottery pick )

Schröder: 1.33 ( non-lottery pick )

3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He really could.

If Sexton is the next Monta, he's going to play 10+ years in the NBA

And make no impact anywhere other than his own wallet.  Good for him, bad for Cavs.

Anyways, more news ... per Sam Amick, Kuzma is available for trade.  I got no interest but I'm sure some do. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, kg01 said:

And make no impact anywhere other than his own wallet.  Good for him, bad for Cavs.

Anyways, more news ... per Sam Amick, Kuzma is available for trade.  I got no interest but I'm sure some do. 

Looks like he came for the King and lost....lol

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Looks like he came for the King and lost....lol

Haha, yup.  Hope he fired his trainer.

7 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Monta is a classic example of a guy who should've been a 2nd option scorer, who had to take on the burden to be a #1 option scorer.  Why?  Because he was normally one of the best shot creators on his team.

He wouldn't be the first person that can actually play the game, that couldn't do enough to put his team in a winning situation.

If anything, Sexton is destined to be a Monta Ellis / Lou Williams type 6th man on a playoff level team.

As for Kuzma, he's one of the most overhyped "shooters" I've ever seen in the NBA.  He's been living off of his great shooting in the 2017 Summer League for 3 years now.  Anybody who is even thinking about trading for him, is going to get straight fool's gold.

Agree on monta/sexton.  Shld be a 6th man.

Also agree on kuzma.  His come t's about Orlando were absolutely galling.  Who TF does he think he is.  Lucky to have been drafted by LAL.   Otherwise he'd be just a guy.

• Like 1