2020 Hawks Speculations and Musings!

JayBirdHawk

1 hour ago, Vol4ever said:

Everything else...dangle?    There is nothing else.  

Oh I beg to differ mom cheri 🍯 

You can have you pick of the litter..

Bembry- Very solid defender and that stopper guy any playoff team needs to get to round 3 from round 2 or anywhere in between. 

Jabari- Good sixth man that can get in there an quick dunk his team’s way back in a game or pad the lead. Again contenders most likely.

Len- A solid backup center. Sure we might need him and we do, but anyone willing to pay more?

Damian Jones- Pat Riley might fall in love with his body and trade for him just to lead those grueling 3am Heat practices (lol every article you read the Heat’s practice takes place an hour earlier 😆).

Chandler Parsons- cap strapped teams 💰 

Allen Crabbe- see above

Few more..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Sticking by my BB guns and keeping JC and then at least give Goodwin a solid opportunity at backup point. Wouldn't want to give so much up trying to make a vet pg part of the deal at this moment. I may be overly optimistic on BG but feel his defense at the very least makes that not the case. Again, absolutely want JC here.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

Here's some Centers that would qualify (Contract ends after 20-21 season):

Drummond - Det - 28 yrs old - UFA - see rumors

Dieng - Min - 30 yrs old - UFA - yes

Adams - OKC - 28 yrs old - UFA - hell yes

Mo Bamba - Orl - 23 yrs old - RFA - don't think Orl moves him, but for the BKN pick, yes

Zach Collins - Por - 23 yrs old - RFA - PTL is moving him, but yes

Jarrett Allen - Bkn - 23 yrs old - RFA - not available, but yes

Willie Caulie-Stein - GSW - 28 yrs old - UFA - hell NO!

Any of those of interest? 

See answers above

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Beginning of the end for your (least) favorite Hawks ...

Everybody back, no need for them.

The rest of the team just needs to stay healthy.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Personally:

Trae/Cam/Hunter/ 2020 pick (ours)off the table 

Collins- I’ll listen but good offers only

Huerter- Again good offers only

Everything else...dangle.

Cam is off the table? You mean one of the least efficient offensive players in all the NBA, that Cam? Ok man, I'm sure GMs are lining up to sell the farm for Cam. Had he been drafted by Washington we would all be saying how lucky we are we didn't draft him. 

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Here's why Cam is off the table in most deals, unless it's for a legitimate, bonafide star player - he's part of the Trae trade and TS will give him every opportunity to succeed here before dumping him after 32 NBA games.

I don't propose dumping him. But odds are Cam is a bust, even with the small sample size. I hope he beats the odds, but the history of players with similar first year numbers as him is not pretty. 

1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

This is such a stupid take. I just cannot fathom being so short sided.  12 months ago Trae had very similar numbers to Cam and now he's a legit Top 5 player in the NBA at his position. 

No one knows how Cam will progress. Least of all you.

Of course I dont know. But extremely poor shooting numbers in your rookie year is strongly correlated with becoming a bust. There are exceptions of course, hopefully Cam will be one of those exceptions.