• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

5 minutes ago, thecampster said:

So I finally got the same info as you about them wiping Ball, Edwards, Wiseman from their boards as they expected them to be gone. However, the word is that even if Edwards fell to 6, they wouldn't take him as they don't see the fit. That if Ball fell to them at 6 they would take or trade (and to be clear, there is zero chance of this happening) and if Wiseman fell to them at 6 it would be because 1 or 3 of their board guys went ahead of him and they'd have a serious talk about him but even if all that happened they still would have to have a conversation about it because they question his motivation, motor and fit...I was shocked when I heard that. They also don't expect Cole Anthony to be available when they could get back into the first. They see him going 10-20.

Wiseman been wiped off the board completely based on the most recent information I've received in favor of Okongwu. He is saying a number of teams think he could be available around 10 and later. He said the comparison of his overall value has been compared to Andre Drummond. 

I haven't heard those details of the Cole Anthony, I can easily see that considering that's his expected draft range. He just told me Atlanta is targeting a number of PGs if they move back up and Anthony was one of them.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Let me pick up on Cole Anthony a second.  Usually when players go into the last weeks of the draft process, they are slotted in a 5ish pick range and most experts can nail it down to 2 or 3 spots.  Anthony is an enigma right now. Lots of teams won't even tell you their feelings about him. Some think this means he could sneak into the lottery or even fall to the end of the 1st round. There is little buzz positive or negative and one of my guys said he thinks teams are playing possum hoping he drops to them but he's heard it may just be he was overhyped. He is by far the most confusing player on the board. We've settled in that we think he's gone in the teens.

His stock reminds me of Nassir Little. Teams like him but he's behind a lot of PGs. Even some 2nd rounders. Nico Mannion has the same problem. You know which PG is projected to go lower than he likely will go. Tyrell Terry. 

1 minute ago, thecampster said:

The truth hurts like a Falcon's fourth quarter.....

There is more to Ant than just fit. He got some serious issues that might even prevent Charlotte from taking him considering how close it is to Atlanta 

Just now, NBASupes said:

There is more to Ant than just fit. He got some serious issues that might even prevent Charlotte from taking him considering how close it is to Atlanta 

Could all just be smoke screening on these guys as well. Talking them down hoping it'll help them fall to you but still.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Could all just be smoke screening on these guys as well. Talking them down hoping it'll help them fall to you but still.

Naw, the smoke screen thing is just not that common in the NBA. The NFL is a lot less trustworthy than the NBA in terms of front offices and ownership. They don't like being lied to and they can hold a grudge forever while the it's the way of life in the NFL.

29 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

His stock reminds me of Nassir Little. Teams like him but he's behind a lot of PGs. Even some 2nd rounders. Nico Mannion has the same problem. You know which PG is projected to go lower than he likely will go. Tyrell Terry. 

Terry's stock is on fire. 

Just now, bleachkit said:

Terry's stock is on fire. 

The thing is, its always been but scouts and FOs have questioned his size and the fact that he would need time size wise to transition into the NBA. Teams see the size difference and yeah, he might be that 4th PG taken which is highly coveted. Haliburton, Ball, and Hayes are the consensus top PGs. After that, teams are all over the place. Some like Lewis Jr. Some like Hampton. Some like Maxey. Some even like Mannion and think he's a lottery pick. This draft will be as interesting as one we have ever seen just based on projection. This will feel like a NFL draft more than previous classes where there was few surprises. Last year, only lottery surprises were Nassir Little falling and Cameron Johnson raising. This year, we just don't know, especially after 9. 

30 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Naw, the smoke screen thing is just not that common in the NBA. The NFL is a lot less trustworthy than the NBA in terms of front offices and ownership. They don't like being lied to and they can hold a grudge forever while the it's the way of life in the NFL.

Some of the NFL smokes screens are just laughable. Miami wanted Tua, and everyone knew it. But yet report after report came out that they wanted a tackle, might even trade up into the top 4 for a tackle. It was such an obvious shameless smokescreen. Miami was worried a team might trade up for Tua, and they wanted to be able to get him at 5. On draft day they got their wish, but the deluge of bullshit reports coming from Miami were quite comical.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
48 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I know you keep saying this but I want to know more 😄

55 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Let me pick up on Cole Anthony a second.  Usually when players go into the last weeks of the draft process, they are slotted in a 5ish pick range and most experts can nail it down to 2 or 3 spots.  Anthony is an enigma right now. Lots of teams won't even tell you their feelings about him. Some think this means he could sneak into the lottery or even fall to the end of the 1st round. There is little buzz positive or negative and one of my guys said he thinks teams are playing possum hoping he drops to them but he's heard it may just be he was overhyped. He is by far the most confusing player on the board. We've settled in that we think he's gone in the teens.

Ding, ding, ding ...

51 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

And just like that, you just crushed my soul a little bit this morning. 😔Thanks. 

So my months of telling you this same stuff had no effect.  Dang, I'm losing my touch.

51 minutes ago, thecampster said:

The truth hurts like a Falcon's fourth quarter.....

You misspelled "Failcons".  First offense is a warning.  Second offense carries a severe punishment.  You'll have to watch the first 3 quarters then turn it off, never knowing how they decided to lose it in the end but always knowing they did.  'Cause ... that's what they do.

- de facto Failcons CFO

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

46 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I know this will sound bad, and I don't mean it to. But Antman is not very bright. He went to Therrell, not exactly the hardest public high school in the world, and was failing classes. At Georgia, he would often forget plays and assignments. Basketball is actually a thinking man's game. The great ones, like Jordan, LeBron, Kobe were/are smart guys, with like an encyclopedic memory for the game. Antman ain't that. He could still become a great player, but he's not the sharpest, just keeping it real here.

• Thanks 1