• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, marco102 said:

I was joking the first time, but I'd rather have Blake Griffin than Kevin L.

Blake is 1 year younger, both players have had their share of injuries - I'd prefer neither 🤓

Blake Griffin: 2 years, $36, $38 million plus a trade bonus,+$78 million.  Games played the last 3 years 58, 75, 18 Total 151.

Kevin Love: 3 years $31, $31, $28 million, $90 million . Games played the last 3 years - 59, 22, 56 Total 137.

Player Stat Comparison:

https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&player_id2_hint=Kevin+Love&player_id2_select=Kevin+Love&player_id2=loveke01&player_id3_hint=Blake+Griffin&player_id3_select=Blake+Griffin&player_id3=griffbl01

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Blake is 1 year younger, both players have had their share of injuries - I'd prefer neither 🤓

Blake Griffin: 2 years, $36, $38 million plus a trade bonus,+$78 million.  Games played the last 3 years 58, 75, 18 Total 151.

Kevin Love: 3 years $31, $31, $28 million, $90 million . Games played the last 3 years - 59, 22, 56 Total 137.

Player Stat Comparison:

https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&player_id2_hint=Kevin+Love&player_id2_select=Kevin+Love&player_id2=loveke01&player_id3_hint=Blake+Griffin&player_id3_select=Blake+Griffin&player_id3=griffbl01

Oh I'd rather have neither too. I'm saying if you're going to swallow a posion pill, swallow the one with less money and more games played..lol  I also see Blake Griffin as a better defender than Love.

Edited by marco102

I have an Indy update

Minny wants Turner and Warren. They do not want Oladipo at all for #1 overall. Indy been extremely reluctant to trade Turner in this type of deal packaged with Warren who they want to keep. 

While Indy is strongly considering keeping Oladipo even if he walks, both LA teams, Brooklyn and Dallas are interested. I am hearing Dallas has the best pick to offer but an underwhelming trade package otherwise.

Both LA teams are willing to offer appealing trade packages. 

Brooklyn is said to have a similar package with Dallas with a slightly worse pick. 

Indy isn't the biggest fan of any of these packages which are reportedly much higher than he heard just a few weeks ago.

He doesn't know which or what Indy will choose. Indy isn't over the hill on this draft class either outside of Ball. He is hearing the Lakers have the best package but the Clippers make the most sense.

Both Brooklyn and Dallas have favorable picks but not players he said.

Indy wants Mike D'Antoni. That much is clear but Mike hasn't shown a great of interest in Indy. If Philly passing him up as well as LA, could he consider Indy? That's the question. Considering Dipo wants out as does Turner, Indy looking down more than on the way up. But Indy has some interesting pieces. Mainly Brogdon and Sabonis.

• Thanks 3

One more thing, if Doc is hired, look for a CP3 to Philly 3-way trade. There is interest in Horford from San Antonio and Golden State. Teams who can give an attractive package to OKC for Paul who due to his contract has a limited market. 

All of this rubbish that centers are dead was greatly exaggerated 

14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

One more thing, if Doc is hired, look for a CP3 to Philly 3-way trade. There is interest in Horford from San Antonio and Golden State. Teams who can give an attractive package to OKC for Paul who due to his contract has a limited market. 

All of this rubbish that centers are dead was greatly exaggerated 

They aren't dead, but they have evolved, and you can't just be a big, tall stiff anymore.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

They aren't dead, but they have evolved, and you can't just be a big, tall stiff anymore.

Exactly but this board was Horford out viciously after the Philly-BOS series. He was still out there doing his job, without Simmons, they had no shot and they needed more players considering they lost Butler and Reddick and Horford only fit Simmons and not Embiid. 

Look at it, a month or so later he's high on teams board for trades. Well coached teams too. 

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Exactly but this board was Horford out viciously after the Philly-BOS series. He was still out there doing his job, without Simmons, they had no shot and they needed more players considering they lost Butler and Reddick and Horford only fit Simmons and not Embiid. 

Look at it, a month or so later he's high on teams board for trades. Well coached teams too. 

Philly is in a tough spot. You have two stars, both of whom get hurt a lot, Simmons has no perimeter game, Embiid has a limited perimeter game. Plus are paying Harris huge money and he's just ok. Im not saying they should blow it up, but it's not an easy fix 

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

But at this stage Horford is a luxury item for contenders.   I don't want to be paying him, or anyone really, $27 million to come off the bench. 

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

But at this stage Horford is a luxury item for contenders.   I don't want to be paying him, or anyone really, $27 million to come off the bench. 

Which is why he is getting traded from Philly but in GS and SA, he would be a key player for those teams as the starting center. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
Just now, NBASupes said:

Which is why he is getting traded from Philly but in GS and SA, he would be a key player for those teams as the starting center. 

agree.  Although i think SA might be a little in denial about how good a team they really are.    Getting Horford doesn't seem like a great move for them.

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

agree.  Although i think SA might be a little in denial about how good a team they really are.    Getting Horford doesn't seem like a great move for them.

I don't think SA gives a shit about winning a title being the end all. They want to win as many games as possible and continue to develop their draft picks like Miami is doing. I'll say this because I watch the Hawks, having one of these young teams, they build a lot of bad habits in bad seasons, you don't want them to go through this too long or they don't realize what winning looks like or how hard it is or you have to work. All they see is their numbers and assume it's the organization fault, I am doing my part when there is a lot more to shit when it comes to winning teams. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

But the board was "Horford out" because of context (i.e. not wanting to pay a bench player that contract) not because folks don't think he can help us.  Important distinction.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Philly is in a tough spot. You have two stars, both of whom get hurt a lot, Simmons has no perimeter game, Embiid has a limited perimeter game. Plus are paying Harris huge money and he's just ok. Im not saying they should blow it up, but it's not an easy fix 

I don't think they are in that bad of a spot if they land CP3 and Doc figures out how to use Harris which is what's killing Philly. Since Doc got the most out of Harris, I am guessing that was a major part of his pitch. Their bench is weak as well and having all of those picks is meaningless as Doc only plays experienced ready players anyway or players with high BBIQ. He's not Brown where player development and relationships is everything and the rest comes after. Doc isn't a tactician but he's a placement genius like Kerr. When he says we don't have enough, he means it. 

Anytime you have two star talents like Ben and Embiid who can be superstars, you can figure it out. 

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't think they are in that bad of a spot if they land CP3 and Doc figures out how to use Harris which is what's killing Philly. Since Doc got the most out of Harris, I am guessing that was a major part of his pitch. Their bench is weak as well and having all of those picks is meaningless as Doc only plays experienced ready players anyway or players with high BBIQ. He's not Brown where player development and relationships is everything and the rest comes after. Doc isn't a tactician but he's a placement genius like Kerr. When he says we don't have enough, he means it. 

Anytime you have two star talents like Ben and Embiid who can be superstars, you can figure it out. 

I don't see Harris as being that key a part of their future.  He just isn't that great a player.  He has never been a guy with a major impact.  No matter what Doc does he will only be able to reach "solid contributor" level.  Very much an empty stats player, imo.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

I don't see Harris as being that key a part of their future.  He just isn't that great a player.  He has never been a guy with a major impact.  No matter what Doc does he will only be able to reach "solid contributor" level.  Very much an empty stats player, imo.

He was very much a contributor on LAC and helped with wins as well. My personally, I don't know if I too much differ from you in my general assessment of Harris but we will see. 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

He was very much a contributor on LAC and helped with wins as well. My personally, I don't know if I too much differ from you in my general assessment of Harris but we will see. 

He can be a contributor but not a difference maker.  It is an imperfect analogy but I'd say he is more like Kukoc on the Bulls championship teams with Simmons and Embiid being MJ and Pippen.  He can be an important piece of the rotation but no one will get even a little confused about who sits at the big boy table and that Harris will never sit there.  Solid but not great volume scorer who does very little other than score being a subpar defender and rebounder and total non-playmaker. 

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

So in other words, Shake MIlton, Korkmaz,and a few others might become available? lol. I wouldnt mind grabbing Korkmaz in a trade. Kid can shoot it, and only has 1 yr left on his deal..

Doc only gave Shamet minutes because he had to. lol

Edited by terrell