• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Maybe Minny can trade Embiid to GSW for #2, Wiggins 😁 and get their 2021 1st rounder back plus additional assets.

They would want a lot more for Embiid. I am thinking personally JJJ/Big Val from Memphis. Memphis signs Gallo in FA. Gives them a legit contending squad around Morant and Embiid is still very young not into his prime yet. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

when's the last time Doc coached a team that young?  maybe never.  

ORL and BOS.  The results?  He "coached" both to their franchise longest losing streaks, which is saying something especially in Boston where they've played basketball for 143 years.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

He won coach of the year with both teams. He literally took T-Mac and scrubs to the playoffs and won a title with Boston. Don't be a hater. 

Nothing I said was untrue.  My opinion is he's a bad coach with a stellar reputation.  If not for the Garnett trade, he would've been fired in Boston and this myth of him as a coach would've ended there.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, thecampster said:

Rumblings are that if Minnesota passes on Ball at 1, expect the Knicks to trade up for Ball, GS to trade down for Hayes or a project big.

Edwards is no lock at 1 either.

Wiseman is falling right now and may go as low as 8.

Okoro is starting to get more serious attention.

Interesting so the Knicks want ball??

Just now, kg01 said:

Nothing I said was untrue.  My opinion is he's a bad coach with a stellar reputation.  If not for the Garnett trade, he would've been fired in Boston and this myth of him as a coach would've ended there.

I disagree. He's a very good coach. He's just rigid. We seen very good rigid coaches before in Atlanta. 

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I disagree. He's a very good coach. He's just rigid. We seen very good rigid coaches before in Atlanta. 

If a guy's rigidity leads to failure, why should he still be considered a good coach?

I just heard a guy ask the question.  "Which LA coach has won more playoff series?  Vogel for the Lakers or Doc for the Clippers?"

Answer: Right now they're tied.  Yes, that's Lebron but how many years was Doc doing it with lob city?  It shouldn't be close enough for one playoff run to eclipse everything he's done there.

Time to start giving some new blood chances as coaches, man.  You're telling me Silas doesn't deserve a chance?  Even Cassell.  I can't stand retreads.

5 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

As a leader he is the best there is, but as an in game coach(x’s&o’s etc) he is supremely overrated.

Is he?  Because all of his teams implode due to personality issues.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Time to start giving some new blood chances as coaches, man.  You're telling me Silas doesn't deserve a chance?  Even Cassell.  I can't stand retreads.

hell yes.  We have a whole thread on 'bud isn't a good coach'.  He's taken 6/7 mostly average teams to the playoffs and 2 ECFs.   Doc has one championship and i think 1 conference finals in 20 years and those were with 3 HOFs.  D'antoni's record is much worse.   Not sure why these guys are so coveted.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

hell yes.  We have a whole thread on 'bud isn't a good coach'.  He's taken 6/7 mostly average teams to the playoffs and 2 ECFs.   Doc has one championship and i think 1 conference finals in 20 years and those were with 3 HOFs.  D'antoni's record is much worse.   Not sure why these guys are so coveted.  

Because they are the shiny hood ornament on the other side of the tracks.

7 minutes ago, High5 said:

I'm not going to say Doc is a bad coach, but he's definitely overrated. Anyone could have won a championship with those Celtics. Most probably wouldn't have needed 26 games to do it. 

This more than anything.

34 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Bud is a very good coach but this talk of him being elite has always been a massive lie. 

• Moderators
43 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Bud is a very good coach but this talk of him being elite has always been a massive lie. 

I'm only arguing that he's already being accused of not being any good yet these guys, especially d'antoni, have been floating around for 2 decades with little to show for it and everytime they wear out their welcome some fans scream for them like they are special.   

• Like 1