• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, AHF said:

Glad to see you around here again, D!  @Diesel

How good a shooter do you think Ball will be?  He shot 25% from 3pt range against sub-NBA competition.  He obviously can hit shots from really deep but you need to be able to hit them at a good % to make it work.

I don't think we'll take Ball but I'll admit I will be really intrigued to see what happens if we somehow end up with him.  

I believe that with his court vision and his ability to break down a defender going to the basket that much unlike his NBL team, we won't expect him to shoot the three ball that much.   The right coach is going to limit the amount of 3 pters he attempts until he gets them at a higher %.  That's fine though.  He still has the hesitation, the passing game, and the ability to finish strong going to the basket.  The ridiculous shooting was a 16 yr old at Chino Hills.   Since then, he's learning to grow into his grown man body.   Mechanics.. he needs work.. but so did his brother.   The things that he does really well, really takes time to learn and some players never get it. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I believe that with his court vision and his ability to break down a defender going to the basket that much unlike his NBL team, we won't expect him to shoot the three ball that much.   The right coach is going to limit the amount of 3 pters he attempts until he gets them at a higher %.  That's fine though.  He still has the hesitation, the passing game, and the ability to finish strong going to the basket.  The ridiculous shooting was a 16 yr old at Chino Hills.   Since then, he's learning to grow into his grown man body.   Mechanics.. he needs work.. but so did his brother.   The things that he does really well, really takes time to learn and some players never get it. 

His feel for the game definitely is a huge positive with both his floor and his ceiling.  My biggest question is fit with Trae.  He'll have to get more comfortable impacting the game without the ball in his hands here.  But the idea of two playmakers on the court together - especially if Ball learns to defend - is an exciting image.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

His feel for the game definitely is a huge positive with both his floor and his ceiling.  My biggest question is fit with Trae.  He'll have to get more comfortable impacting the game without the ball in his hands here.  But the idea of two playmakers on the court together - especially if Ball learns to defend - is an exciting image.

Honestly, 

I think of him as a Lebron isque player.   Not that he's Lebron... but he will be able to get triple doubles when he wants because he has so many intangibles. His size makes him a rebounding threat too.  Playing next to Trae should be a Plus. 

I've felt that Trae and Klay is the best duo.  Well, Trae and Ball could be better because you have a player who can take so much pressure off of Trae in several aspects of offense.   i.e.

Players can't easily double Trae because Ball with the Ball is trouble. 

On occassion, Trae can play Off his OG and not have to be the main ball handler. 

Honestly, having this combo would necessitate Bud Ball.   Constant Ball movement while players are moving without the ball. 

29 minutes ago, Diesel said:

He's been a streaky J.R. Smith type of shooter at every level. Idk if his shooting is that good regardless of coaching

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

He's been a streaky J.R. Smith type of shooter at every level. Idk if his shooting is that good regardless of coaching

JR Smith never had a handle, a pass, and a mind to go to the basket.

My thinking is that if you start him out next to a prolific shooter like Ice Trae, you allow him to be everything that he can be as an OG except a 3pt shooter that takes 6 3pters per game.   We don't need a return of Smoove. 

• Moderators
38 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Ok, wow, well wasn't expecting that. Welcome back @Diesel!

So what rumors are out there about us in the draft or free agency/trade front? If there was a team with assets to trade for a certain Buck it would be us...

Supes shares what he hears and can shared on the "Ask Supes" thread.  Campster has chipped in with a few things he has heard on that thread as well.

The FA thread has a lot of articles and user discussion on that front but I'd say that there hasn't been a ton of info on TS's FA targets from any source.

On 9/16/2020 at 10:24 AM, Diesel said:

I won't repost everything that Supes said in his trade post... but I will say this...

Supes said "MIL biggest need along with a legit PG who can shoot is a scoring guard who can shoot lights out and put the ball on the deck and score when teams force them to create. "

I have to kindly disagree.   I think that what he said can work but the main element for Milwaukee is:

They need a winner. Somebody who does not shrink when the pressure is on... HELLO LAC.

Giannis is great!  However, he's surrounded by a who bunch of guys who don't get it done.  Indicative of Bud Coached teams... they don't have a true leader out there.   Not everybody can lead from behind like Tim Duncan.  Milwaukee needs... Kyle Lowry. 

Get the old man in there.   Maybe Toronto bites on a trade now that Lowry is older.   I think they tried to trade him last year. 

You know who could help Milwaukee?

Dennis Schroder Talks Potential Trade Destinations?

2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

You know he could.

He already knows Bud's system. He attacks the rim as about as well as any guard in the league.  And he's not afraid of the big moment.

Mil told Giannis they were going to spend money. Dennis is about as good a scoring punch of the bench as there is in the league, better than overrated Lou Williams.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Mil told Giannis they were going to spend money. Dennis is about as good a scoring punch of the bench as there is in the league, better than overrated Lou Williams.

What money though? ...you mean they are going to make trades?

• Like 1

@NBASupes I’m genuinely curious... do you know further details about the suns trying to move Oubre/salary and/ or the 10 pick? 
1. what teams are they working on deals with?

2. Is oubre attached with the pick?

3. are there other salaries they are trying to move?

i understand they’re after FVV in a S&T with Rubio, as well as Sap and Bertans. 

are you surprised there’s nothing about Min and Pho talking to unite booker with his Plastics? I am... they could ask for #1, culver, okogie and picks it seems. But all signs point to them trying to convince booker to stay with a core of FVV, booker, sap/bertans, and Ayton. Don’t think that wins tittles...

8 hours ago, warcore said:

@NBASupes I’m genuinely curious... do you know further details about the suns trying to move Oubre/salary and/ or the 10 pick? 
1. what teams are they working on deals with?

2. Is oubre attached with the pick?

3. are there other salaries they are trying to move?

i understand they’re after FVV in a S&T with Rubio, as well as Sap and Bertans. 

are you surprised there’s nothing about Min and Pho talking to unite booker with his Plastics? I am... they could ask for #1, culver, okogie and picks it seems. But all signs point to them trying to convince booker to stay with a core of FVV, booker, sap/bertans, and Ayton. Don’t think that wins tittles...

1. Minnesota and them have been in talks about that pick and Oubre but they want PHX to take on some smaller contracts as well. PHX wants out completely of salary of Oubre. 

2. Yes but only as a pick swap and they aren't looking to drop down that far

3. Not that I am aware of as of today. Booker is as available right now as Trae Young. If you believe you got some core pieces and two superstars in Ayton and Booker, you just need to continue to get great fits and try to win it all.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, Sothron said:

Ok, wow, well wasn't expecting that. Welcome back @Diesel!

So what rumors are out there about us in the draft or free agency/trade front? If there was a team with assets to trade for a certain Buck it would be us...

I can't speak for Rumors, but I think the next progression that we should have as a franchise is to move some of our younger inexperienced talent for experienced vets.  I think Clint Capella was a good move regardless of his health.   We have identified our star player (Trae) and now we need to put some players around him that are 1.  talented or 2. knows how to win.   We shouldn't want to be in the lottery again.  Our next stop ought to be at least the 2nd round of the playoffs. That means that our targets ought to be different that what we have been passing.  We've been talking Giannis but this is not a good atmosphere for him.   We don't have a CP3 or a Kyle Lowry for him. 

In the Past, I have said Klay.   But GS won't hear that.   

However, I would love love love to get Victor Oladipo...  He could be traded for.

Or

Take a flyer on Danny Green?

or

See what's the word is about Marcus Smart. 

Finally...

Not in the same defensive class as the rest but may be a good match for Trae is Zach Levine. 

That's what I think should be next up for us instead of us fawning over another lottery pick. 

• Like 1