• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

32 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Naw, I wasn't saying that. I was saying that Rosas wants to move up from 17 and they are truly targeting #6. Atlanta has shown some interest in Culver as a name that was brought up but it's going to take a lot more than #17/Culver to get Atlanta off of #6. Especially since Atlanta doesn't want to get out of the top 10. 

Minnesota doesnt have anything I want but Beasley, and he's a RFA...

21 hours ago, Dean Walker said:

Definitely.

just imagine Trae,Lamelo,cam,jc,Capela

man that would be amazing.

Or imagine if we took Killian Hayes and staggered Collins/Capela minutes..We could pick and roll teams to death all game long...lol..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

D'Antoni is leaving the Rockets. If the Hawks ever wanted a full buy-in on all offense all the time, now is their chance. Recreate the Nash/Amare Suns that never won it all lol.

I'm sure he's going somewhere. Maybe Supes has heard some chatter.

I heard Indiana wanted him maybe...IDK how true that is though..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, capstone21 said:

Yeah, I want no part of a non defensive coach ... Houston will never win with their setup because d wins games not offense ... especially in the playoffs 

Welllll....

you need a top 12 defense to win a nba championship HOWEVER great offense has always triumphed great defense in every era including playoffs to me. Not to say defense can’t win games for you in the playoffs cause it definitely can but you’re going to run into the superstars you can’t stop defensively and your star player is going to need to match those points in crunch time and also be unstoppable despite good defense.
I’d welcome Dantoni right now cause we are just trying to GET to the playoffs but as far as actually winning big he wouldn’t be the coach for that ...the furthest he’d get us is conference finals in the future more than likely plus he’s old but the guy does know his stuff offensively that’s for sure. 

1 hour ago, JTB said:

Welllll....

you need a top 12 defense to win a nba championship HOWEVER great offense has always triumphed great defense in every era including playoffs to me. Not to say defense can’t win games for you in the playoffs cause it definitely can but you’re going to run into the superstars you can’t stop defensively and your star player is going to need to match those points in crunch time and also be unstoppable despite good defense.
I’d welcome Dantoni right now cause we are just trying to GET to the playoffs but as far as actually winning big he wouldn’t be the coach for that ...the furthest he’d get us is conference finals in the future more than likely plus he’s old but the guy does know his stuff offensively that’s for sure. 

In the situations that you are talking about, you dont just need an offensive system, but a big time shot maker with cahones.

Think about this, though. With D Antoni, he had  both the system AND the individual superstar shotmaker/playmaker in James Harden and it wasnt enough. And Harden is a much better scorer than LeBron in all facets. They still lost, because of defense and rebounding. That offense system runs wild in the regular season and against without adequate firepower to keep up. But when its time to play 1/2 court basketball, and nutt up, it takes more. And if your 3's aint falling, which happens to all of his teams at some point, you have to be be able to clamp down on the other end.

Defense trumps in the end. 

7 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

In the situations that you are talking about, you dont just need an offensive system, but a big time shot maker with cahones.

Think about this, though. With D Antoni, he had  both the system AND the individual superstar shotmaker/playmaker in James Harden and it wasnt enough. And Harden is a much better scorer than LeBron in all facets. They still lost, because of defense and rebounding. That offense system runs wild in the regular season and against without adequate firepower to keep up. But when its time to play 1/2 court basketball, and nutt up, it takes more. And if your 3's aint falling, which happens to all of his teams at some point, you have to be be able to clamp down on the other end.

Defense trumps in the end. 

Harden is one of the worst star player playoff performers I’ve ever seen including westbrick! I would not base my opinion on these two overrated former mvps.

if harden would commit to a style (Westbrook as well)...they would be far more dangerous in the playoffs but all the heavy isolation harden does never works for him when it matters. Joe Johnson was a better playoff performer than harden and Westbrook in the iso joe offense.

so no I don’t agree with the media trying to push out that harden is this all time great scorer because unlike other real all time great scorers (Jordan, wilt, Kobe, jabbar, west, lebron, etc)...hardens numbers take huge deep dives in the playoffs! He is not a real superstar player since he cannot be same player offensively in playoffs in any round. He’s really an all star player who takes a bunch of shots and has been carried by his team when he did advance in the playoffs instead of being the carrier.

also I acknowledged that you have to have a top 12 defense and we all know Dantonis teams don’t play defense so more than likely the whole system is relied on offense winning games which is why they have a system in place to launch so many 3s. It was clear at the trade deadline that Houston was not worried about defense or rebounding whatsoever.

offense wins at the end of the day because no matter how talented that team may be defensively they are not going to stop true scorers through a whole series or when it really matters. Defense still matters of course don’t get me wrong.

• Moderators
6 hours ago, JTB said:

Harden is one of the worst star player playoff performers I’ve ever seen including westbrick! I would not base my opinion on these two overrated former mvps.

if harden would commit to a style (Westbrook as well)...they would be far more dangerous in the playoffs but all the heavy isolation harden does never works for him when it matters. Joe Johnson was a better playoff performer than harden and Westbrook in the iso joe offense.

so no I don’t agree with the media trying to push out that harden is this all time great scorer because unlike other real all time great scorers (Jordan, wilt, Kobe, jabbar, west, lebron, etc)...hardens numbers take huge deep dives in the playoffs! He is not a real superstar player since he cannot be same player offensively in playoffs in any round. He’s really an all star player who takes a bunch of shots and has been carried by his team when he did advance in the playoffs instead of being the carrier.

also I acknowledged that you have to have a top 12 defense and we all know Dantonis teams don’t play defense so more than likely the whole system is relied on offense winning games which is why they have a system in place to launch so many 3s. It was clear at the trade deadline that Houston was not worried about defense or rebounding whatsoever.

offense wins at the end of the day because no matter how talented that team may be defensively they are not going to stop true scorers through a whole series or when it really matters. Defense still matters of course don’t get me wrong.

I mean we're going to blame the 30/7/5 guy who shot 50% from the field?   Dude was surrounded by mediocrity at best.  

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I mean we're going to blame the 30/7/5 guy who shot 50% from the field?   Dude was surrounded by mediocrity at best.  

Yeah but to be fair to jtb, Har_en has been bad in the playoffs prior to this year.

But, to your point, I heard a guy say something pretty sobering (for Rockets fans) about HOU.  Said stte, "Houston has invested more in getting James Har_en MVP trophies than they have in getting James Har_en championship trophies."

Their experiment did ok for them but wasn't ever going to win them a title.  Their two 'name' guys got their numbers tho and they got to the second round.  Won't make up for the tens of millions Morey lost them in China.

And I say that not as a political statement, simply a practical one.  Their owner wasn't considered a relative deep pocket guy even before COVID and the China stuff.  Right now, he's probably in dire straights (to the extent that a billionaire can be).  I wonder if that'll inform their offseason.  IIUC they're set to pay two dudes over $200 mil in the next 3 years.  For a non-contender?  Yikes

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

Supes - ask your boy about Phoenix today.

I asked my boy about Phoenix today.  He looked at me like I was an idiot.  He's 10months so ..

👶

• Haha 4