• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

23 minutes ago, terrell said:

Heard anything Supes? Or is this just BS?

"The Atlanta Hawks and The Golden State Warriors will be doing business prior to or on Draft night. A trade is looming"

That's old simmer.  It was discussed. Nothing is imminent that I'm aware of. GS is playing teams off of each other to see what interest is there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, thecampster said:

That's old simmer.  It was discussed. Nothing is imminent that I'm aware of. GS is playing teams off of each other to see what interest is there.

Any details on the parameters of the 'discussion' that you can share?

• Admin
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Asked. 

Teams who are getting knocked out the bubble aren't overrating yet including MIL. They do want to make some more moves than just moving Bledsoe. He's hearing Bledsoe's marking is okay and if MIL wanted to get rid of him for nothing, they could with no issues. They are open to bad contract/good player for Bledsoe. 

As crazy as it sounds, MIL is looking at some wild moves and not just for CP3. They are looking to add talent while not losing key talent. 

Very smart of MIL ... intrigued to see what kind of moves that can make.  Greek Freak unfollowed all the teammates and the Bucks this past weekend.  Thats kind of KD move.

2 hours ago, capstone21 said:

Greek Freak unfollowed all the teammates and the Bucks this past weekend.  Thats kind of KD move.

Word is he did that last offseason too. Unfollowed all his followers except close family. His way of unplugging from the season and shifting his focus.

I wouldnt read too deep in to that

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

GS thinks they can move Wiggins + 2 for a better fit that costs less and a trade down. Basically look for teams with greater than $10 million in functional cap space and a pick higher than 15.  They're looking for better fits and less money, not necessarily = talent.  They've had conversations with no less than 7 teams.

Good stuff

2 hours ago, thecampster said:

GS thinks they can move Wiggins + 2 for a better fit that costs less and a trade down. Basically look for teams with greater than $10 million in functional cap space and a pick higher than 15.  They're looking for better fits and less money, not necessarily = talent.  They've had conversations with no less than 7 teams.

So they’d go for a deal of Huerter + our 6th pick for Wiggins + their 2nd pick?

not that Schlenk would do that cause we’d have to eat Wiggins bad contract I’m just wondering if that’s what you mean with that statement that they really want fit for less money. If that is the case they will probably find it easily 

6 hours ago, JTB said:

So they’d go for a deal of Huerter + our 6th pick for Wiggins + their 2nd pick?

not that Schlenk would do that cause we’d have to eat Wiggins bad contract I’m just wondering if that’s what you mean with that statement that they really want fit for less money. If that is the case they will probably find it easily 

I don't think huerter gets that done but yes, they are looking for something like that.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thecampster said:

I don't think huerter gets that done but yes, they are looking for something like that.

Finding the right cheaper big wing is hard as hell. Hardly any is on the market outside of Gordon and they are targeting Ball, not anyone else. I don't know how GS can find that deal. 

• Premium Member
On 9/8/2020 at 10:45 PM, JTB said:

Is it not supposed to be in home court??? I had trouble finding it the othe day when supes said he had an update 

My understanding is that it was moved to the Senior Forum due to people from other boards copy and pasting and potentially getting Supes or Campster in trouble with their sources.  

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Finding the right cheaper big wing is hard as hell. Hardly any is on the market outside of Gordon and they are targeting Ball, not anyone else. I don't know how GS can find that deal. 

Aaron Gordon from the Magic?  Smaller, shorter contract thsn Wiggins?

Wiggins and #2 for Gordon and #15? But does Orlando want Wiggins.

21 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Aaron Gordon from the Magic?  Smaller, shorter contract thsn Wiggins?

Wiggins and #2 for Gordon and #15? But does Orlando want Wiggins.

Exactly, is Wiggins worth #2 and Gordon is the question. There is little difference between 12 and 15 to me in this draft. Top 11 is where all of the guys are to me who have very good role player potential or more.

As you've talked about previously, getting a 2021 thrown in probably gets it done on any deal. GS is overvaluing the pick right now considering the cost of picking that high in salary against their already pitiful LT situation.

Exactly, is Wiggins worth #2 and Gordon is the question. There is little difference between 12 and 15 to me in this draft. Top 11 is where all of the guys are to me who have very good role player potential or more.

Man I don't know on this. It all comes down to flexibility, the new cap/LT etc. The way I'm looking at it, they don't have any way of getting under the LT without dropping a net 15 million in Salary. Their practical cap number right now is $145 million + the pick and they'll need to add 3-5 players and the new LT will be around $130 million. If they make the judgement call they have to just dump Wiggins, they aren't holding any cards except that #2 pick. Plus the pick has a pretty big cap hit by itself. It comes down to do you want to keep Curry, Thompson, Green together or remake it. Wiggins may have to just be dumped to get any flexibility.

Okay so financially speaking for both clubs, if it was the Hawks, the only player making any sense would be Dedmon.

Basically, Dedmon out + 6 for Wiggins +2 would be a net salary change for GS of $19 million this year. But a net change of $19 million year one and $28 million year 2 for Atlanta of Wiggins and the new rookie.

If the Hawks did this kind of a deal, I would think it would require GS sending other (heavily protected) considerations and would mean Atlanta would be taking Wiseman, another center or would have one lined up in free agency.

So if you're the Hawks, you'd do it to move up to Wiseman but would lose a great deal of flexibility for the resign of Collins.

I'm not saying either team would do this but to meet the necessary financial considerations GS would be looking for, it would look something like the above.

Edited by thecampster

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Okay so financially speaking for both clubs, if it was the Hawks, they only player making any sense would be Dedmon.

Basically, Dedmon out + 6 for Wiggins +2 would be a net salary change for GS of $19 million this year. But a net change of $19 million year one and $28 million for Atlanta year 2 of Wiggins and the new rookie.

If the Hawks did this kind of a deal, I would think it would require GS sending other (heavily protected) considerations and would mean Atlanta would be taking Wiseman, another center or would have one lined up in free agency.

So if you're the Hawks, you'd do it to move up to Wiseman but would lose a great deal of flexibility for the resign of Collins.

I'm not saying either team would do this but to meet the necessary financial considerations GS would be looking for, it would look something like the above.

That would be a very good deal.

For Golden State.

Obviously money drives that type of transaction but even just from a basketball perspective I think you can't have Wiggins tying up the minutes and shots that he takes with Curry and Thompson back.  They will be a better team with more limited backups.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1