• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

1 hour ago, High5 said:

I'm not going to say Doc is a bad coach, but he's definitely overrated. Anyone could have won a championship with those Celtics. Most probably wouldn't have needed 26 games to do it. 

C'mon High5, you can do it.  Just say he's a bad coach.  You know you want to. 😏

Remember what our 07 team did to that supposed HOF bunch?  If we could win a road game they would've been out in round 1.  He had no answers for JoeJohn or *gasp* Josh Smith.

Remember the next year when that same HOF bunch had the Heatles on the ropes and they let Lebron go off facing elimination.

Remember what the Harden-less Rockets did to his lob city team?  Again led by his arch nemesis Lebron -er- I mean, Josh Smith?

Guy's blown 3-1 series leads twice!  Once is unheard of. He's done it for two different franchises.

And teams keep hiring him.  Galls me.

ETA: How many more times do we need to see his teams fall flat on their faces before we say, "Ya know, I think I'm gonna go in a different direction."

Edited by kg01
  • Like 1

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'm only arguing that he's already being accused of not being any good yet these guys, especially d'antoni, have been floating around for 2 decades with little to show for it and everytime they wear out their welcome some fans scream for them like they are special.   

Bud would be received similar to D'Antoni by a new fan base, imo.  Easily find a new job and there would be excitement at the hiring.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

IMO, this is the most impressive coaching season for Doc for me:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/ORL/2000.html

I had no clue how he got this team to avoid a losing record.  Really impressive.  

He's an excellent coach at putting players in their best position to succeed. That's why he is so valuable. 

Bud is an excellent tactician.

He's a very good coach but like so many very good coaches, the pathway to elite might be out of his realm. 

There is only one elite coach in the NBA. That's Pop's. Everyone else is preference based. 

• Like 1

Rick Carlisle might be the only other coach who's in a different tier even if he's not elite like Pop.

Everyone else very good, good, solid, average, below average and bad. 

I rarely seen many bad coaches in the NBA. Most are at least below average. 

Lon Kruger is the worst coach I've seen in Atlanta but considering he's a good coach in college, I felt it was just a bad situation when he was with the Hawks. Terry Stotts impressed me in Atlanta. I felt he had potential to be a very good coach. I feel the same way about LP. 

Woody was always going to be an elite assistant who's an decent at best HC. He was so limited but for what he was good at, he was elite at. 

LD is another career assistant. He was decent as well. Really liked his system. He just didn't have the chops a HC needs or the creativity. 

I like a lot of HC today more than years past. You got a lot of talented guys. 

• Like 2

FYI, if Washington trades Beal, no one will see it coming so don't bother to ask because he's not available and when he is, it will be under complete silence. Most of the teams probably will wish they even knew he was available like KP. Just the way it is with some teams.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

FYI, if Washington trades Beal, no one will see it coming so don't bother to ask because he's not available and when he is, it will be under complete silence. Most of the teams probably will wish they even knew he was available like KP. Just the way it is with some teams.

I don't know what to make of this. I'm gonna be asking about Beal all the time now... you shoulda never said anything. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Those rumblings are on deaf ears. It seems MIN is drafting Ball regardless because his trade value is by far the highest. This might be the Wiggins pick of this draft where Ball might be a Wolves on paper but might start the season elsewhere. 

Edwards isn't going in the top 2. GS is a major lean for Deni. They really have decided that's their guy. I found out today that they are trying to do a deal where they trade MIN 1st 2021, Wiggins for Turner and Oladipo. They really want Turner a lot more than they want Warren or Oladipo. It seems like they will probably meet half way where it's Turner and neither one of these guys but it's likely they will take Deni. They like him a lot and sold on his fit with the squad. Edwards is the guy teams are over the place on. I am hearing his sweet spot is 5. No one knows what Charlotte will do at #3. 

Chicago has been said to be a PG lean if Deni is not available. Hayes and Haliburton are their top guys. He mentioned there is some interest in Maxey. 

Cleveland is a major Okoro lean. There is also thought this is where Edwards could fall at the lowest. 

Atlanta is said to be the most gettable piece but very costly. He was told that it's too expensive for this draft. That's been said a lot. Everyone wants where they want to go to be cheap but the other team to be expensive. He said Atlanta is an Okoro lean

DET has been said to be a PG lean. 

NY has been a BPA for Thibs system. Okongwu is the guy most projected here. If NY moves up, it's expected that Okoro is the target. 

WAS has been a center lean. This is Wiseman's draft floor. 

PHX has been stated to be a Jalen Smith lean. 

Other news: 

Atlanta is planning on targeting Jae Crowder, KCP, Goran Dragic and their own FA's in Jeff Teague and Skal. Obviously Atlanta has previously mention interest in both Joe Harris and Davis Bertrans who appear as less likely targets. Atlanta wants to add a couple key vets with winning experience. Especially championship or NBA Finals experience. They are targeting similar players for trade if the price is right. 

Charlotte and Cleveland are considering spending in FA as well as trades. They are open to deals that help them win games. Cleveland even wants to add an MLE player. Every team has been said to trying to win in 2020-21 and not tank. 

Are these the only FA's we're targeting, or just the ones left in the bubble?

24 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We have 8 guaranteed contracts.  but it's still hard to say  - we might fill 1 or 2 roster spots via trade.

Im thinking Skal is a lock..Schlenk supposedly loves him..So that makes 9. lol...That leaves us with 4 more active players to sign, and 2 G-Leagers  right?  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Not to mention 2 draft picks

Jeff and Skal as well. 

And Brandon Goodwin

So for now we have: 8 + 3 of our own possible FAs = 11 plus 2 picks (#6 and #50) = 13 plus 2 FAs = 15 plus 2 GLers = 17

PG: Trae, Teague, Goodwin, #50 (2way)

SG: Huerter, Reddish, FA

SF: Hunter, #6, FA, FA (2-way)

PF: Collins, Skal, FA

C - Capela, Dedmon, Bruno

We usually leave 1 roster spot open to start the season.

• Thanks 1