Ask Supes

NBASupes

15 minutes ago, terrell said:

Really? Based off of what?  I dont get to see the Nets that much. But Ive heard Kyrie say some weird shiizz..lol

Dinwiddie has said some similar, odd stuff that comes across like he thinks he's a little smarter than he actually is.  Jmho

Wanting people to buy stock in his next contract and all the bitcoin stuff.  Just made me tilt my head a little.

I dunno, maybe I'm being too hard on him.

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I have an Indy update

Minny wants Turner and Warren. They do not want Oladipo at all for #1 overall. Indy been extremely reluctant to trade Turner in this type of deal packaged with Warren who they want to keep. 

While Indy is strongly considering keeping Oladipo even if he walks, both LA teams, Brooklyn and Dallas are interested. I am hearing Dallas has the best pick to offer but an underwhelming trade package otherwise.

Both LA teams are willing to offer appealing trade packages. 

Brooklyn is said to have a similar package with Dallas with a slightly worse pick. 

Indy isn't the biggest fan of any of these packages which are reportedly much higher than he heard just a few weeks ago.

He doesn't know which or what Indy will choose. Indy isn't over the hill on this draft class either outside of Ball. He is hearing the Lakers have the best package but the Clippers make the most sense.

Both Brooklyn and Dallas have favorable picks but not players he said.

Indy wants Mike D'Antoni. That much is clear but Mike hasn't shown a great of interest in Indy. If Philly passing him up as well as LA, could he consider Indy? That's the question. Considering Dipo wants out as does Turner, Indy looking down more than on the way up. But Indy has some interesting pieces. Mainly Brogdon and Sabonis.

Questions

1. Is Indy going for a retool/semi rebuild?

2. Dallas has #18 pick, THJr, Wright, Curry

3. BKN has #19, LeVert, Allen, Diwdiddie, Prince 

4. LAc, doesn't have any picks, Lou, Beverly, Shamet, Zubac.

5. LAL - I don't understand LAL having the best package, Kuzma and Caruso are the only young players under contract.

I actually think BKN has the best package.

30 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Dinwiddie has said some similar, odd stuff that comes across like he thinks he's a little smarter than he actually is.  Jmho

Wanting people to buy stock in his next contract and all the bitcoin stuff.  Just made me tilt my head a little.

I dunno, maybe I'm being too hard on him.

I try to follow some Crypto stuff. I'm not even entirely certain what he is trying to do with the Bitcoin, though. I think it may be something similar to essentially selling shares of himself that the investor could eventually earn a profit on, especially if his value goes up? 

I was actually on a crypto currency conference that had a Zoom talk that he was a guest on. He didn't explain himself very well, and that was with an interested audience. 

On another note, I recently saw a thing where the NBA has partnered with a company to create digital trading cards on with gifs of players that people can buy, sell, and trade that's saved on a blockchain ledger. I thought that was a really cool use of blockchain tech that integrated really well with sport/fan culture. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/coryjohnson/2020/08/07/blockchain-ballers/

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Questions

1. Is Indy going for a retool/semi rebuild?

2. Dallas has #18 pick, THJr, Wright, Curry

3. BKN has #19, LeVert, Allen, Diwdiddie, Prince 

4. LAc, doesn't have any picks, Lou, Beverly, Shamet, Zubac.

5. LAL - I don't understand LAL having the best package, Kuzma and Caruso are the only young players under contract.

I actually think BKN has the best package.

1. They want to continue to build around their core with a retooled star. Oladipo and Turner was the stars. 

2. From what I am hearing from him, they want to keep Tim and Curry at all cost. Wright and Powell could be available but not for cap space but for a expiring star. 

3. The young 3 aren't available and they want a lot for just one. The pick, Temple, and Prince is on the table for star or upgrade. That's why I said the pick isn't available right now and it will likely cost us an asset. 

4. They aren't trying to trade Pat Bev. Shamet is only available if they can get a star.

5. Alex and Kyle aren't available. I can't say who it is for LA. 

Brooklyn wants JC for Dinwiddie. They want home runs, not strikeouts 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I am hearing they are down to five but added seven if they move back up.

Okoro

Deni Avdija 

Toppin 

Jalen Smith

Okongwu

I am hearing it's in this order as well. Okoro is the Hawks top guy. Deni is 2nd and Obi is 3rd. I am hearing they are doing their homework on Okongwu and Smith. A lot of people would be shocked Smith at 4 but I am not. He's a 3&D 5 who can play interchangeablely at the 4. NY, Washington, Phoenix, San Antonio, Sacramento and Boston are all high on him and that's just in the lottery. He is the big mover. 

I am hearing interest in 

Tre Jones 

Flynn

Terry 

Cole Anthony 

Peyton Pritchard

Maledon

And Nico Mannion as well. 

It wouldn't shock me if the Hawks do like last year and move up into the early 2nd round or late 1st to move up for a PG. 

Rypien letting it rip!

So are we taking a BIG or not? lol

Okoro

Deni Avdija 

Toppin 

Jalen Smith

Okongwu

I am hearing it's in this order as well. Okoro is the Hawks top guy. Deni is 2nd and Obi is 3rd. I am hearing they are doing their homework on Okongwu and Smith. A lot of people would be shocked Smith at 4 but I am not. He's a 3&D 5 who can play interchangeablely at the 4. NY, Washington, Phoenix, San Antonio, Sacramento and Boston are all high on him and that's just in the lottery. He is the big mover. 

I am hearing interest in 

Tre Jones 

Flynn

Terry 

Cole Anthony 

Peyton Pritchard

Maledon

It wouldn't shock me if the Hawks do like last year and move up into the early 2nd round or late 1st to move up for a PG. 

Rypien letting it rip!

Im ok with Jones, Terry, , Maledon, or Pritchard(2nd rd)..Not a fan of Anthony.  And I wont no part of Mannion. Hawks dont like Kira Lewis?

Okoro

Deni Avdija 

Toppin 

Jalen Smith

Okongwu

I am hearing interest in 

Tre Jones 

Flynn

Terry 

Cole Anthony 

Peyton Pritchard

Maledon

Rypien letting it rip!

Jalen Smith isnt surprising. Schlenk loves his Maryland guys. lol. We better trade down for him if we take him though..6 way too early imo..Let him go to NY if thats the case..I like him though..Kinda reminds me of JJJ..

Edited by terrell

22 minutes ago, terrell said:

Jalen Smith isnt surprising. Schlenk loves his Maryland guys. lol. We better trade down for him if we take him though..6 way too early imo..Let him go to NY if thats the case..I like him though..Kinda reminds me of JJJ..

A lot of teams like him. He's a clear mover. I wouldn't say 5, 6, or 7 is too early in a severe eye of beholder draft. This is a draft where Wiseman could fall outside of the top 10. 

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

A lot of teams like him. He's a clear mover. I wouldn't say 5, 6, or 7 is too early in a severe eye of beholder draft. This is a draft where Wiseman could fall outside of the top 10. 

I think you said Schlenk has liked Myles Turner for a while. He reminds me of him too..lol

Edited by terrell

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I cant see Smith making it past Boston for sure..

Edited by terrell
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

I think you said Schlenk has liked Myles Turner for a while. He reminds me of him too..lol

I think Smith to Myles Turner and JJJ is a MAJOR reach. 

Especially JJJ. 

JJJ has a 7'5 wingspan. 

His lateral quickness was generational for a big his size. Obviously, he wasn't comfortable defending outside of the paint as much as his lovers believed but there is just a different talent level. 

As for Myles Turner. You are talking a younger, longer, better defensive prospect who needed biomech work done. 

I see Smith as lesser than those two as prospects. He's more like Kurt Thomas but instead of the great deep jumper that Thomas is known for, Smith shoots threes as the game has changed. 

Turner biomech issues are the only reason why he wasn't a top 5-6 pick. 

JJJ would go #1 in this draft without question. 

Smith is nice but let's hold our horses. He projects to be a long term role player as a 3&D big. Which is the 2nd/3rd most valuable 3&D there is behind big wing (SF) 3&D. 

To me, Bruno and Jalen are similar graded level prospects. Bruno is better but a lot of what Bruno does well in college didn't translate even if his talent level did translate but he going to have to adjust. While Jalen translates with ease like Kevin. That doesn't mean Bruno won't be eventually better than all three one day but it does mean, Bruno will need years to adjust. Jalen and Kevin can help the rotation ASAP as they fit a simple structure that's a lot harder for Bruno who is capable of doing more these than two. 

55 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I think Smith to Myles Turner and JJJ is a MAJOR reach. 

Especially JJJ. 

JJJ has a 7'5 wingspan. 

His lateral quickness was generational for a big his size. Obviously, he wasn't comfortable defending outside of the paint as much as his lovers believed but there is just a different talent level. 

As for Myles Turner. You are talking a younger, longer, better defensive prospect who needed biomech work done. 

I see Smith as lesser than those two as prospects. He's more like Kurt Thomas but instead of the great deep jumper that Thomas is known for, Smith shoots threes as the game has changed. 

Turner biomech issues are the only reason why he wasn't a top 5-6 pick. 

JJJ would go #1 in this draft without question. 

Smith is nice but let's hold our horses. He projects to be a long term role player as a 3&D big. Which is the 2nd/3rd most valuable 3&D there is behind big wing (SF) 3&D. 

I just see glimpses of Turner when I watch him. lol.And  Of course JJJ is better prospect, but he kind of reminds me of him a little bit, coming off screens and shooting 3's..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, terrell said:

I just see glimpses of Turner when I watch him. lol.And  Of course JJJ is better prospect, but he kind of reminds me of him a little bit, coming off screens and shooting 3's..

As you should, Turner is a 3&D 5 who can interchangeablely play the 4 which is what Smith is. The gap is talent level and athleticism. Turner is a fine athlete while Smith is more agile than quick. Also the size difference. Turner had a much better frame as well. 

I don't think it's a mistake in a modern sense to call Smith, Myles Turner lite

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Okoro

Deni Avdija 

Toppin 

Jalen Smith

Okongwu

So I finally got the same info as you about them wiping Ball, Edwards, Wiseman from their boards as they expected them to be gone. However, the word is that even if Edwards fell to 6, they wouldn't take him as they don't see the fit. That if Ball fell to them at 6 they would take or trade (and to be clear, there is zero chance of this happening) and if Wiseman fell to them at 6 it would be because 1 or 3 of their board guys went ahead of him and they'd have a serious talk about him but even if all that happened they still would have to have a conversation about it because they question his motivation, motor and fit...I was shocked when I heard that. They also don't expect Cole Anthony to be available when they could get back into the first. They see him going 10-20.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1