• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

Update:

The massive blockbuster deal with Houston, Philadelphia, and Minnesota is dead. Houston isn't trading Harden unless it's a superstar packaged deal. Morey listened but the offer wasn't good enough and no one had interest in the type of deal HOU wanted for James.

Harden wants to be a Rocket and retire as a Rocket is basically the information he is getting and they are fine with the players they have now while making some changes here and there. 

There is this rumor that Rashad Phillips who I deeply respect put out about Ben Simmons for #1 overall. I can tell you there is no chance in hell that is happening. Philadelphia wants Ben and Joel to work. Its that simple. They also want Tobias Harris to work. I am sure Minnesota would love that deal as that's what they are aiming for but no one is half way to interested in that type of deal for #1 overall. 

Doc is targeting Chris Paul which isn't a surprise. It was just that no one was interested in CP3 due to his contract but NYK and it seems like Horford value going through the roof as bigs are dominating the playoffs has put value for a major 3-way move. 

Minnesota will continue to look for deals where they can land a young controllable star but those aren't just slim pickings, they aren't available at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I don't know if you read Vecenie latest article but players and trainers who has worked out with Wiseman have shouted his praises but coaches and executives moreso than scouts and knocked him heavily compared to his actual talent level. A lack of process is going to be a killer for Wiseman, Cole Anthony, and Jaden McDaniels 

Deni is a lean at 4 with Chicago as well but if he's gone look at Hayes who is also a lean for Chicago. If both are gone, look for Chicago to considering trading down. 

No one knows what Charlotte will do.

Cleveland is a Edwards lean and if he's gone Okoro

Atlanta is an Okoro lean, then Deni, then Obi, then Smith or Okongwu 

Detroit is a Haliburton heavy lean. If you want him, you have to move up. Obi is also a lean if Hali is gone.

New York likes a lot of guys so no leans but I heard 27 and 8 is on the market if it can get them Ball or Edwards. 

Okongwu is a major lean for Washington, Jalen Smith is a lean. They aren't thinking Wiseman will be here but if he is, I am not sure he can jump Okongwu. 

After that, it's the wild wild west. Trade downs and move up bonanza since the cost won't be anywhere near as crazy. I do think if Okongwu or Wiseman falls to 10, Boston will try to move up to 10. 

Cost is literally the biggest hindrance is what he gave me on this recent call. They keep repeating, Minnesota wants too much. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Supes, are you gonna be able to live with yourself if the Hawks pass on Toppin?

I think there's a better than 80% chance you'll become a Cavs fan if when he goes there.

I don't think they will pass on him unless its Okoro. 

Atlanta and Golden State are pushing for Obi being a wing/big and for them

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't know if you read Vecenie latest article but players and trainers who has worked out with Wiseman have shouted his praises but coaches and executives moreso than scouts and knocked him heavily compared to his actual talent level. A lack of process is going to be a killer for Wiseman, Cole Anthony, and Jaden McDaniels 

Why such a disconnect between players/scouts and gms? 

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't think they will pass on him unless its Okoro. 

Atlanta and Golden State are pushing for Obi being a wing/big and for them

Ok.  I'll help you through the withdrawal of needed, brutha.

Not trying to rekindle our standoff, but I'm not sure I see "big wing" though.

21 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Range 

LaMelo 1-6

Deni 2-6

Ant 3-5

Killian 4, 7, 8, 10-14

Okoro 3, 5, 6

Obi 2, 6, 8, 10-14.

Wiseman 3-12

Haliburton 2, 4, 7, 8, 10

Okongwu 6-10

Add 5-10, Cleveland is also looking at Okongwu 

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Ok.  I'll help you through the withdrawal of needed, brutha.

Not trying to rekindle our standoff, but I'm not sure I see "big wing" though.

They see him as a wing on defense. For me, I am neutral on it. I see flashes but he has some biomechanical work he needs to do with his flexibility which is fixable but it's clearly needed.

Golden State been tracking him all year and we have been tracking him since his redshirt freshman season and worked him out last year so I trust their judgement over mines but I clearly think he is the best player in the draft with a lot more upside than people like yourself think.

38 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They see him as a wing on defense. For me, I am neutral on it. I see flashes but he has some biomechanical work he needs to do with his flexibility which is fixable but it's clearly needed.

Golden State been tracking him all year and we have been tracking him since his redshirt freshman season and worked him out last year so I trust their judgement over mines but I clearly think he is the best player in the draft with a lot more upside than people like yourself think.

Oof, I think that's a mistake.  I think, defensively, he's a 5 and a stiff one at that.  No need to rehash through all that.   Interesting to see how this draft is playing out (finally).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, terrell said:

I cant wait...For this to be such a "horrible" draft, Its still exciting..lol

I'm probably alone in this... but I'm not closing the book on this being a "horrible" draft class... there's just too many unknowns to make that claim now. We may look back at this draft class years later and call it a strong one. Sure, everyone has weaknesses in this draft, but there's a lot of potential too. COVID is really making this hard to evaluate. 

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Oof, I think that's a mistake.  I think, defensively, he's a 5 and a stiff one at that.  No need to rehash through all that.   Interesting to see how this draft is playing out (finally).

You wouldn't be alone in your thought process,  I am sure there are others. This once again is an eye of the beholder draft class. Teams see things others don't see or do see. This is why teams are all over the board. 

17 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

So no ATL interest in a backup for Trae like Kilian or Haliburton? 

Yes and no. Yes, they like them. No, they won't draft them. The value for what they are targeting could be had in the late 1st,  2nd round.

Atlanta and Golden State are both high on Haliburton. It's no mistake that Atlanta has been mocked to him but it seems Atlanta put a lot more value in this range in wings and bigs as they are much harder to find in FA, trade and the draft. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1