• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

18 hours ago, Dean Walker said:

Doc to philly it seems....

Wonder where that leaves D’antoni.

Honestly, Im not mad at that. That's a really good fit.

I would have liked Doc in a year if we werent progressing. But honestly, we are too young for him. He has only won with vet squads.

Philly is a good reclamation project for him.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Honestly, Im not mad at that. That's a really good fit.

I would have liked Doc in a year if we werent progressing. But honestly, we are too young for him. He has only won with vet squads.

Philly is a good reclamation project for him.

The only thing more overrated than that 1-title winning Selltic "big3" (who get spoken about as if they won multiple titles) is Doc as a coach (who gets spoken about as if, other than that one year, his playoff "success" isn't spotty at best).

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, kg01 said:

The only thing more overrated than that 1-title winning Selltic "big3" (who get spoken about as if they won multiple titles) is Doc as a coach (who gets spoken about as if, other than that one year, his playoff "success" isn't spotty at best).

Ya know, I feel ya on that. The thing is though, he was gifted some talented teams, yes, but he also oversaw major culture changes with those franchises.

Boston was pretty irrelevant for a long time after Bird retired and pre-Big 3 era.  Clippers were basically league doormats their whole existence until recently.

He does struggle in the playoffs it seems, so yeah I could see him being overrated.

• Premium Member
On 9/30/2020 at 1:08 PM, kg01 said:

This is interesting.  Maybe he would've been better off cast as a 6th man gunner?

On 9/30/2020 at 3:48 PM, MaceCase said:

He was perfectly cast as a secondary player but his ego wouldn't accept it.  We've seen not one but two teams now that worked to lessen his responsibilities allowing him to focus solely on what he does best (score) and he bristled at the mere suggestion because he feels (felt?) he can do so much moar!

On 9/30/2020 at 5:32 PM, RedDawg#8 said:

Kyrie, like Jimmy, just needs to land in the right culture that matches his personality.

KD actually may be a great fit with him as they both are a little bit anti establishment personality wise. And they get to create their own culture up in Brooklyn 

I feel bad for Steve Nash, smh.

Just now, RedDawg#8 said:

Im telling ya, they are weirdo's man, they will fit like a glove together. Nash is Canadian, so he may be eccentric enough to handle it lol

Or too polite to fight it at least. "Sooorey KD, Kyrie, I didnt mean to interrupt your sociology lecture with my coaching, sooorey aboot that"

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Ya know, I feel ya on that. The thing is though, he was gifted some talented teams, yes, but he also oversaw major culture changes with those franchises.

Boston was pretty irrelevant for a long time after Bird retired and pre-Big 3 era.  Clippers were basically league doormats their whole existence until recently.

He does struggle in the playoffs it seems, so yeah I could see him being overrated.

I'm predicting it now.  After playoff failure and utter chaos in Philly, they'll finally trade embiid or simmons next offseason.  What changed?  They supposedly just hired doc.

Book it.

• Like 1

Just now, kg01 said:

I don't.  He signed up for this.

Is Brooklyn a threat in the East next year or no?

Do they self destruct or do Kyrie and KD put on a show at Barclays?

I ask because for us to take a step up, somebody has to take a step back.

Orlando, Brooklyn, Indiana, Philly are the teams in question.

Brooklyn is poised to take a jump if you ask me, with a healthy KD. Philly is too talented to stink.

So we are really gunning for Orlando and Indy

2 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Brooklyn is poised to take a jump if you ask me, with a healthy KD. Philly is too talented to stink.

I don't think Philly is in question. Indy and Orlando, yes. Philly, no.

Only a hater would count out the Nets. KD in the east is a cakewalk to the ECF. Milwaukee and some team that emerge could challenge them but it won't be easy

4 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Orl, for sure.  Ind too, I think.  Bkn could, if injuries, dysfunction, and rest catch up

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I don't think Philly is in question. Indy and Orlando, yes. Philly, no.

Only a hater would count out the Nets. KD in the east is a cakewalk to the ECF. Milwaukee and some team that emerge could challenge them but it won't be easy

do we know theyll both be healthy enough long enough in bkn?

Doesn't mean you're a hater if you question that.

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

do we know theyll both be healthy enough long enough in bkn?

Doesn't mean you're a hater if you question that.

I mean all that is fair, plus with a 1st time ever head coach, that locker room could get dicey.

If they just roll the ball out, Kyrie and KD should be enough to get you wins. But when tough times come, that ship could go left, fast.

• Thanks 1

• Admin

I think it will come down to chemistry and if they have players who can do all the little things.  Its a simular team to the Thunder during Durant's time ... do they have the right role players?  Can he get back to his pre injury form?  Will irving get along and play within the system?  

21 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Do they need to be? That's a deep ass squad if they maintain the gut of their core.

And what happens if, like LAC, the core guys reject the way the stars get treated despite them being a playoff-level team without them?

It's arguably why Atkinson left so we already know all isnt well behind the scenes.

This isn't as plug-n-play a contender as it seems, imho, and it's not about talent level.  There's a lot of questions left to be answered. 

• Thanks 2

23 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@NBASupes...couple questions.

Way back in February at the Trade deadline,

1. Hawks was in discussion for Gallo as part of the proposed Adams trade - are the Hawks interested in him in FAcy?

2. Kevin Love was part of a discussion (the MIN/GSW/HOU deal) with the Hawks offering the OKC 2022 1st - is there still any interest in him as the back up PF?

3. Any discussions regarding the OKC 2022 1st for a decent bench player on a long term deal?

1. Not from what I got. Davis Bertans is the only player from that period still lasting.

2. Atlanta doesn't want any big contracts unless they are in the same timeline Capela at the least. No

3. Nothing for right now. That could change as we get closer to the draft. Some players could be available that are currently not available. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Do they need to be? That's a deep ass squad if they maintain the gut of their core.

I think Dinwiddie gets moved..  Dinwiddie + #19 to Atlanta instead of Prince? lol

16 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I think, if Kyme was less talented but equally obnoxious/vocal, he'd be Dinwiddie.

Really? Based off of what?  I dont get to see the Nets that much. But Ive heard Kyrie say some weird shiizz..lol

Edited by terrell