• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jabari Parker Appreciation thread

Blunt91

I loved Parker’s post offense. It’s been a while since we had a big that could get buckets down low with ease. 
 I think we need to look in to getting another post scorer down the road. People can say all they want about todays game but having a guy who can get it down low in the half court is a huge asset come playoffs and late game situations.

Im looking at you Trez Harrell

• Like 4

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, High5 said:

He kind of ran out of steam before disappearing to the injury report, but he did put in some work at the beginning of the season. I was impressed by how easily he was able to dunk in traffic. He couldn't make a wide open 3 to save his life, though. 

Can’t add much to this.  Nicely put. The 

• Like 2

• Admin
1 hour ago, sturt said:

I was surprised to see he put some effort on the defensive side of the court, because his reputation has been, of course, that he's a bad defender. Effort, for whatever reason, doesn't translate into stops/results for him, though.

Was surprised that he was as smooth as he is offensively, and able to score against contact.

Good attitude while he was here, just like Len, and hope for him to see some continued development.

This

• Moderators

Sad to see him go as he does seem like a nice niche role player and he was on a contract that would support that.  I'm taking it that LP and TS didn't want him back given the nature of this deal or at least didn't value him enough to risk not getting Dedmon back on his $13M salary.  

Parker was an instant offense guy.  Attitude was better than I expected and he was asked to do a lot that was beyond his ability (notably being asked to play center).  Wish him a speedy recovery and success.  If he gets healthy, I expect he will be a FA again this offseason.

• Like 4

Had that young Shaq effect in the paint on offense to some extent, dunking on anyone but the other end of the court would always be the reason to limit his minutes if we ever were to stay healthy and we now have a starting C to boot. Good luck to him out there and hope he can avoid those injuries moving forward. Hoping Bruno gets all those backup PF minutes now.

• Like 3