• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will Mark Cuban win his protest against the Hawks?

TheNorthCydeRises

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28767183/potential-mark-cuban-discipline-wait-outcome-mavericks-protest

His meltdown on Twitter probably won't help his case.  Seeing that these two teams won't play again this season, would the league cave to Cuban and give him a replay of the last 9 seconds of that game? Mavs are currently in 7th, but just 4 games out of 2nd in the West.

19 minutes ago, kg01 said:

He was on NBARadio today.  Said they have a pretty good shot (TIFWIW) but said he'd only replay the game if it impacts seeding.  Nah, bruh.  If you wanna replay it, replay it.  You don't get to choose.

Would Cuban like oral with that too? Wtf. What’s this guy’s problem damn man take ur boy 👦 wonder and leave us alone u bug u dork. See that’s the one thing Cuban is really truly pissed off about. No amount of money will ever be enough to make him cool, he’s a dork by nature. He walks like a dork, talks like a dork and prolly F...nevermind pg13 here.

Excuse the anger I’m in the desert 🌵 with a certain someone. 

- Gonzo

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

He has a legit argument about the officiating 'establishment', but this is the wrong hill for him to die on.

It was an awkward call but the right one.

Right.  If most people don't even think it was the wrong call how can you replay.  Replay is a bigger injustice than if the it really was the wrong call...which it wasn't....obviously.   i actually don't mind cuban that much but this is just silly.

• Like 3

I doubt he wins it. Cuban is famous for his meltdowns against the referees; and according to some Mavs fans, Carlisle had him put a muzzle on it some years ago.

The goal tending was a bad call by the Refs; but taking the basket away from Collins would be a injustice in my opinion. He had left his feet before the whistle blew and no one was beating him to that ball. Game over.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I doubt he wins it. Cuban is famous for his meltdowns against the referees; and according to some Mavs fans, Carlisle had him put a muzzle on it some years ago.

The goal tending was a bad call by the Refs; but taking the basket away from Collins would be a injustice in my opinion. He had left his feet before the whistle blew and no one was beating him to that ball. Game over.

First, Cubes addressed the "muzzle" thing on the radio.  Basically said he backed off because of assurances provided by the league that they were going to institute changes.  Out of respect for them, he stood down and allowed them the opportunity to make good on their promises.  His recent outburst was due to the lack of fulfilling what they said they were going to do.

Had nothing to do with Carlisle who has become a vastly overrated entity, but that's just my $0.03.

The goaltend was a missed call but not a "bad call".  Their ruling was that since, upon replay it was shown to be the incorrect call, the blowing of the whistle had to be treated as an inadvertent whistle.  Thus the play, as it played out, was allowed to stand.

Seems pretty fair to me so I'm not sure why folks are all confused and outraged.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, kg01 said:

First, Cubes addressed the "muzzle" thing on the radio.  Basically said he backed off because of assurances provided by the league that they were going to institute changes.  Out of respect for them, he stood down and allowed them the opportunity to make good on their promises.  His recent outburst was due to the lack of fulfilling what they said they were going to do.

Had nothing to do with Carlisle who has become a vastly overrated entity, but that's just my $0.03.

The goaltend was a missed call but not a "bad call".  Their ruling was that since, upon replay it was shown to be the incorrect call, the blowing of the whistle had to be treated as an inadvertent whistle.  Thus the play, as it played out, was allowed to stand.

Seems pretty fair to me so I'm not sure why folks are all confused and outraged.

Most of the people confused and outraged are from the Maverick's side of the ball. They are in a tight playoff race and want every win they can get; so this makes sense to me. They have nothing to lose with the protest and a lot to possibly gain.

No one wants to be the 7th or 8th seed and possibly facing the Clippers or Lakers in the 1st round.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 4

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Getting a different ruling on the blowing of the whistle being treated as an inadvertent whistle is what they have to get.  They want a ruling that once the whistle blows the play is dead. 

I'm sure they are also hoping for a ruling that whoever has the best Euro on the bench at the time gets to inbound the ball with that Euro in the game, even if he was sitting it out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Just think!  This would be so exciting!!  If Cuban wins:

Replay final 9 seconds of the game.  Only players who played or was on the bench in original game can play.  Dallas must travel to Atlanta.  Both teams must dress and be allowed to warm up.  All fans who were there for the game get in free.  Then, they must decide, will this be on TV?  If not, I'm mad.  I want to watch this 9 second game, live!:laugh1:

Image result for baby laughing gif

• Haha 3