• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hoops rumors

Vol4ever

This sounds about right. Let’s hope 🤞🏿 

“I love the young pieces they have,” one agent said. “I’m a big fan of Collins’ game. I think with him and Trae and the young core they have, if they bring in the right veteran guys, they can be a strong team. They have the most money in free agency.”

“Every team that offers money would be considered,” said another. “An agent that says otherwise is just lying or stupid. They need to add quality veterans to help the young guys. Atlanta would be under consideration.”

• Like 2

11 hours ago, kg01 said:

@Lurker I don't grade uga harshly out of spite.  I think Edwards is overrated, lucky the rest of the class is equally unimpressive otherwise he'd appropriately be viewed a late 1st rounder like he shld.

Compare him to the '18 or 19 class.

bs.jpeg

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, sturt said:

I'm open to Dunn, but I think the price tag will be too much.

Dunn is an elite defensive player. I like that, but I'll settle for good.

Augustin is good. But I prefer Yogi because he's younger and because I also think he'll be one of the better values on the market.

And/but I'm also among the seemingly many who are on the Tyrese Haliburton bandwagon, who can genuinely be both a legitimate back-up to Trae and a legitimate 4th or 5th wing.

Ah I forgot Ferrell. He probably jumps to the top of the list of interest. I don't think he's all that great defensively either. Likely better than Trae, but his size probably causes problems. If his shot were to return I think he'd be a steal.

I'd probably go in order, Ferrell, Dragic, and Augustin. At least on basketball-reference, Dragic surprisingly has more WS than I would've thought. But money and years might be too much and he might still want to start.

Although this isn't the FA year to do it for sure, I think Schlenk is desperate enough to try to improve that he'd be willing to fork out one big FA contract that has multiple years on it. Then maybe one that is very short term.

Edited by Lurker

30 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Edwards as a top pick is more Anthony Bennett than Patrick Ewing.

Disagree?

Lol...you didn’t learn with Zion huh 🤔Alright let’s try it again. 🐜 man is legit.

ps I’m sorry he didn’t go to GT. He wanted to follow in the footsteps of a legend like Nique not a mainland China hall of famer Starbury ⭐️ minus the star. I refuse to call that guy anything but ugly face maker post Amare dunk. 

• Like 2

Edwards isn't going to be like Bennett or Hezonja but it wouldn't surprise me if he was somewhat like Oladipo in which it takes several years for him to get to his best caliber play (and maybe a kick in the pants by being traded once or twice). Then if he were to emerge that way, you can most certainly question the value of a 6'5" (maybe less) CG that finally is scoring efficiently, but maybe isn't consistently D'ing up like I believe Oladipo can or even Mitchell.

Needless to say, he'd still go about 10-15 in a regular draft because although his measurables aren't totally like a Reddish, he still is very athletic (despite looking like to me he has 0 clue how to use it well outside of transition, you had Georgia fans whining and crying about him taking too many jumpers, but there was several times where he looked like a total fool in half court offense inside as well before I blew up at Crean and had to bar myself from even looking) and has a 6'9" wingspan, and this is also why you have KB consistently telling us for years now that relying on drafts and younger players is very foolish.

For the Hawks purposes, he doesn't make a lot of sense if they are in win or die as we think for 20/21, period (and this is your TL/DR statement here). As of now, I don't think he's Morant/Trae like (except at SG), I think he's somebody that suffered from poor coaching and didn't get the structure that he may have needed. 

But I think his NBA career will end up fine in the very long term, unless it turns out I'm way off on Crean. If I'm way off, then he might be a 5* bust relatively.

Edited by Lurker

18 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Lol...you didn’t learn with Zion huh 🤔Alright let’s try it again. 🐜 man is legit.

ps I’m sorry he didn’t go to GT. He wanted to follow in the footsteps of a legend like Nique not a mainland China hall of famer Starbury ⭐️ minus the star. I refuse to call that guy anything but ugly face maker post Amare dunk. 

Zion was a health thing.  Edwards is a run of the mill AAU scorer, non-winner, questionable bbq thing.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Edwards as a top pick is more Anthony Bennett than Patrick Ewing.

Disagree?

My post had nothing to do with Edwards. It was directed at your claim you "don't grade UGA harshly out of spite". Think your grading system is actually based on overall jealously....just guessing.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Thomas said:

My post had nothing to do with Edwards. It was directed at your claim you "don't grade UGA harshly out of spite". Think your grading system is actually based on simple jealously....just guessing.

Nah.  We're almost through with our craptastic coach.  You guys are just starting with yours.  We're almost outta the tunnel.  That light you guys see is an oncoming train.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Nah.  We're almost through with our craptastic coach.  You guys are just starting with yours.  We're almost outta the tunnel.  That light you guys see is an oncoming train.

Hope we are almost at the end of the tunnel with our coach as well. If you don't ever coach D then a winning conference record isn't gonna happen in the South. Crean can't even spell a single letter of defense.

9 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Hope we are almost at the end of the tunnel with our coach as well. If you don't ever coach D then a winning conference record isn't gonna happen in the South. Crean can't even spell a single letter of defense.

Yall better hope the ncaa is satisfied with hammering folks like us over $300 too, btw.

If they ever grow the stones to go big game huntin', there's a lottery ACC and SEC programs that should be scared.

• Premium Member

@Lurker when a person studies PG defensive numbers, I'm finding that good numbers seem especially unkind to that particular position. So, while a Ferrell or Augustin don't show up as good, the fact that they don't show up as bad makes them stand out. And watching Ferrell passes my eye test. If he were listed at 6-3 instead of 6-0, he might even be really good. He works hard on defense, and more than that, appears to me to have some exceptional instincts.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Zion was a health thing.

That’s true. But with Edwards I see a lot of natural instincts about the game. Dude reacts super quick twitch like Ja. When I first saw Ja play I didn’t think he had that IQ and I guess that’s what separates him. 

Something about this kid reminds me of a collegiate Nique. Let’s turn back the clock ⏰ to 1982 and hopefully win the lottery (nba owes us they always rig it to keep a young kid in his hometown) and draft him.

• Like 1

Ca

5 hours ago, kg01 said:

Yall better hope the ncaa is satisfied with hammering folks like us over $300 too, btw.

If they ever grow the stones to go big game huntin', there's a lottery ACC and SEC programs that should be scared.

Uh....Calipari is still coaching and Auburn begged Bruce Pearl to run the show at Auburn. Apparently the SEC is off limits from the NCAA evil eye and may not ever be scared. Not saying it is a good thing but do remember Jim Harrick creating a winning atmosphere at UGA and he was dirty as hell but eventually it caught up with him. Really only took one disgruntled cat to help root out the truth in the those days. The wrong way should not be rewarded but alas.... 

5 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Ca

Uh....Calipari is still coaching and Auburn begged Bruce Pearl to run the show at Auburn. Apparently the SEC is off limits from the NCAA evil eye and may not ever be scared. Not saying it is a good thing but do remember Jim Harrick creating a winning atmosphere at UGA and he was dirty as hell but eventually it caught up with him. Really only took one disgruntled cat to help root out the truth in the those days. The wrong way should not be rewarded but alas.... 

Cal might be the cleanest.  UK bball cheating network doesn't ever have to involve the HC.  Not the case at UGA, MSU, AUB, LSU, etc.

57 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Cal might be the cleanest.

Yeah, back before the UK days Derrick Rose was Cal's biggest fan don't you know....

the Tigers' season that ended in the 2008 Final Four with the wins later vacated by the NCAA

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/7071639/john-calipari-derrick-rose-settle-avoid-memphis-ticket-holder-lawsuit