• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hoops rumors

Vol4ever

29 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Yeah, back before the UK days Derrick Rose was Cal's biggest fan don't you know....

the Tigers' season that ended in the 2008 Final Four with the wins later vacated by the NCAA

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/7071639/john-calipari-derrick-rose-settle-avoid-memphis-ticket-holder-lawsuit

Make no mistake.  I'm not saying he's clean.  I'm saying he doesn't have to do such things at UK.  He did at MEM, UMass, etc.

• Sad 1

One thing I’m somewhat questioning with 🐜 man is shot selection. Can someone shed some light 💡 on this. 🤔 He seems like he can press to put them up if they aren’t going. True in many cases even with stars, but ideally, I’d like my young guys to grow in a system before becoming volume guys. Having said that, if you aren’t part of a Kentucky type program you probably only have one star in the squad and he is forced into the volume role.

27 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

One thing I’m somewhat questioning with 🐜 man is shot selection. Can someone shed some light 💡 on this. 🤔 He seems like he can press to put them up if they aren’t going. True in many cases even with stars, but ideally, I’d like my young guys to grow in a system before becoming volume guys. Having said that, if you aren’t part of a Kentucky type program you probably only have one star in the squad and he is forced into the volume role.

Crean provided no structure and no discipline. Although that team wasn't necessarily great, they were much better than blowing multiple big 2nd half leads. I couldn't care less that there were several newcomers. Keep those big leads.

I keep saying it, I think he'll be fine (it just might take a while, and we really do not have a while if it is win or die in 20/21) but a lot of why depends on how much you weight if Crean truly isn't any good anymore or what. I think we're going to find out quickly here as well with Crean/Georgia. There's still interesting pieces there for that team but there's really absolutely nothing there right now to give me hope that a realistic leap is coming, and you usually figure out fast if a coach is going to actually help you (outside of recruiting). He basically has one more year at best and if there's nothing with the 3rd year, it's likely that Georgia found an even worse purgatory than the bore of Mark Fox teams (in which was only not really boring because of players like Frazier and Maten, or earlier in his tenure, Trey Thompkins). 

Edited by Lurker
  • Thanks 1

Since I obviously played in with diverting this some, I'll divert it back...

How would we all feel about an offseason of potentially...

Yogi Ferrell on a short, small deal.

Montrezl Harrell for 4 years at 17-20 million. (I know others aren't a fan, but it's a rumor that we're in)

Jae Crowder on a short, loaded deal.

• Like 1

hace 6 minutos, Lurker dijo:

Since I obviously played in with diverting this some, I'll divert it back...

How would we all feel about an offseason of potentially...

Montrezl Harrell for 4 years at 17-20 million. (I know others aren't a fan, but it's a rumor that we're in)

That is not bad but I would prefer

Draft Haliburton

Korkmaz on a short small deal

Wood for 4 years 12 m per year 

Crowder on a short loaded deal.

36 minutes ago, Lurker said:

First 2 I like and have wanted Trez since last summer. I’m good on Crowder.

• Like 1

• Moderators
13 hours ago, kg01 said:

Make no mistake.  I'm not saying he's clean.  I'm saying he doesn't have to do such things at UK.  He did at MEM, UMass, etc.

Also bear in mind stuff like that happens at Duke and just gets ignored by the NCAA.  Duke could have a championship and wins wiped out due to ineligible Corey Maggette who took money from an agent who was later plead guilty over it. Kind of like Marcus Camby but Duke instead is UMass.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, AHF said:

Also bear in mind stuff like that happens at Duke and just gets ignored by the NCAA.  Duke could have a championship and wins wiped out due to ineligible Corey Maggette who took money from an agent who was later plead guilty over it. Kind of like Marcus Camby but Duke instead is UMass.

I can't stand the dude coaching Kansas, but I must admit their response to the NCAA had an absolute gem in it.

It said stte, "If'n you're gonna sanction us for how we recruited a kid, you best sanction the school the kid ultimately signed wit too.  IOW, shall we book y'all some rooms in Durham?  I hear they got a brand new Red Roof off I-85."

A wise man once told me "free" never wins a bidding war.  (RIP, dtm!)

I mean what I said, but I can't shake the feeling that you and that sneaky, sneaky SEC guy @Thomas just tricked me into going against the ACC family.  Well played, bros.  Well played.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, sturt said:

Did you find something the rest of us didn't?

Mainly a started by Supes rumor, but he actually struck paydirt last time and I'm vaguely remembering him not being alone.

Regardless, I don't think the Hawks leave the offseason without adding 1 multi year deal that's longer than 2 years unless it turns out to not be win or die for 20/21.

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Mainly a started by Supes rumor, but he actually struck paydirt last time and I'm vaguely remembering him not being alone.

Regardless, I don't think the Hawks leave the offseason without adding 1 multi year deal that's longer than 2 years unless it turns out to not be win or die for 20/21.

Unless I'm mistaken, I think Supes wasn't sharing any insider info with that one but advocating that it would be the right move for the team.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I can't stand the dude coaching Kansas, but I must admit their response to the NCAA had an absolute gem in it.

Self is just another example of a very well paid recruiter/coach that gained his rep at and then job hopped away from Tulsa in the middle of the night like seemingly a million other good coaches have done to those poor guys. UGA grabbed one of those in Tubby and he left his own kid in Athens after a couple of years. Yeah I know it was G.G.'s own decision to stay but the situation should not have come up in the first place. Don't say you are gonna build the program and then leave after fifty someodd games. Will say that Self has certainly figured out how to pull it all off and still look clean shaven though. Irritating.

On 3/22/2020 at 7:27 PM, Spud2nique said:

Part of it is that what Edwards does the very best is handle the physical part of the game on offense and rack up plus ones but he gets tired/frustrated with it seemingly being on him all game long and takes threes no matter what at times. Hammonds fell off a cliff and so little Wheeler and occasionally Harris became the only other sources of offense. Really tough situation. Just the same he is built for the big league and will take a ton of pressure off of his point guard. Not sure about the fruition part. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Self is just another example of a very well paid recruiter/coach that gained his rep at and then job hopped away from Tulsa in the middle of the night like seemingly a million other good coaches have done to those poor guys. UGA grabbed one of those in Tubby and he left his own kid in Athens after a couple of years. Yeah I know it was G.G.'s own decision to stay but the situation should not have come up in the first place. Don't say you are gonna build the program and then leave after fifty someodd games. Will say that Self has certainly figured out how to pull it all off and still look clean shaven though. Irritating.

Ironically, Tubby was never a great recruiter.  He would have been much happier staying at a school like UGA where he had a strong HS talent base and could be consistently in the NCAAs but without expectations to win big.  He was a very strong coach but never liked recruiting.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, AHF said:

Ironically, Tubby was never a great recruiter.  He would have been much happier staying at a school like UGA where he had a strong HS talent base and could be consistently in the NCAAs but without expectations to win big.  He was a very strong coach but never liked recruiting.

And thusly has been on the move by someone else's decision the past couple of decades.

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Tubby was a great coach. Best one I've seen at UGA but couldn't recruit stars for shit

• Premium Member
On 3/20/2020 at 10:02 PM, Vol4ever said:

Hawks Rumors: Pierce, Bembry, FAs, Collins | Hoops Rumors
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/03/hawks-rumors-pierce-bembry-fas-collins.html

Some Hawks players have also questioned Pierce’s in-game decisions and rotations. According to Kirschner, one player even offered the following assessment when discussing those decisions: “It’s almost as if we actually are tanking on purpose.”

• Premium Member
49 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Some Hawks players have also questioned Pierce’s in-game decisions and rotations. According to Kirschner, one player even offered the following assessment when discussing those decisions: “It’s almost as if we actually are tanking on purpose.”

Sheldon-sheldon-cooper-32005604-480-270.

They didn't get the memo?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1