• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

And so....it begins! NBA Season Restarts! July 30th - October 12th.

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

This coming Wednesday we'll know which players are in or out.

What happens if a player goes to the bubble, then decides say after 2 weekes they can't do it, and decides to leave, what then, what's the additional penalty if any?

Or if a player tests positive, does their quarantine then elects to leave for whatever reason? 

Interesting times ahead - 40 days to go until tip off!

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Florida added 4,049 new cases Saturday, which broke the previous single-day record of 3,822 set Friday. In all, the state has set records for single-day cases in seven of the past 10 days and is approaching 94,000 infections — becoming a national hot spot along with Texas and Arizona, states that are also seeing surging case numbers.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The NBA should have went with Vegas. This Florida decision is looking worse by the day. A lot of states are setting records the past month. Some of it is due to more test being performed and some of it is because people are starting to get out more. Florida though is setting the bar for new cases and that has to be scary.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

The NBA should have went with Vegas. This Florida decision is looking worse by the day. A lot of states are setting records the past month. Some of it is due to more test being performed and some of it is because people are starting to get out more. Florida though is setting the bar for new cases and that has to be scary.

They were in contention until this:

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Adam Silver has already said that the players and the league need to be prepared to play the season, even if COVID is prevalent in its ranks.  I think even he knows that someone within the bubble will get it sooner or later.  The question is, how many people around that person will get it?

The question also is . . did the NBA play for possible delays with the playoffs, within that playing schedule they put out?  And will the postpone the players if star players contract the virus, and wait for them to be medically cleared, before resuming?  I think the 2nd point is a big possibility.  No way would you want to see Lakers vs Bucks in the playoffs, but Giannis and LeBron are out because of the 'Rona.  May as well put the Finals on pause for 2 weeks, and let their bodies get rid of the virus.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Adam Silver has already said that the players and the league need to be prepared to play the season, even if COVID is prevalent in its ranks.  I think even he knows that someone within the bubble will get it sooner or later.  The question is, how many people around that person will get it?

The question also is . . did the NBA play for possible delays with the playoffs, within that playing schedule they put out?  And will the postpone the players if star players contract the virus, and wait for them to be medically cleared, before resuming?  I think the 2nd point is a big possibility.  No way would you want to see Lakers vs Bucks in the playoffs, but Giannis and LeBron are out because of the 'Rona.  May as well put the Finals on pause for 2 weeks, and let their bodies get rid of the virus.

The schedule is structured for all playoffs series going 7 games. That's as far as I've seen.

Testing begins Wednesday - it'll be interesting to see what the initial percentages look like.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The schedule is structured for all playoffs series going 7 games. That's as far as I've seen.

Testing begins Wednesday - it'll be interesting to see what the initial percentages look like.

My guess is 2% or 20 players / personnel will have it.  Whenever they do testing, it seems as if 3% - 5% of the same group has it.  If these guys are going out, or having get-togethers at their houses with a crowd of people, it wouldn't surprise me if a few of them had it.  It'll be just like the Ekezkiel Elliott situation.  And those guys may be fine, even though they're infected.

I think eventually, COVID will be treated like the flu.  If you can play through it, you'll be allowed to after 7 - 10 days.