• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

And so....it begins! NBA Season Restarts! July 30th - October 12th.

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
On 6/21/2020 at 6:38 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

Testing up, % of positive results down from cumulative since 3/18 at 7.6% for the data last reported for the week 6/13 -6/20 according to CDC .  There is a 4-6 day lag for all the data CDC also reports.  Since 3/18 the % of tests that reported positive are 9.9%

image.png

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/covidview/index.html

• Thanks 3

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, turnermx said:

Testing up, % of positive results down from cumulative since 3/18 at 7.6% for the data last reported for the week 6/13 -6/20 according to CDC .  There is a 4-6 day lag for all the data CDC also reports.  Since 3/18 the % of tests that reported positive are 9.9%

image.png

Is there info on Hospital admission rates?

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Is there info on Hospital admission rates?

Yes ma'am! Attached here.  Hospitalization rates  have been high for a while and still creeping up now at 300 per 100,000 for population age 65+.. it looks like the 50+ group also rose some still too high.  Hopefully that comes down.  I would also like to see this for each state separately. 

COVID-19-NET_Image.png

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, turnermx said:

image.png

With Florida it depends how you slice the data.  While the % of positives is down from March it has been up relative to where it was more recently (both total # of positive and % of positives has been up since reopening relative to the then current rate prior to reopening).

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Of course, Michelle Roberts is against it. Surprise surprise.

She takes her direction from the players. It's not like she'll make a decision on her own. My guess this has been discussed with the NBPA at some level.

sources have also said all along that the NBPA might not agree to any such proposal. 

13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

She takes her direction from the players. It's not like she'll make a decision on her own. My guess this has been discussed with the NBPA at some level.

Most of the players probably want to play, but everything is a leverage play. 

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, AHF said:

With Florida it depends how you slice the data.  While the % of positives is down from March it has been up relative to where it was more recently (both total # of positive and % of positives has been up since reopening relative to the then current rate prior to reopening).

Sorry I should have specified that the stats there were for all the national cases, not state specific. I think the CDC tracks those of individual states as well I just haven't dug in to them. 

• Moderators

NBA players have been the most effective spokespeople for a wide variety of products among sports stars for years.  They have very effectively pitched shoes, soda, media, cars, phones, insurance, food, etc.

I think resuming play hands the players a big stage and enormous opportunity to make very effective case for needed social reform.  There are few entertainers as well recognized and as closely watched as NBA stars.  The league and the players putting their best foot forward on this could result in a really meaningful legacy for the league and the nation.  I hope FVV isn't wasting time feeling ashamed for signing on to a return to play.  He and the rest of the NBA have a big opportunity as the first big North American return to sports.  They can leverage that to good effect if they put their minds to it. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, AHF said:

They have very effectively pitched shoes, soda, media, cars, phones, insurance, food, etc.

I’ll add jersey’s. My latest was Cam last summer. But I’m a sucker for them. 

Agree with all you said AHF. Big stage and they can change the landscape of society or at least have a major impacting in reforming and reshaping society.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

NBA players have been the most effective spokespeople for a wide variety of products among sports stars for years.  They have very effectively pitched shoes, soda, media, cars, phones, insurance, food, etc.

I think resuming play hands the players a big stage and enormous opportunity to make very effective case for needed social reform.  There are few entertainers as well recognized and as closely watched as NBA stars.  The league and the players putting their best foot forward on this could result in a really meaningful legacy for the league and the nation.  I hope FVV isn't wasting time feeling ashamed for signing on to a return to play.  He and the rest of the NBA have a big opportunity as the first big North American return to sports.  They can leverage that to good effect if they put their minds to it. 

That's all true. It'll be interesting to see how the 'I just want my sports, I watch sports to get away from real life' crowd responds.

5 hours ago, AHF said:

Do they think that without basketball they will remain relevant? Maybe for a little while, but sooner or later your star fades. I don't see how they have a louder voice without basketball. The train is leaving the station whether you get aboard or not. If FVV wants to follow Kyrie into that good night of "I dont need the NBA", then go right ahead.