• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

And so....it begins! NBA Season Restarts! July 30th - October 12th.

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

Two Suns players test positive for COVID-19

Two Phoenix Suns players have tested positive for coronavirus, sources have informed The Arizona Republic. The positive tests led to Suns temporarily shutting down voluntary workouts at Arizona Veterans Memorial Coliseum, sources say. Mikal Bridges, Elie Okobo, Frank Kaminsky III, Dario Saric, Jevon Carter, Aron Baynes, Jalen Lecque and Cheick Diallo have participated in them based on a video the team posted earlier this month in their “Don’t Sleep on Basketball” series. The players were having workouts at the arena Tuesday morning. There has been a notable increase in COVID-19 cases in Arizona.

I think I'm gonna start stretchin'.  Sooner or later, we're gonna need fans to pop into the bubble just to help 'em finish out the season.

Making light, but this sh*t ain't funny.  Y'all keep going out sans masks if y'all want to.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

Some are terrified, not only for the people who could spend up to three months in COVID-19 ravaged Florida starting in mid-July but also for the incredible damage the league could incur for years to come if too many players test positive and it all comes crashing down.

“If the cases keep spiking in Florida, things are going to happen,” one GM told The Athletic on Monday. “I’m really, really concerned for the league big-picture wise in many, many ways.”

Others are mildly concerned, trusting of Commissioner Adam Silver and his staff that shared their 113-page “Health and Safety Protocols” memo with teams last week but also wary of the physical risks and mental health challenges that this unnatural environment will present for players and staff members alike. And that was before the positive tests of players such as Denver’s Nikola Jokic started rolling in on Tuesday.

“It’s the hindsight of ‘Was it worth it?’ that worries me,” another GM said. “If something happens, it’s (the question of) ‘Was it worth it?’ If everything goes great, it’s historic, and it’ll be remembered throughout history. ‘Remember the Bubble?’ or whatever they’re going to call it. It’ll be a special thing as long as we can make it through.”

There are a select few GMs who are more optimistic than the rest too, including one who cited the decrease of the death rate among coronavirus patients as a positive sign that treatment is believed to be improving.

“The issue is relative risk (to a team’s home market) — not the risk of the Orlando campus,” the GM explained. “I believe (we’re) safer in (the) Orlando campus, given all the precautions.”

Said another, who gushed about the job Silver & Co. have done: “I think the precautions the NBA is taking to enhance the safety of the bubble participants are nothing short of extraordinary. … Once (everyone is) on campus, I think (people within the league) will appreciate the NBA’s work on this.”

Unpopular opinion here, but instead of testing players, they should just do fever, wellness checks like most other businesses. If Walmart or Kroger tested their employees for Covid-19 twice a week, there would be so many positives they probably wouldn't have enough staff to stay open. Covid-19 is ubiquitous, and extremely hard to contain. I'm just not sure any business, basketball or otherwise, can operate this way.