• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

And so....it begins! NBA Season Restarts! July 30th - October 12th.

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators
15 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think this is sounding like an iffy plan.   I wonder how many players on teams that probably won't make the playoffs or even 7/8 seeds are going to opt out.   If i'm a pending free agent on one of those teams i'd think long and hard about it.   

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I think this is sounding like an iffy plan.   I wonder how many players on teams that probably won't make the playoffs or even 7/8 seeds are going to opt out.   If i'm a pending free agent on one of those teams i'd think long and hard about it.   

Cancel the season.....The Champion will always have an asterisk anyway..lol

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't get the logic behind this. Only Players on lock down. This is no bubble.

Things are getting even more interesting.

This is all negotiation leverage. Probably very few players sit out when it's all said and done. 

Edited by bleachkit

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

This is all negotiation leverage. Probably very few players sit out when it's all said and done. 

At this point it's not about playing or not playing, it's under what conditions they are willing to play.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't get the logic behind this. Only Players on lock down. This is no bubble.

Here is the key on this one:  

per a Disney union official

Disney needs to negotiate with their union to work out some kind of bonus, pay premium, etc. to get a staff that are in bubble.  Perhaps Disney is asking the NBA to pick that up. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

In other words, no play, no pay. You'd think they would have a better understanding of NBA's business model. 

It has already been noted that players who will opt not to play in the bubble will not be paid.

It just seems that the players weren't asked by their respective team reps if they wanted to play and under what conditions.