• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

And so....it begins! NBA Season Restarts! July 30th - October 12th.

JayBirdHawk

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

That makes no sense.

I don't understand why sports leagues in particular have to have testing and precautions above and beyond that of any other business. Hospitals are not testing their nurses and doctors for Covid-19 as much as NBA is testing their players for Covid-19. Explain to me why NBA players need these monumental safeguards, which are not being employed to other businesses, and even healthcare workers. It's irrational. If you have a good answer for this inexplicable discrepancy, not cheap shots or ad hominems, I love to hear it. 

2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

I don't understand why sports leagues in particular have to have testing and precautions above and beyond that of any other business. Hospitals are not testing their nurses and doctors for Covid-19 as much as NBA is testing their players for Covid-19. Explain to me why NBA players need these monumental safeguards, which are not being employed to other businesses, and even healthcare workers. It's irrational. If you have a good answer for this inexplicable discrepancy, not cheap shots or ad hominems, I love to hear it. 

NBA players generate more money than individual hospital workers or essential employees. Our society priorities that above all else. That's really it.

• Moderators
11 hours ago, bleachkit said:

A bunch of reason but mainly that it's hard to replace Lebron or Giannis at their jobs.  Unlike most cashiers and stock clerks (no offense).

NBA isn't protecting the players.  It's protecting their money.  

And another point in general is that we have to keep the number of people that the infected infect to a minimum or it will be so much more widespread.  

• Premium Member
All staff members of Finals teams, mind you, will go approximately three months without seeing their families. If nothing else, it’s quite the culture shock to each family’s system after these past three months where they were home so much more than ever before. A source said Boston coach Brad Stevens has consistently pushed the league to reconsider its ruling that the families of staff members will not be allowed.

• Moderators
44 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

A bunch of reason but mainly that it's hard to replace Lebron or Giannis at their jobs.  Unlike most cashiers and stock clerks (no offense).

NBA isn't protecting the players.  It's protecting their money.  

And another point in general is that we have to keep the number of people that the infected infect to a minimum or it will be so much more widespread.  

Also, employers don't have the resources that the NBA does.  They lack the ability to test people like the NBA.  It is not a choice they are simply passing on.  It isn't available to them.

The NBA has contractually committed to the NBAPA as part of their agreement to restart to provide that extra level of due diligence.  They need to follow through on it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Also, employers don't have the resources that the NBA does.  They lack the ability to test people like the NBA.  It is not a choice they are simply passing on.  It isn't available to them.

The NBA has contractually committed to the NBAPA as part of their agreement to restart to provide that extra level of due diligence.  They need to follow through on it.

So Walmart, with a market capitalization of 338 billion dollars, does not have the resources to the test their employees? That is complete bull. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

So Walmart, with a market capitalization of 338 billion dollars, does not have the resources to the test their employees? That is complete bull. 

How many employees does Walmart have and compare that to the minuscule amount of NBA players.  Like WTF is your point. You act like testing people is some damn crime.  

Why are you so angry about the coronavirus? You are getting what you wanted.  They are returning. 

4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

How many employees does Walmart have and compare that to the minuscule amount of NBA players.  Like WTF is your point. You act like testing people is some damn crime.  

Why are you so angry about the coronavirus? You are getting what you wanted.  They are returning. 

Who said I was angry? My point is that the onerous burden being placed on sports leagues in terms of Covid-19 testing and precautions, compared to every other sector and business, is ridiculous and irrational. There is no argument for sports leagues to need testing and isolation measures far above and beyond other sectors, including health care. 

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Who said I was angry? My point is that the onerous burden being placed on sports leagues in terms of Covid-19 testing and precautions, compared to every other sector and business, is ridiculous and irrational. There is no argument for sports leagues to need testing and isolation measures far above and beyond other sectors, including health care. 

Players aren't going to be ok with no testing and being the world's guinea pigs, quarantining without their families for 3 months just to entertain the masses.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Players aren't going to be ok with no testing and being the world's guinea pigs, quarantining without their families for 3 months just to entertain the masses.

The world's guinea pigs? Again, how are they at greater risk than anybody else? They aren't. I'm not the one demanding they go into a 3 month quarantine. The motivation behind these stringent measures is PR first and foremost. 

Edited by bleachkit

11 minutes ago, kg01 said:

He just wants to be angry.  Back away and let him.  He'll look back and realize he's being ridiculous.

You couldn't answer my question, so you went to the ad hominem. Shocked. I will ask you again. Why do professional athletes need Covid-19 testing and precautions above and beyond that of every other business, including health care workers? 

22 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

You couldn't answer my question, so you went to the ad hominem. Shocked. I will ask you again. Why do professional athletes need Covid-19 testing and precautions above and beyond that of every other business, including health care workers? 

They've already answered your question, several times over.  You just don't like the answer so you're choosing to continue shaking your fist at windmills.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

The world's guinea pigs? Again, how are they at greater risk than anybody else? They aren't. I'm not the one demanding they go into a 3 month quarantine. The motivation behind these stringent measures is PR first and foremost. 

So Now no quarantine on top of no testing....:blanky:.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

@AHF explained it to you. It's not above and beyond. I'm pretty sure if they US only had to test  1,000 people everyone could get a test .

You act like liability doesn't exist. Let's say LeBron gets it and there's no testing available and it severally damages his lungs.  You know the NBA could get sued for negligence because they weren't taking proper precautions. 

The NBA isn't doing this for PR. Like how many of us actually care if they are in a bubble. NO ONE.  They are doing it to make sure they aren't held liable.  

Many businesses are doing temperature checks and turning people away with temperatures. The NBA can afford to test their players and do temp check because it's not that many of them.   My business does temp checks and we turn employees with temps around at the door and tell them to go get tested, if they are having other symptoms. 

Again, if you think this is some hoax or something you probably should talk to my uncle about it. It almost killed him and he's still not right.  It shouldn't have to personally affect you for you to give a damn about people. You don't know who they have in their lives or what. You're literally complaining to complain.

Edited by marco102
  • Thanks 1