• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

And so....it begins! NBA Season Restarts! July 30th - October 12th.

JayBirdHawk

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think they want it to resume due to the financial implications. Its funny how things change when faced with real adversity. When the season was first suspended, LeBron said no way he plays without the fans in attendance. They are all he plays for.

Saving some semblance of a season and several 100 million dollars is the priority now for all the players and owners. They need to get to at least 70 games and then they need the playoffs.

• Like 1

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29167773/nba-owners-execs-hopeful-return-call-adam-silver

There will be a season (highly likely)! They addressed an important issue in the article, about if a players tests positive for Covid-19. Players testing positive will have to be quarantined, but league will continue. Didn't have a lot of details, but basically said some players will inevitably test positive and that will not result in a shut down. I'm glad people are finally coming to their senses.

Edited by bleachkit

• Moderators

There is an enormous financial incentive for everyone to hit that 70 game mark.  Any resumption would also involve playoffs.  Lots of devil in the details on this which will require work from the players and owners but seeing how resumption for the EPL and other sports functions will be instructive.

• Moderators
6 hours ago, AHF said:

There is an enormous financial incentive for everyone to hit that 70 game mark.  Any resumption would also involve playoffs.  Lots of devil in the details on this which will require work from the players and owners but seeing how resumption for the EPL and other sports functions will be instructive.

I would think there would be some negotiation on that 70 game mark if they can get an attractive playoff scenario together.  

• Moderators
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Resuming regular season at this point just seems stupid.  Start the playoffs.   

Financially, they need another half dozen games to hit that 70 game clause in the TV contracts.  I 100% agree with you and hope we tank those useless games but I have a hard time seeing play resume without them hitting that threshold unless they get a waiver from their TV partners.

• Moderators

mid July?  I would have thought sooner if they are doing it at all.  That would almost certainly have to be playoffs only and probably appreviated at that.  Although i think they have probably decided on a christmas start for the next season.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

mid July?  I would have thought sooner if they are doing it at all.  That would almost certainly have to be playoffs only and probably appreviated at that.  Although i think they have probably decided on a christmas start for the next season.

The 2021 Season will be pushed back to December, maybe January, so that'll give them time to complete the 2020 season with enough of a break in between.