• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Stephen A. and BSPN are at it again:

TRW

3 minutes ago, TRW said:

Guys, this politicking has to stop. Stephen A. Smith said Bradley Beal would be a good #1 option, an elite #2, and a spectacular #3 option. He said Kyrie and Beal would be box office. Kyrie and Beal would be the worst defensive backcourt in NBA history. BSPN and all these media politicians need to stop trying to push these star players to certain teams and cities. Brooklyn would have to give up Lavert, Dinwiddie, and the afro, killing their depth. K.D. and D Jordan's defense wouldn't be able to overcome the deficiencies of that backcourt. 

This is my real beef with Stephen A. He made the statement Trae Young's numbers don't mean anything. The man said 30pts. and 10asts. doesn't mean anything because he's not winning, but you can glorify Bradley Beal for averaging 30 on a losing team and he's been in the league over 5 years and hasn't got past the second round. Really? If Trae Young was a knick, he'd be 💋 ing his butt right now. 

They don't to the national guys as it doesn't equal wins. Since he's only in year 2, I am optimistic on Trae but I do believe he has to make a big jump impact wise on the game. That said, a lot of Atlanta's issues ARE NOT Trae's fault. 

Beal has earned his respect. He been a mfer in the playoffs for the Wizards in the past and they are doing this without John Wall, one of the best PG's in the NBA. He has earned leeway with them. Trae hasn't for them. It's not that hard to understand even if I don't like it like you. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

Maybe I’m wrong but I thought beal was once upon a time a average defender. I mean I’m too lazy to look at his defensive numbers in the past but I could have sworn he was at least a average defender during the seasons him and wall were healthy .

and IF that is the case then I wouldn’t be shocked if he could get back to being an average defender. 

I may be trippin on the other hand thinking of someone else but I could have sworn beal was average defender once upon a time before this season.

3 minutes ago, JTB said:

Maybe I’m wrong but I thought beal was once upon a time a average defender. I mean I’m too lazy to look at his defensive numbers in the past but I could have sworn he was at least a average defender during the seasons him and wall were healthy .

and IF that is the case then I wouldn’t be shocked if he could get back to being an average defender. 

I may be trippin on the other hand thinking of someone else but I could have sworn beal was average defender once upon a time before this season.

That's actually the impression I had as well.  It's why I've always seen him as better than Chuk McCollum.

Not sure why he fell off a cliff defensively. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, JTB said:

You're not wrong. He was actually good defensively.

15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

That's actually the impression I had as well.  It's why I've always seen him as better than Chuk McCollum.

He just fell off the cliff this year. Probably with no John Wall for another year in a tank season he just played offense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You're not wrong. He was actually good defensively.

He just fell off the cliff this year. Probably with no John Wall for another year in a tank season he just played offense.

It wasn’t just beal however...I know that, that wizards team at least based on numbers were worst than our hawks across the board (at least last I checked they were)...and it’s hard to imagine worse defensive bigs compared to our Bigs prior to the trade deadline.

Anyways I’m not one to believe that one bad season tells us a player isn’t capable of doing something anymore especially not at the age 26 like beal....with that said i bet beal gets back to being a good defender next season since he showed that he was prior to this season. Thanks for confirming @JayBirdHawk

interestingly enough since he was a good defender not too long ago .... I wonder what keeps Schlenk from going after him to pair him with Young in the back court. I would think if Schlenk believed he could get back to good defense he’d go after him since he fits the age gap with our young core...on top of that we all know he can flat out score like Trae so that’s one deadly scoring back court.

unfortunately the trade would cost us Collins probably. Then again just to pipe dream a little...if we got the number 1 pick and traded it along with huerter or hunter for beal , the wizards may bite at that. Two lottery draft picks is damn near better than anything the nets could offer the wizards right now based on what the nets are willing trade for beal.

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, JTB said:

It wasn’t just beal however...I know that, that wizards team at least based on numbers were worst than our hawks across the board (at least last I checked they were)...and it’s hard to imagine worse defensive bigs compared to our Bigs prior to the trade deadline.

Anyways I’m not one to believe that one bad season tells us a player isn’t capable of doing something anymore especially not at the age 26 like beal....with that said i bet beal gets back to being a good defender next season since he showed that he was prior to this season. Thanks for confirming @JayBirdHawk

interestingly enough since he was a good defender not too long ago .... I wonder what keeps Schlenk from going after him to pair him with Young in the back court. I would think if Schlenk believed he could get back to good defense he’d go after him since he fits the age gap with our young core...on top of that we all know he can flat out score like Trae so that’s one deadly scoring back court.

unfortunately the trade would cost us Collins probably. Then again just to pipe dream a little...if we got the number 1 pick and traded it along with huerter or hunter for beal , the wizards may bite at that. Two lottery draft picks is damn near better than anything the nets could offer the wizards right now based on what the nets are willing trade for beal.

Because he isn't available and what the Nets are reportedly offering isn't enough for the Wizards. It's a NY slanted rumor from a NY guy.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Because he isn't available and what the Nets are reportedly offering isn't enough for the Wizards. It's a NY slanted rumor from a NY guy.

The same guy who said Trae would be perfect as a Knick. He's a troll

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2020 at 6:31 PM, kg01 said:

Wall could take the toughest guard; leaving Beal with a easier defender. This season it was not as easy to do that. SAS will be eating crow by the end of the year for his remarks on Trae Young. Provided SAS is man enough to bring it up again on National TV. I doubt it.

Beal's numbers on a losing team is great. Trae on a losing team is putting up empty stats. The man spews nothing but utter rubbish.

On 5/23/2020 at 12:23 PM, AHF said:

SAS is a loudmouth who says provocative things for attention.  Much more about attention than content.  Moving from David Aldridge to SAS was like watching the network dumb down its content in real time.  Unfortunately, the American public has shown an insatiable appetite for attention seeking blowhards.

Now he's one of the highest paid blowhards in sports media. ESPN makes some head scratching decisions, despite being the so-called world wide leader. But they do have a vice like grip on the NBA. Do any other major networks even bid against them for TV rights?

Edited by bleachkit

2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Now he's one of the highest paid blowhards in sports media. ESPN makes some head scratching decisions, despite being the world wide leader. 

I think his controversial image and talk spikes their ratings. I am of the mindset that he says stupid things on purpose. He is the perfect example of what a good journalist does not want to be.

A good journalist reports the news and does not want to be the news. SAS hardly ever reports anything. Its usually 2nd hand knowledge and he blows it up with his rants for the ratings. He makes good money so he is not someones fool. He is more like a cartoon character whose scripts are suppose to make him look like a blow hard and a fool.

If you take him seriously, then you should take Bluto, Wile E. Coyote, or any other foolish looking clowns from Saturday morning cartoons seriously. He even plays on that with his stupid Dr. Evil impersonation.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2020 at 11:57 AM, TRW said:

Guys, this politicking has to stop. Stephen A. Smith said Bradley Beal would be a good #1 option, an elite #2, and a spectacular #3 option. He said Kyrie and Beal would be box office. Kyrie and Beal would be the worst defensive backcourt in NBA history. BSPN and all these media politicians need to stop trying to push these star players to certain teams and cities. Brooklyn would have to give up Lavert, Dinwiddie, and the afro, killing their depth. K.D. and D Jordan's defense wouldn't be able to overcome the deficiencies of that backcourt. 

This is my real beef with Stephen A. He made the statement Trae Young's numbers don't mean anything. The man said 30pts. and 10asts. doesn't mean anything because he's not winning, but you can glorify Bradley Beal for averaging 30 on a losing team and he's been in the league over 5 years and hasn't got past the second round. Really? If Trae Young was a knick, he'd be 💋 ing his butt right now. 

Stephen A made his name by his opinions (takes), not factual content. Same as Skip Bayless and the rest.................Skip still wont admit he was wrong about Trae...(now hes basing it off of the Hawks record)

Edited by terrell
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, terrell said:

Stephen A made his name by his opinions (takes), not factual content. Same as Skip Bayless and the rest.................Skip still wont admit he was wrong about Trae...(now hes basing it off of the Hawks record)

About the only good thing about either Skip or SAS is they will admit when they are wrong. The issue is sometimes it takes years and then people forget. Perfect example is right here. In order for Skip to be wrong, the Hawks have to at least get to a Eastern Conference Final. By then this clip will be forgotten about or Skip will be retired.