• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Perpetual Preseason Watch

lethalweapon3

• lethalweapon3 changed the title to Hawks Perpetual Preseason Watch
32 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Ya'll really don't know how good Clint has been. My guy has gotten text back saying Clint is the real deal and it was a steal. The thing is, HOU knew this and knew how good he was early this season before he got injured how good he was. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Ya'll really don't know how good Clint has been. My guy has gotten text back saying Clint is the real deal and it was a steal. The thing is, HOU knew this and knew how good he was early this season before he got injured how good he was. 

That's awesome. Im glad to hear that. I really hope we can bring in some more similarly impactful players. They dont all have to be max players, but just smart vets, with winning pedigrees that still have something to prove and offer to our young guys. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Clint's gonna be our biggest off season pick up.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, kg01 said:

we're just not gonna talk about it?

We're just gonna let collins get away with this horrible headband look?

You changed, hawksquawk.

lol. At least he's letting his hair grow back...

• Like 2

• Premium Member

• Pierce said Young is still growing as a leader, and these two weeks give him an opportunity to show he has grown in this area. “He still has to navigate through a lot of things, but he’s our best player,” Pierce said. “Eventually, he’s going to be our sole leader. Even if we get some veterans and free agents in here, we go as Trae goes• Trae Young has been impressed with what he has seen out of Capela: “He’s been playing well. He’s talking. You can tell the veteran leadership he has from being around guys like James (Harden) and (Chris Paul). You can tell from the things he says and how he’s so communicative on the defensive end.”

• De’Andre Hunter said he wants to improve his ball-handling ability, too, so he can make plays for himself and others. We didn’t get to see much of Hunter in an on-ball role, but I can’t see him developing into a secondary playmaker.

Hunter acknowledged that defense was hard for him entering the season because of having to learn a new concept than he was used to in college. Virginia’s schemes are very different than what we see in the NBA, so now that he has a season under his belt, perhaps he’ll be much better than he was this season because he certainly wasn’t as good as advertised coming out of school. “Throughout the season, I definitely got better,” Hunter said.

@NBASupes kept saying this about Hunter.)

• Hunter also said that he and Cam Reddish need to continue to be more aggressive next season because Hunter felt they were a bit passive at times.

• Reddish said he wasn’t happy with how he started his rookie season but felt like he was headed toward where he eventually can be in this league, which is a productive two-way wing. He felt like he ended the season well, and when asked if he has something to prove next season he said, “I do feel like I have something to prove. I don’t know if I have something to prove other than to myself.”

• Bruno Fernando said Capela has been a “big brother” for him since Capela was acquired. Fernando said Capela was someone he watched a lot of when he was in high school and college and was always someone who was mentioned as a player he could mirror in the NBA. An interesting quote from Fernando was when he was talking about what he saw out of himself after re-watching every game he played during this offseason. He realized how indecisive he was because he was “scared of making mistakes.” I do believe having Capela and Dedmon ahead of him on the depth chart will be a good thing for Fernando because there won’t be as much pressure on him to produce this year. He played more minutes last season than he should have played.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I do believe having Capela and Dedmon ahead of him on the depth chart will be a good thing for Fernando because there won’t be as much pressure on him to produce this year. He played more minutes last season than he should have played.

That's a bunch of crap. 

When you play Vince extensive minutes at the 4, and Damon Jones playing minutes at the 5, there's no reason why Bruno shouldn't have averaged at least 16 minutes per game, and played in EVERY game.  He only averaged 12.7 minutes a game.

We had no aspirations for the playoffs, so the goal should've been to develop all of the rookies. Cam got off to a horrendous start, but LP stuck with him, and even recalibrated his role.

Bruno was afraid to make mistakes because every time he made one, LP would yank him right out of the game.  A player can't function like that.

And . . if people really thought he shouldn't have played that many minutes at the NBA level, why not send him down to College Park for an extended period of time?

• Like 1