• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Perpetual Preseason Watch

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

Pierce noted that there weren’t a ton of specific basketball goals set for the team, as in such a short period of time, it would be a challenge to run down a checklist of things to try to accomplish. He was instead more focused on connection for the 15 players involved.

“Competition, commitment, and care,” was the trio of focus outlined by Pierce today. “We want to compete. I don’t care what we do, if it’s one-on-one, if’s a shooting competition. I want our guys to compete.”   Pierce continued outlining his vision for the Hawks’ camp bubble.

“The commitment side is really just about us working on some different things,” Pierce continued. “You can talk your way through it, that commitment to each other is a main focus for us in these two weeks.”

“The care part, Travis [Schlenk] talked about bonding as a team. When you bond you get to know each other...we have to connect. Having Clint here is extremely important from a connection standpoint, forget the basketball. We get to know what he’s like on the court, we get to hear his voice and we get to spend some time with him off the court.”

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

We are technically still in asset collecting mode according to Schlenk's original 7 year timeline. Hopefully he has decided to speed things up a bit.

I don't remember the 7 year timeline, but having used the #17 pick (asset acquired in the Crabbe trade) on a Capela, I would say that is pressing the gas a little bit more.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

We are technically still in asset collecting mode according to Schlenk's original 7 year timeline. Hopefully he has decided to speed things up a bit.

No GM gets a 7 year timeline.  If he's not producing positive results by Year 3, Year 4 should be the make or break year for the GM and coach.  Just like Year 4 is the make or break year for a player ( from a pay day standpoint ).

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

No GM gets a 7 year timeline.  If he's not producing positive results by Year 3, Year 4 should be the make or break year for the GM and coach.  Just like Year 4 is the make or break year for a player ( from a pay day standpoint ).

Fair enough, but I'm just telling you what he said when we hired him.