• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Games on YoutubeTV

Jody23

• Moderators

Update on ATT Now.

Hawks games are really good w/roku attnow.  the 15 second skip ahead is pretty instant which is nice.   $80 / month includes hbo max so it's ok deal

One note though.  They are in some kind of fight so there is no NBC right now.  So that sucks

they do direct you to locast.org which has streaming apps where you can get all your local over the air stations for free.   No dvr or anything but it's pretty good to have that option.

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Update on ATT Now.

Hawks games are really good w/roku attnow.  the 15 second skip ahead is pretty instant which is nice.   $80 / month includes hbo max so it's ok deal

One note though.  They are in some kind of fight so there is no NBC right now.  So that sucks

they do direct you to locast.org which has streaming apps where you can get all your local over the air stations for free.   No dvr or anything but it's pretty good to have that option.

You should just go with the free option.  I bought YoutubeTV for my mom and teaching her how to use an entirely new app would cost me more than $65 per month (she lives about 250 miles from me now).  

I just think we should keep our streaming options and not give Sinclair the views until they are more sensible with the streaming companies. I don't want to have to pay a regional sports fee with streaming, like cable copanies charge us.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, marco102 said:

You should just go with the free option.  I bought YoutubeTV for my mom and teaching her how to use an entirely new app would cost me more than $65 per month (she lives about 250 miles from me now).  

I just think we should keep our streaming options and not give Sinclair the views until they are more sensible with the streaming companies. I don't want to have to pay a regional sports fee with streaming, like cable copanies charge us.

Good point. Switching providers is a win for Sinclair. NBA really needs to take a closer look at this situation. 

• Moderators

With At&t you basically have to pay an extra fee as FSSE is not in their basic package.    I don't know the solution but ultimately there should be a way to make money with a platform that actually lets you choose the channels you want to pay for.   I could probably get by with about 4 channels that are on my $80/month package.    This was the promise of 'streaming' tv. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

With At&t you basically have to pay an extra fee as FSSE is not in their basic package.    I don't know the solution but ultimately there should be a way to make money with a platform that actually lets you choose the channels you want to pay for.   I could probably get by with about 4 channels that are on my $80/month package.    This was the promise of 'streaming' tv. 

The streaming services are becoming more and more like cable. Continually raising their prices and charging you for channels you doing want or need.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had youtube tv, but just now switched to ATT now thanks to this thread. I don't like the set up at all. Also, there is no option to record all Hawks, falcons, or braves games. I hit record series on hawks game and it records all NBA games. Also there is no way to "extend" recording to keep me from missing the end of game if it goes long.

Has anyone hear figured out how to do this or is it just how it is? I feel like I went back in time like 20 years. Can't believe this is how ATT DVR actually works. 

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I’m pretty happy with YouTubeTV.  They’re DVR is the best out of everyone.  They just sent me the new chromecast for free too.  It’s got the fox sports go app built in and it’s nice having that instead of casting from my phone.  Helps that I have access to my mom’s XFINITY account to stream the games.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ViperXX79 said:

I’m pretty happy with YouTubeTV.  They’re DVR is the best out of everyone.  They just sent me the new chromecast for free too.  It’s got the fox sports go app built in and it’s nice having that instead of casting from my phone.  Helps that I have access to my mom’s XFINITY account to stream the games.

Im sticking with YouTubeTV as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I've got no way to get Hawks on youttubetv.  so that sucks

For At&t now @JRid i'm having the same issues.   As far as extending you can set a series recording for the postgame show i think in case it goes over.  But yeah it's pretty crummy compared to youtubetv.

Thanks. I really am wondering how they haven't done a better job. Im using a firestick and when I fast forward or reverse it doesn't do 15 seconds, it just blindly goes forward or back. 

I have a sony tv with Android built in, but I can't use that and my good sony remote because ATT hasn't developed an app for sony tv. Unbelievable.