• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Games on YoutubeTV

Jody23

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JRid said:

Thanks. I really am wondering how they haven't done a better job. Im using a firestick and when I fast forward or reverse it doesn't do 15 seconds, it just blindly goes forward or back. 

I have a sony tv with Android built in, but I can't use that and my good sony remote because ATT hasn't developed an app for sony tv. Unbelievable.

Yeah.  i have a firestick and roku and it works better on the roku.   The left right arrows jump 15 seconds pretty quickly.   and fast forward works well in that the little picture is clear enough to see the score.  Those are about the only things they got right.   

Youtubetv has a freeze account option that you can freeze it for 2 months without losing all your stuff.  I may do that soon in hopes that FSSE gets back on there.  I doubt it though.  

March we may have Fox regional direct streaming as we get close to the baseball season.  Hopefully it's decent but not holding my breath.  

• 8 months later...
  • Premium Member
19 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Has this been solved with YouTube and Hulu? Will we be getting Hawks ball back.

Unfortunately, it has not.  It looks like Sinclair is developing their own Bally Sports streaming app and plan to launch it next year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
On 9/5/2021 at 2:18 PM, Jody23 said:

Unfortunately, it has not.  It looks like Sinclair is developing their own Bally Sports streaming app and plan to launch it next year.

Yeah still only on the att streaming app which is now called Directv Stream.   And it still kind of sucks but it works.   It's also like $90 which is crazy.  

Going to be interesting to see the price on this bally app as well as if they let you record games and fast forward etc.   Think we might be stuck with watching commercials and I'll be very surprised if the app is decent out of the gate.    If it is though this could be really bad news for these cable tv-like streaming services as this is the only reason i even have one.  

• Like 3

• 7 months later...
  • Moderators
16 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

They keep promising it.   It was supposed to be before the baseball season.   A streaming app isn't rocket surgery these days.   This isn't a technical delay.   This is a monetization issue that who knows if they will get it worked out.   Att and comcast are probably pulling out all the stops to keep the teams/leagues from allowing this because this will be a big nail in the coffin of expensive TV packages.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

They keep promising it.   It was supposed to be before the baseball season.   A streaming app isn't rocket surgery these days.   This isn't a technical delay.   This is a monetization issue that who knows if they will get it worked out.   Att and comcast are probably pulling out all the stops to keep the teams/leagues from allowing this because this will be a big nail in the coffin of expensive TV packages.  

Luckily, they have improved the BallySports App.  I mean it's still trash.  Just not a landfill anymore. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

https://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-braves/will-braves-telecasts-join-bally-sports-new-20-per-month-service/7BUN2GJUJBCKPOKEYIYNDI3FJ4/

I don't have ajc but curious if someone can summarize.   Here's what i know.

Bally plus app coming out in June for $20/month - which is a lot but way cheaper than cable/directvstream

Right now the Braves will NOT be on it 😒

Curious if the article mentions the Hawks at all.   If they are going to be on it then I'm cancelling dtvstream now. 

• Premium Member

21 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

https://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-braves/will-braves-telecasts-join-bally-sports-new-20-per-month-service/7BUN2GJUJBCKPOKEYIYNDI3FJ4/

I don't have ajc but curious if someone can summarize.   Here's what i know.

Bally plus app coming out in June for $20/month - which is a lot but way cheaper than cable/directvstream

Right now the Braves will NOT be on it 😒

Curious if the article mentions the Hawks at all.   If they are going to be on it then I'm cancelling dtvstream now. 

NBA and Hawks have a deal

image.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
7 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

image.png

Thanks!  Liberty Media.   Doesn't think it's attractive for most teams?.  They've already got 5 doing it.  

I'm really not sure how the money flows on these deals but it has to somehow hurt the Braves that thousands and thousands of people can't watch their games anymore.  

I ended up keeping my cable provider for the same reason Brad Roland did. With me primarily being in the Grizzlies market, ( but also within the Hawks TV market ), the Hawks were only shown on FSSE on days the Griz weren't playing.

So all of last season, I used Bally's website to watch games by signing in through my cable provider. In fact, I had access to ALL Bally regional sports networks and could watch games across the country ( NBA - NHL - limited college teams ). It was basically their version of ESPN3, which allows you to do the same thing.

Hopefully the new deal does not change the ability to watch games on the Bally sports site in this manner.

• Like 1

Oh, and NBA TV games FOR BOTH the Hawks and Griz were blacked out for me. So if both were playing at the same time, and the Hawks were on NBA TV, the Griz would be on FSSE and the Hawks would be blacked out.

Like Marco, I'd use the illegal streaming sites, but only when the Hawks were playing a non-Bally network team ( like the Wiz, Sixers, Nets and Lakers ).

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I ended up keeping my cable provider for the same reason Brad Roland did. With me primarily being in the Grizzlies market, ( but also within the Hawks TV market ), the Hawks were only shown on FSSE on days the Griz weren't playing.

So all of last season, I used Bally's website to watch games by signing in through my cable provider. In fact, I had access to ALL Bally regional sports networks and could watch games across the country ( NBA - NHL - limited college teams ). It was basically their version of ESPN3, which allows you to do the same thing.

Hopefully the new deal does not change the ability to watch games on the Bally sports site in this manner.

They've made some improvements to the app.  Still needs a little more tweeking.  I figured out the volume control issue for the game, but when it goes to the bally sports commercial break, it's super loud. 

I'm keeping my cable provider too.  Just don't see the point of paying $20 for something that's working for me now.  I wish it would return to YoutubeTV like before though.

• Moderators
14 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Thanks!  Liberty Media.   Doesn't think it's attractive for most teams?.  They've already got 5 doing it.  

I'm really not sure how the money flows on these deals but it has to somehow hurt the Braves that thousands and thousands of people can't watch their games anymore.  

It is notable that those 5 teams are five of the smallest markets or worst teams in the league.  Maybe a reflection of it being teams with fewer options for their content that are buying in.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, AHF said:

It is notable that those 5 teams are five of the smallest markets or worst teams in the league.  Maybe a reflection of it being teams with fewer options for their content that are buying in.  

Yeah.  It just doesn't make any sense to me though.   I think it's a weird transition period.   The Braves obviously felt 5-50 years ago like having every game on every TV was a good business decision.    Now I bet there are a huge amount fans who don't get the games at all.   At some point that has to hurt the product.  I realize Bally has already paid them for the rights but they can't continue to pay what they have paid if it continues to only be on cable.  Ad revenue has to suffer which you're reaching half as many as before. 

They are betting that they'll eventually get them on but what if they don't?  And how long will it take?  Meanwhile fans are kind of screwed and a lot will just lose interest especially if the Braves aren't contending. 

• Premium Member

I f-ing HATE Balley sports and their obnoxious sports ticker!

I watch a  lot of ball and you can tell the cities that are secure in themselves vs the ones that aren't based on who has a ticker and who doesn't.    NY, Chicago, Boston...none of them have sports tickers.  But all the Bally sports teams which are usually the rinky dink cities have sports tickers.  IMO its because they are terrified that people will turn the channel if god forbid the other scores aren't flashing across the screen.

• Like 1