• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do you all realize how hard it's going to be to make the playoffs this coming season??

Wurider05

No particular order: 

1. Milwaukee

2. Boston

3. Miami

4. Brooklyn

5. Indiana

6. Raptors

7. Sixers

8. Wizards

9. Orlando

That leaves Atlanta, Charlotte, New York, Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland. Those top 8 are locked in pretty much.  It's go to be a tough road. What we do have in our favor is continuity if we don't make any drastic moves. A losing record will not probably get you in this year. Damn it's going to be war!!

Edited by Wurider05
  • Like 1

• Wurider05 changed the title to Do you all realize how hard it's going to be to make the playoffs this coming season??
9 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

No particular order: 

1. Milwaukee

2. Boston

3. Miami

4. Brooklyn

5. Indiana

6. Raptors

7. Sixers

8. Wizards

9. Orlando

That leaves Atlanta, Charlotte, New York, Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland. Those top 8 are locked in pretty much.  It's go to be a tough road. What we do have in our favor is continuity if we don't make any drastic moves. A losing record will not probably get you in this year. Damn it's going to be war!!

The org is well aware

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Wurider05 said:

No particular order: 

1. Milwaukee

2. Boston

3. Miami

4. Brooklyn

5. Indiana

6. Raptors

7. Sixers

8. Wizards

9. Orlando

I have no faith in Wiz and Magic.  Depends on what Indy does with Dipo and Turner.

Besides  'PLAY-IN" games for teams 7-9.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUhawksfan said:

How are Indiana, Toronto, Washington, and Orlando locks?  No way. 

Add in the annual “I didn’t think they’d miss the playoffs” team due to injuries, chemistry, etc. and I see a definite window if we play well

I mean hell, who thought on paper that Miami would be in the finals?

I think Toronto is too good of an organization to go from super competitive to out of the playoffs just yet. People are way down on Siakam right now but he should come back stronger. I agree with the rest of your post, though.

• Like 1

10 teams total including the play in game this year.

At the same time, the teams with the ninth- and 10th-best records will play a game, with the winner of that contest then meeting the loser of the “seven-eight” game for the right to become the No. 8 seed in the playoffs.

36 minutes ago, hawkzlova123 said:

Reddish seems like he will explode. Trae reddish hayeard collin and capela all healthy in my view would pretty much solidy a playoff spot. 

Both Cam and Hunter are ready to get to the next level. I can't wait. 

• Like 2

ALWAYS !!  Off season, all the other eastern teams will all be much better than they were last season.

Name me one off season when this wasn't reported.  You can't.

But, and you can mark this down as the old rat in the barn said it, "Atlanta Hawks will be much better."  We don't have to wait.  This is true right now.  

We've added good players.  Our very young players have more experience.  And, don't forget,, we have added a very good defensive coach to Pierce's squad.  Lastly, we have the best health expert in the NBA!

Look at last season's opening roster.  Look at what we already have on our present roster.  Any questions?

:smug:

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Has anyone that wasn't supposed to be better than us for sure (1-4) made a move? It was always going to be tough, but adding a healthy Kevin, not suspended John, replacing our G-League Center with Capela/Dedmon, and internal growth alone make us competitive with 5-9, and that's without making moves. It was always going to be tough, but not impossible, and that's without even getting through the Draft and FAcy, especially depending on this potential Hayward deal.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
20 hours ago, Wurider05 said:

No particular order: 

1. Milwaukee

4. Boston

3. Miami

2. Brooklyn

Indiana

6. Raptors

5. Sixers

Wizards

Orlando

I got us coming in 7th if we were to take the teams as is. 

Atlanta vs. Brooklyn!

We lose 4-1.

Bottom line.  If we get to the playoffs, we have to avoid Brooklyn. 

It would be a major improvement to make the playoffs next year. Realistically is too early because team is too young, our core is not even 24 years old. Young, Huerter, Cam, Hunter, all are 22 and 23. Their best years are still to come.

Playoffs were achieved with 37 wins over 82, that is a jump of 12 wins. From win percentage of 30% to 45%. 

Team is improved and we are not done yet. Capela should be a great addition and having Collins and Dedmon for the full year should be a plus. And we are not done yet. Additions like Hayward, Gallinari.... should take us to next level, is that enough? Depth is the questionmark for me. Hawks lose Young or Collins to an injury and we are done. Backup PG and PF are an issue. Starting wings are also an issue. So all depends on the additions we make. Let's say we add a capabe group like Napier, KCP, Hayward and Wood and I think playoffs are possible. If we don't cover holes we will make noise but will come out short for playoff appearance. The calendar will be squeezed next year, I think injuries and rest is going to be an issue for all teams.