Free Agency 2020!!

capstone21

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Wait a minute...you were Ok paying McRib $30 million not so long ago.:ninja:.....sorry Supes I had to, I still owe you on Harrell to :cute:

I thought the contract was an overpay but it was what would you rather over JC at the max. Easily this. Honestly, I hope we don't extend JC if he isn't willing to sign a reasonable deal. We can maintain flexibility for a trade of a star and I have a bad feeling that he won't show well in the playoffs

Right now the ECF got

Durant

Giannis

Siakam

Tatum

Harris

At his position. All of those cats will destroy him and force us to use Gallo

Edited by NBASupes

I thought 3@ 30 or 4 @ 30 with a team option is what it would take for the Hawks or Knicks. But I was thinking they were going to be in a two team bidding war that never happened. This Charlotte deal came from nowhere. I am happy for them to get something to cheer about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

In order to have the salary-cap room to sign Hayward, the Hornets will waive guard-forward Nic Batum and use the NBA’s stretch provision to spread cap implications of Batum’s remaining $27 million over three seasons, an NBA source confirmed to The Observer.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/charlotte-hornets/article247260684.html

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You're gonna die alone on this hill Supes. :hehe:...Still love ya though.

Always, I don't think JC is that good. You know that. Gallo signing was perfect to me. That said, I still want JC back and for awhile as well. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I thought 3@ 30 or 4 @ 30 with a team option is what it would take for the Hawks or Knicks. But I was thinking they were going to be in a two team bidding war that never happened. This Charlotte deal came from nowhere. I am happy for them to get something to cheer about.

I said 4yr 120 would be what it would take. So I guess we didn't want to pay that, can't say I blame them. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

That said, I still want JC back and for awhile as well. 

And this is how you reel you back in!  Say nice thing just to keep people off your back and even have mods defend you until it boils over and you can't fake it anymore which compels tell the truth by saying things like I rather play Harrell 4 year 26 mil per than to pay Collins that much who received a 2 year 19 mil contract or give out in his words the worst contract this off season to avoid resigning Collins.  Don't fall for it again @AHF

Vinnie from Boston chimes in:

'Now wait a minute. Danny told us that we was getting John Collins, their 6th pick, Oladipo, Cam Reddish, five unprotected draft picks, and Anthony Davis as a throw-in for Marcus Smart and a pair of second rounders in 2038. What's the deal here???'

• Like 1
  • Haha 3