• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Agency 2020!!

capstone21

• Premium Member
Just now, Marvin24Williams said:

Aside from Ingram and AD for obvious reasons, just not a lot of names left out there once the Brogdan sweepstakes are over. Assuming we strike out on Brogdan, I'd probably try to sign Korver or Forbes and call it a wrap

If we don't get Bogi, I'm hoping we make a couple smaller signings and roll over our remaining cap to next season.

Just now, Marvin24Williams said:

Uh oh

This is from early this morning and we knew both us and LAL are both in pursuit.  nothing new here.

Just now, thecampster said:

and this is where we part ways.  JC's footwork under the basket creates opportunities for himself, rebounds and second changes for everyone and rebounds for others as he boxes out. JC's mid and long range game creates space for everyone else to operate. He is a "have a body on him at all times player". You don't get his FG% at his scoring rate on just lobs. JC is a very skilled offensive big and deserves that respect. He's a good weakside shot blocker and spent a lot of time the last 2 years covering for slow footed bigs. With Capela in the mix, JC will get league wide respect this year.

JC gets drop down double coverage whenever its dropped down to him in the post because his moves are just too good for 75% of the bigs in the league.

https://www.si.com/nba/hawks/news/john-collins-has-become-one-of-the-nbas-most-versatile-weapons  Read this and let this be the end of this nonsense coming from anyone.

These are all valuable to me. Al under 20 million. JC doesn't shoot the 3 or mid enough and when contested from 3, he's shooting 27% from 3. 

He's kinda skilled but he's far from very skilled. Jabari ran circles around him in the skills department and you would be hard pressed to find anyone willing to give Parker the min next year. 

I just think it will get harder for him. JC used to hide on the worst offensive player but if that player is a center and the 4 is truly 3, who are you hiding JC on. You can't use Capela to guard Tatum. Something has to give. None of this is an issue against bad teams but nearly all of the good EC teams have good PFs and they have good shooting outside of Philly who is working on that. 

I just don't see him like you guys do. He's a nice player. I love him but it's his future value where the disagreement starts and only then. I do value a lot of what he does for us. We are better with him, than without him. 

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

These are all valuable to me. Al under 20 million. JC doesn't shoot the 3 or mid enough and when contested from 3, he's shooting 27% from 3. 

He's kinda skilled but he's far from very skilled. Jabari ran circles around him in the skills department and you would be hard pressed to find anyone willing to give Parker the min next year. 

I just think it will get harder for him. JC used to hide on the worst offensive player but if that player is a center and the 4 is truly 3, who are you hiding JC on. You can't use Capela to guard Tatum. Something has to give. None of this is an issue against bad teams but nearly all of the good EC teams have good PFs and they have good shooting outside of Philly who is working on that. 

I just don't see him like you guys do. He's a nice player. I love him but it's his future value where the disagreement starts and only then. I do value a lot of what he does for us. We are better with him, than without him. 

Isn't that what we have Gallinari for? He isn't gonna lock any of those forwards down, but he can guard them while Collins defends their center.

8 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

Aside from Ingram and AD for obvious reasons, just not a lot of names left out there once the Brogdan sweepstakes are over. Assuming we strike out on Brogdan, I'd probably try to sign Korver or Forbes and call it a wrap

Brogdan?

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Wait don't they still have to pay AD?

They have early bird right to KCP and bird rights to AD

They can sign KCP to a deal plus Kuzma to a price point equal to Bogi.  KCP has to want to go to the Kings though.

• Like 1