• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ramifications

Diesel

Worried.  Trae is accountable for the winning or losing of the Hawks.  With all the new Hawks, will he be able to take a lesser roll?

One of the reasons that Trae didn't play a lot of defense - Hawks couldn't let him foul out.  That is no longer.  Playing lesser minutes should only increase his value.  My ideal would be for him to have less minutes and more assists.  Hope his ego doesn't get in the way!

:smug:

• Like 1

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Trae is already a Star.  Now, he has to Win!  They got him the help they said they would., but it doesn't just fall to him.  It has to be a whole team effort.

There are levels of stardom.  Yes he is a star...  I mean a team leading superstar.   I don't want it to be The Atlanta Hawks.  I want it to be Trae Young and the Hawks when our team is announced.   Like Lebron James and the Lakers.  And yes... he has to win in order for that to be the case. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Trae will never be a good defensive player. He doesn't have the body or physical tools or frankly the defensive IQ for it. The most we can hope for is he goes from perhaps the worst defensive player in the entire NBA to just an average defender. That's all we need. He's so good in everything else that just average defense would bring this team to another level.

I agree.   I think he should watch some Mark Price footage.   He's never going to be a great man defender, but he can learn to stay in front of his man and play passing lanes.   As the game comes to him, that will be possible.   And Average defender would be great!

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

I agree.   I think he should watch some Mark Price footage.   He's never going to be a great man defender, but he can learn to stay in front of his man and play passing lanes.   As the game comes to him, that will be possible.   And Average defender would be great!

I think Mark Price footage should be mandatory for every PG in the league. I admit I am a huge fan of him but I still think Price is the best pure PG I've ever seen play the game of basketball. Not just on offense but on defense. Price had average to good NBA speed/quickness before his injuries but he used his bball IQ on defense to play passing lanes and stay in front of someone by outguessing where they were going. 

Trae could do that. I'm hoping with so much offensive help that he can not use all his energy on offense and save something for defense.

These moves signal expectations for Coach LP. Trae asked for help. Sure. But he is still just entering year 3 and so far has exceeded all previous expectations. 
The pressure wont be on Trae until he signs his future Max Contract. Only then can we say okay, now prove you are worth it. Right now Trae is playing on a discount.  The pressure is solely on the organization to create a winning and competitive roster around him before he becomes a FA. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Sothron said:

I think Mark Price footage should be mandatory for every PG in the league. I admit I am a huge fan of him but I still think Price is the best pure PG I've ever seen play the game of basketball. Not just on offense but on defense. Price had average to good NBA speed/quickness before his injuries but he used his bball IQ on defense to play passing lanes and stay in front of someone by outguessing where they were going. 

Trae could do that. I'm hoping with so much offensive help that he can not use all his energy on offense and save something for defense.

No Doubt.

Mark Price was the first PG that I watched that had absolutely no overpowering physical features average speed, average shooting release, average build, average lateral quickness... BUT  He was dominant on both sides of the ball.   Sometimes, on a switch, he would get overpowered by big guards but most of the time, he just kept his man in front of him and he knew where his man wanted to go or wanted to pass and he beat him to the spot.   That's BBIQ on 1000. 

I can see Trae doing that. I think Trae is diligent enough to do that.  As he understands the game better, I hope that he will become that type of defender. 

OR

The coach put in a Zone and hide Trae at the top. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, RedDawg#8 said:

These moves signal expectations for Coach LP. Trae asked for help. Sure. But he is still just entering year 3 and so far has exceeded all previous expectations. 
The pressure wont be on Trae until he signs his future Max Contract. Only then can we say okay, now prove you are worth it. Right now Trae is playing on a discount.  The pressure is solely on the organization to create a winning and competitive roster around him before he becomes a FA. 

If we could offer Trae a max right now, he would have it.  This his his team for the next Decade if he stays healthy.   The League needs to bring back those Big Dog like contracts.  I would give Trae a 10 year 300 Million dollar deal.  Call it the Super Early Max. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

I would give Trae a 10 year 300 Million dollar deal.  Call it the Super Early Max. 

It would be a steal.  I bet he earns significantly more than 300M in the ten years after he is no longer on his rookie deal.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, AHF said:

It would be a steal.  I bet he earns significantly more than 300M in the ten years after he is no longer on his rookie deal.

yep, early designated rookie max extension is 30% of the cap if he qualifies.

Non hawk fans are so ***** stupid. 

They keep bruning up teams like heat and philly. 

Look, heat have that bum *** lookalike and then what.. philly with embiid..

On paper, we are only behind the bucks and mayyybe boston because of their wings. But huuuuuge maybe. 

Im looking at 2nd or def. 3rd seed. Man i wish we had more competent coaching. Bud got us a 1st seed with only bums. This is atleast a 3rd seed team. 

This season bought to be suuuper fun. 

Just now, hawkzlova123 said:

Non hawk fans are so ***** stupid. 

They keep bruning up teams like heat and philly. 

Look, heat have that bum *** lookalike and then what.. philly with embiid..

On paper, we are only behind the bucks and mayyybe boston because of their wings. But huuuuuge maybe. 

Im looking at 2nd or def. 3rd seed. Man i wish we had more competent coaching. Bud got us a 1st seed with only bums. This is atleast a 3rd seed team. 

This season bought to be suuuper fun. 

Sorry bought the elongated syllables. I talk that way, figures why my social life is stagnant. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

I'd say those are the things he showed improvements on when he did try on the defensive end last season. He just DIES on screens though, that's what he def has to work on.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1