• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It's done:

TRW

Giannis signed the extension. This is a big win for small market teams. I believe all the teams who where in the Giannis sweepstakes will now turn their focus to James Harden. I believe Harden will be traded to Golden State, Miami, Philly, Boston, or Brooklyn by or before Friday. Thoughts?

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, TRW said:

Giannis signed the extension. This is a big win for small market teams. I believe all the teams who where in the Giannis sweepstakes will now turn their focus to James Harden. I believe Harden will be traded to Golden State, Miami, Philly, Boston, or Brooklyn by or before Friday. Thoughts?

Feels unlikely to me.  Golden State would be very weird and I don't know that they have anything to offer Houston wants.  Miami seems content on running it back and James doesn't feel like a fit in that locker room.  Boston would only give up Kemba and I don't think that's what the rockets want... Brooklyn has lots of mediocre assets Houston doesn't want... Philly feels most likely but that would only be if the Rockets settle for Tobias (unlikely).  Like Supes said, I think one of these teams might be more open before the trade deadline if the season doesn't go as planned

16 hours ago, NBASupes said:

James ain't getting traded till they give Houston what they want. No one will do that right now till they fail with their current group. 

And does anybody really want to give up a lot for him?  I don’t think he’s helping his value with how he is going about this.  I agree it will take some time and a team wanting to gut it’s roster first. 

On 12/15/2020 at 2:47 PM, hawkzlova123 said:

BTW, thats a lot of money ..

228 mil for five years....

Wowzer,,,,,, make ur kids nba players folks!!!!

Less than .001% chance of making it to the NBA, let alone excelling.

That's why they deserve every penny of it!

This shows the brilliance of Schlenk spending cap this year instead of waiting for a long-shot of signing Giannis next year. Of course, Trae showing he is that super-star that the team needed helped move the timeline up a year, but waiting on Giannis was fools gold anyways.  Hopefully, one of Hunter or Cam become that second, or third (depending on how you see Collins) difference maker the Hawks need to be a true contending team. For me, I think it will be Cam, but time will tell. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
42 minutes ago, frosgrim said:

This shows the brilliance of Schlenk spending cap this year instead of waiting for a long-shot of signing Giannis next year. Of course, Trae showing he is that super-star that the team needed helped move the timeline up a year, but waiting on Giannis was fools gold anyways.  Hopefully, one of Hunter or Cam become that second, or third (depending on how you see Collins) difference maker the Hawks need to be a true contending team. For me, I think it will be Cam, but time will tell. 

I agree with you but I'm slowly starting to see more and more promise from Hunter.  I feel like we sleep on him a lot and he could be one of those guys that no one understands how he got so good

• Like 2

On 12/15/2020 at 3:52 PM, TRW said:

The Hawks fan in me was hoping this was a John Collins ext post when I read it's done. Close but wrong player 

• Like 1

• Moderators
20 hours ago, hawkzlova123 said:

Are u trying to say every nba player is very special? Even someone like Caruso?

If you look at the global bell curve for basketball planet, even guys like Caruso are at the very very extreme of that bell curve.  Much less common than someone getting an academic full ride to a good school or something.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AHF said:

If you look at the global bell curve for basketball planet, even guys like Caruso are at the very very extreme of that bell curve.  Much less common than someone getting an academic full ride to a good school or something.  

Hmm, I just wanna watch my hawks. When will the !@#%^&(( game start?