• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Any observable differences with McMillan?

Wurider05

6 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Will never, ever get old. Cult classic line right there.

No doubt. @Thomas If you ever end up getting that time machine and plan a trip to travel 🧭 back in time like Marty McFly, please remember your boy 👦 Spud! 

ps I’ll bring the fruit wrinkles, the jello pudding pops,and @hazer will be responsible for the cheez balls and crystal Pepsi! Let’s ride! SHOTGUN!!! 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

As someone who has lost a good amount of bread betting on NBA games (me and @TheNorthCydeRises need some help) it’s basically turned into a contest of getting threes up and canning them sh*ts.  

Co-sign the rest of your post about the Hawks, but let me address this for a minute.  ( The rest of the members can ignore this whining, since it's off topic ).

I don't think I've won a single parlay outright since the end of January, after pretty much hitting at least 2 every week.  College is absolutely ridiculous. I may as well be tossing a $20 bill to the dog to eat, every time I play something. I can't even consistently pick games outright now. 

And the NBA, which was EASY at first, has become ridiculous as well.   If a bad shooting team gets hot from 3, that will kill you every time, even if they don't win.

We'll see what happens tonight.  I got the over 238 in Philly vs Washington - Orlando ( +7.5 ) - Miami ( -2 ) . .. this looks great so far.  But something dumb will always happen, like Philly not scoring in the 4th quarter, or Miami going ice cold to lose to Chicago.

Maybe when Moneybagg Joe drop this stimulus money into my account, I'll change up my strategy to just picking 2 teams, but increasing my bet amount. But that won't last long at all, if I can't even get 2 games right.

Joe Biden has a new nickname after signing the COVID-19 relief bill

10 hours ago, Wurider05 said:

I know that it hasn't been that many games yet but have there been any changes on court that you all have observed since Nate has taken over? Other the fact that we are winning?

On O, Trae is playing top 1/3 of the 3 point line more and keeping the other 4 in front of him. He doesn't penetrate until he's able to see the position of the other 4.

John Collins must like the fact that he's actually getting the ball in spots other than the pick and roll, especially since Capela is occupying that middle space that he used to play.

For max money purposes, John needs to continue to get that ball in the midrange, and prove that he can be an effective scorer off post ups or with the short jumper.  Nate is actually calling plays for him, something LP flat out said that he didn't do.

The next level for Collins is to show people that if he has it going, that he can close out a game with his scoring.

• Like 4

• Moderators
38 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I've mentioned we are running less PnR, but this is 'interesting'

We post up collins a little bit more.   I'd like to see a lot more.

Nate has his rotations that's for sure.   Rondo seems cemented in at 15 minutes or so a game and Skyler glued to the bench.   

Getting Gallo and Snell and Huerter actually open for 3s is good offense.   Not sure why Bogi can't get any open shots.   

Just now, bleachkit said:

I thought a criticism of CLP was we were taking too many threes? 

yeah right.  Well i'd argue they were mostly contested.   Well now we have an offense that is getting open looks.

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Nate has his rotations that's for sure.   Rondo seems cemented in at 15 minutes or so a game and Skyler glued to the bench.   

Getting Gallo and Snell and Huerter actually open for 3s is good offense.   Not sure why Bogi can't get any open shots.   

yeah right.  Well i'd argue they were mostly contested.   Well now we have an offense that is getting open looks.

I don't think that is true - guys just were not hitting their open looks.  There was a stat from even last last season about the percentage of open shots generated which was high but the rate at which guys were hitting was extremely low.  I'm sure @Buzzard remembers.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't think that is true - guys just were not hitting their open looks.  There was a stat from even last last season about the percentage of open shots generated which was high but the rate at which guys were hitting was extremely low.  I'm sure @Buzzard remembers.

I remember seeing that stat as well.  We had a ton of shots where no one was within something like 5 feet of the shooter but shot a disappointingly low % on them.  

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

I remember seeing that stat as well.  We had a ton of shots where no one was within something like 5 feet of the shooter but shot a disappointingly low % on them.  

Yep, it was one of the reasons the FA signings centered on getting 3 point shooters (and defense). 

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That was last year though.   I think Nate's offense is better at getting open looks for Gallo, Snell and Heurter.

Yeah we had a ton of open looks last  year for guys like Cam, Vince, Jabari.........almost as if the defense left them open.  hmmmm

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

That was last year though.   I think Nate's offense is better at getting open looks for Gallo, Snell and Heurter.

Yeah we had a ton of open looks last  year for guys like Cam, Vince, Jabari.........almost as if the defense left them open.  hmmmm

All I'll say is I remember complaining about our WIDE open misses in a lot of our game threads THIS year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

We're just making more open shots.

• Thanks 1

It's not uncommon for a team to play with a renewed spirit and focus after a coaching change. And we've had about the softest schedule imaginable to capitalize on that. I do think Nate is a better option than LP for the simple fact that the players seem to respect him more, but I'm not quite sold on the strategic difference yet. 

• Like 1