2nd round Sixers or Nets?


2nd round Sixers or Nets?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Never want to look ahead but IF, IF we win round 1, who would you rather face? Who do we matchup better against?

Philly has the better defense.

Nets the better offense.

Who ya got?

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

That's the third item on the agenda.

#1 - Make it into the playoffs.

#2 - Win the first round.

:hi:

Definitely agree, no skipping steps. But IF, the time comes and you hand to hand choose...

Having said that I’ll never make the mistake of really either wanting or not wanting to face an opponent. I’ve actually done that for 30 years and the playoffs are never the same as regular season matchups. If you beat a team 3-0 in the regular and go 0-3 against another, it USUALLY means nothing, sometimes it does but not always.

Just thought I’d get a sense of what folks around her thought about the Sixers or the Nets. 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thinking more about the first round than the second because IMHO, that will be the roughest hurdle they need to cross over. Not just for the team but Nate as well. Miami and Boston both possess playoff experience and the Horcats are just the kind of team who would give anyone who doesn't have a 'this is the part where you fall down' guy like Durant a hard time, especially if Hayward comes back strong...

As I've stated before, if they get past the first round, oh boy. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Philly all the way.

People call Trae a defensive liability.   But he has destroyed Philly constantly throughout his young career.

Now that we're an even stronger team, I love our chances vs Philly.

Yes!   I agree completely.  But i'll go ahead predict again that if we face philly in the playoffs we will get royally screwed by the refs.   

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Yes!   I agree completely.  But i'll go ahead predict again that if we face philly in the playoffs we will get royally screwed by the refs.   

Any opponent we will get screwed. It’s us against the world like every other year. Cue Gramps and..Rod..

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Have y'all not been hoodwinked by Atlanta sports enough times in the past? 

Too many times. Even with the Falcons and they aren’t even my team but felt the pain of the Super Bowl a few years back. Just kind of put this out there but taking it day by day and minute by minute these days. Just hoping for the best from our starved Hawks fans. Things have never gone our way, I’m numb to it. Just thought IF we get there which team suits us best. Tell you the truth I’m worried about clashing with you BIL’s Heat in round 1. They are a grind type of team, we’ll see though.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Let's not get too big for our britches, mayne.  Have y'all not been hoodwinked by Atlanta sports enough times in the past?  Those who don't know their history are doomed to repeat the 8th grade.  Trust me, I know!

We're not in the playoffs until we're in.  I'm not even gonna think about the 2nd round until the clock hits zeros on our 4th 1st round win.

Until then, I'm not jumpin' in the pool.  I'm sittin' on the diving board just a-convincin' myself it's safe to jump.  Like Dan E. strAinge at the trade deadline.

The shell shock is real, ladies and gentlemen.

Do y'all not remember when GT went to the Final 4 and brought every back the next season only to fizzle out in the 2nd round?

Do I need to bring up the Super Bowl, Failcons fans?

How many times since 1980 has it been UGA's year(Dayng, 1980?  That can't be right ... nope, it's right.  Yikes.)

Point is, I can't talk about it until we do it.  And, until then, I'm in my foxhole scratchin' my scraggily beard and waitin.  Solo Hill, Vietnam-style fro game, on point.  'Cause all I'm gonna do 'til the Hawks make the playoffs is ....

100.webp?cid=ecf05e47trcug30tglr17z2ldvv

(yeah that's a repeat of my rgm joke but, hey, I liked it.)

 

 

I know this seems ass-backwards, but this is exactly why I prefer to be excited now. There is an over 97 percent chance in ANY team sport that your team will not win it all. And that's if all odds are equal. Its even worse when you factor in Superstars, super teams, and the refs in the NBA. And EVEN WORSE when you consider the Atlanta Sports Curse.

So knowing today, that no matter what we do, it's a virtual certainty that our season will end on a loss, I choose instead to further enjoy the moment TODAY and not put off the excitement for later.

One day, we will capture the ultimate prize and be World Champions, and if that happens I would much rather say I enjoyed the whole ride, and not just the final seconds of it.

I understand the love/hate relationship with Atlanta sports, but my Atlanta fanhood has taught me that if we are going to lose anyway, I only have 2 options, stop watching all together, or seek other goals to find fulfillment. I love watching this team improve. I love watching the growth of the players, and I am excited to tune in to every game I can until we are eliminated.

This season is probably the perfect season to be overly optimistic, because we are playing with house money. The bar was set at making the playoffs, and that was before we fired the HC. That was before all of the injuries. Next year and beyond, we will be expected to win playoff series' and contend for the title. Might as well be happy right now that this team is on schedule if not arriving a little early.

Nothing's ever promised tomorrow, today. Carpe Diem "Seize the Day". If not now, when? I can go on and on, but you get the point 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

 

 

I know this seems ass-backwards, but this is exactly why I prefer to be excited now. There is an over 97 percent chance in ANY team sport that your team will not win it all. And that's if all odds are equal. Its even worse when you factor in Superstars, super teams, and the refs in the NBA. And EVEN WORSE when you consider the Atlanta Sports Curse.

So knowing today, that no matter what we do, it's a virtual certainty that our season will end on a loss, I choose instead to further enjoy the moment TODAY and not put off the excitement for later.

One day, we will capture the ultimate prize and be World Champions, and if that happens I would much rather say I enjoyed the whole ride, and not just the final seconds of it.

I understand the love/hate relationship with Atlanta sports, but my Atlanta fanhood has taught me that if we are going to lose anyway, I only have 2 options, stop watching all together, or seek other goals to find fulfillment. I love watching this team improve. I love watching the growth of the players, and I am excited to tune in to every game I can until we are eliminated.

This season is probably the perfect season to be overly optimistic, because we are playing with house money. The bar was set at making the playoffs, and that was before we fired the HC. That was before all of the injuries. Next year and beyond, we will be expected to win playoff series' and contend for the title. Might as well be happy right now that this team is on schedule if not arriving a little early.

Nothing's ever promised tomorrow, today. Carpe Diem "Seize the Day". If not now, when? I can go on and on, but you get the point 

So you're tellin me I can come outta the foxhole? 🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Premium Member
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

So you're tellin me I can come outta the foxhole? 🤔

Don't do it, some of us have to hang back in ye ole foxhole.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Too many times. Even with the Falcons and they aren’t even my team but felt the pain of the Super Bowl a few years back. Just kind of put this out there but taking it day by day and minute by minute these days. Just hoping for the best from our starved Hawks fans. Things have never gone our way, I’m numb to it. Just thought IF we get there which team suits us best. Tell you the truth I’m worried about clashing with you BIL’s Heat in round 1. They are a grind type of team, we’ll see though.

I think shooting will be the difference vs MIA.  Methinks several of theirs will look around and realize they're not in the bubble anymore.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.