• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

First non intriguing question

bobrathbun4pres

Does Phillys loss tonight have any relevance? I only caught the highlights and I see it as them laying an egg and washington just giving everything theyve got at home to win one. Id guess it atleast gives them less rest IF we can close it out Wednesday. What are yalls thoughts from it?

• Haha 1

Embiid went out at the end of the 1st quarter with a knee injury. That's why they lost. Doubtful it's season ending since he continued to play on it for a while. But if he misses a few games it could extend the series long enough for our guys to get some extra rest. 

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, bobrathbun4pres said:

Does Phillys loss tonight have any relevance? I only caught the highlights and I see it as them laying an egg and washington just giving everything theyve got at home to win one. Id guess it atleast gives them less rest IF we can close it out Wednesday. What are yalls thoughts from it?

It all depends on how bad Embiid is hurt.   If Embiid can't go, Washington will win this series.   But let's finish our course first. 

5 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Embiid went out at the end of the 1st quarter with a knee injury. That's why they lost. Doubtful it's season ending since he continued to play on it for a while. But if he misses a few games it could extend the series long enough for our guys to get some extra rest. 

Embiid didn't play after the injury. He walked right off the court after the fall from what I saw. 

I think Philly closes it out on Wednesday with or without Embiid.

That team is built around him. Doc put an end to that debate when he got to town. Embiid is the centerpiece. So him going down in the middle of a game throws off their entire gameplan. They will have time to make adjustments and reorganize their offense ahead of the next game and win a close one at home with Simmons making a bigger impact.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AUhawksfan said:

I can’t see this one going past 6 games, even without Embiid. Westbrook is bound to be too aggressive and make enough mistakes for the Sixers to capitalize on. 

Simmons has a lot to prove, that he can be the guy when NEEDED in a game that actually matters.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, AHF said:

Simmons will get to prove just how good he is without Embiid in a meaningful game.  

If Embiid has to miss any extended time, then I think the 76ers will have a lot of trouble beating the Hawks.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Simmons has a lot to prove, that he can be the guy when NEEDED in a game that actually matters.

Sure, but just because one guy doesn't show up doesn't mean they'll lose.  All it takes is a bad game by the Wiz, which to me is inevitable regardless of what Simmons does.

Randle has played like crap for the Knicks but they still managed to get one against us because we just didn't show up as a team.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, marco102 said:

Embiid didn't play after the injury. He walked right off the court after the fall from what I saw. 

Embiid crashed to the floor after he was met in the air at the rim by Wizards center Robin Lopez just over seven minutes into the game. Lopez cleanly blocked the shot, but Embiid lost his balance on the way down and crashed onto his backside and instantly grimaced in pain.

He stayed in the game after a timeout and finished the first quarter but was in some discomfort, holding his lower right back area. After checking out of the game in the final seconds of the first quarter, he went to the locker room, limping slightly, and never returned.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31548370/philadelphia-76ers-joel-embiid-doubtful-game-5-vs-washington-wizards-knee-injury-sources-say

• Thanks 1